Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one is as useful as bidoof :P
Tropius would like a word :)

And I'm glad the Golduck talk is back. Water/Psychic is the obvious choice for an evolution, but Starmie and Slowbro already have that typing handled pretty well. Water/Dark would be interesting, but I think Water/Fighting could be even better.

Golduck could turn into the Zen Master pokemon, and all Game Freak would really have to do is create a new item to explain it.

i hope they abolish the stupid rule of not being able to evolve an old way. this prevents them from making a thousand new, useless items and incenses-plus, this means more trades.

I hope the new games don't get fully dominated by Stealth Rock.
We can only hope Nintendo takes notice, and neuters Stealth Rock, provides more 'Rapid Spinners', or give another move with Rapid Spin effects (but not Normal typing). SR that last for 5 turns, or SR that has to be stacked, ala Spikes to reach its full potential would be starting points.

We can only hope Nintendo takes notice, and neuters Stealth Rock, provides more 'Rapid Spinners', or give another move with Rapid Spin effects (but not Normal typing). SR that last for 5 turns, or SR that has to be stacked, ala Spikes to reach its full potential would be starting points.

i would be in full support for a better rapid spin move that hit all types, but they would have to make sure it doesn't go to tons of pokes or entry hazards will become a liability to set up.

I imagine a new rapid spin would probably be of one of the less offensive types, like flying.

Now to talk about something interesting, what do want to see in terms of WiFi function? I'm hoping to see a WiFi underground. The game throws together a number of random people who may then partake in underground activities. Also, a random battle function like the one on battle revolution would be nice. As long as they give the option for an Uber ban function like in battle tower.

And I'm glad the Golduck talk is back. Water/Psychic is the obvious choice for an evolution, but Starmie and Slowbro already have that typing handled pretty well. Water/Dark would be interesting, but I think Water/Fighting could be even better.
Water/Dark is already used by 3 Pokemon. Water/Fighting is used by Poliwrath. neither of those types would unique, so why is Water/Psychic completely unacceptable all of a sudden? completely removing the Psychic aspect that Golduck already has is just plain silly and unnecessary. making it's psychic powers more powerful and giving it the typing (which it should already have anyways) makes way more sense then magically getting rid of it's psychic powers and making it a fighting type for no reason, other than the fact that Slowpoke exists. Dark at least makes a small amount of sense (only because it's based of a Kappa) but that would make 4 Water/Dark types, which completely negates the whole reason we didn't use Water/Psychic in the first place.

We saw the introduction of ev-reducing berries, enabling the correction of perfect bred Pokemon with evs distrubted accidentally on the wrong stats.

Is there hope to see a feature that reduces levels? I can see lots of pros, but too biased to see much cons. A con on the top of my head is Deoxys, changing forms and learning moves that is supposed to be done once.

I imagine a new rapid spin would probably be of one of the less offensive types, like flying.

Now to talk about something interesting, what do want to see in terms of WiFi function? I'm hoping to see a WiFi underground. The game throws together a number of random people who may then partake in underground activities. Also, a random battle function like the one on battle revolution would be nice. As long as they give the option for an Uber ban function like in battle tower.
I suppose they could go with Electric, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Poison, or Psychic for a Rapid Spin type if they still wanted a type to be immune it. Fightning and Poison wouldn't be good though since Ghosts still block Fighting and Steel types are extremely common. No matter what type they go with, it will still give anything a free switch-in unless it's 4x weak to it or they give it more Base Power.

Another way to nerf Stealth Rock is to give a Pokemon a Rock-type Volt Absorb ability. That way, not only does it remove the rocks for free, it also gains back health and can actually make it benificial to have your opponent set SR up. It would be better than a different typed Rapid Spin, IMO, because you wouldn't have to waste an attack removing something that only took one turn to set up. It wouldn't be able to remove (Toxic) Spikes but those can't be thrown onto a team as easily and have the same effect.

I like the idea of random Wi-Fi battles. It might actually get me to play online instead of just going on Shoddy. Garchomp and Latios would probably run rampant if there were a Battle Tower like ban and if there's no Sleep Clause, Breloom might be hard to counter as well.

The only reason to reduce a Pokemon's level would be to EV train Lv. 100 Pokemon and I'm pretty sure there's already a trick to let you do that. I suppose you could do that on the Lv. 100 Magikarp in the Resort Area to get a Lv. 100 Gyarados, but you'd need Heart Scales to teach it any of its good level up moves. You can already use Heart Scales to get Deoxys any move it wants from any of the forms so that's not really a problem. You could conceivably use it to get something like a Lv. 5 Staryu with Hydro Pump for Little Cup or a Lv. 1 Mamoswine for Endeavor but I'm pretty sure the Pomeg Glitch already lets you do that (or at least a Lv. 6 Mamoswine anyway).

This is probably just a coincidence, but Murkrow and Misdreavous were version exclusive Pokemon in Fire Red and Leaf Green and got evolutions in DP. Baltoy/Claydol and Gulpin/Swalot are version exclusives in HGSS so there's a chance we'll see Claydol and Swalot evolutions in Gen 5.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The only reason to reduce a Pokemon's level would be to EV train Lv. 100 Pokemon and I'm pretty sure there's already a trick to let you do that.
The "Box Trick" only existed up to GSC. It doesn't work in RSE onwards simply because the pokémon gets EVs along with EXP Points, and lv100 pokémon don't get the latter, so they don't get the former either.

This is probably just a coincidence, but Murkrow and Misdreavous were version exclusive Pokemon in Fire Red and Leaf Green and got evolutions in DP. Baltoy/Claydol and Gulpin/Swalot are version exclusives in HGSS so there's a chance we'll see Claydol and Swalot evolutions in Gen 5.
Swalot evolving would truly be a kick in the balls for Muk.

We saw the introduction of ev-reducing berries, enabling the correction of perfect bred Pokemon with evs distrubted accidentally on the wrong stats.

Is there hope to see a feature that reduces levels? I can see lots of pros, but too biased to see much cons. A con on the top of my head is Deoxys, changing forms and learning moves that is supposed to be done once.
That would mess with Little Cup pretty badly.

Yeah most likely a coincidence, but I'd like a Swalot evo:D I just like the guy, even if he sucks:P But you know, even if its HP stays the same and only the other stats increase, Swalot would probably be more usable as a defensive pokemon. Granted it would have a weakness to Ground and Psychic, with only the former being a common type it might have to deal with. Also, its abilities aren't bad, but could be better. Sticky hold is kind of good I guess, since no one can trick/knock off your item, and liquid ooze is very situational. Heighten its HP to 110 and its defences to 95 each, oh yeah;> Not that it'll happen though, lol.

One thing though, I always thought Swalot should learn Recover. It just seems the type to learn it. I mean, it's a blob that will keep coming back however much you hit it;D

I'd like to see more ingame changes than competitive changes, by making the games more competitively viable.

1. Make every TM accessible infinite number of times. in DPPt stealth rock was only given away once, in HG SS it sold at a store, that's the kind of improvement I want. Still there are tms such as roost that can only be obtained once. They could deal with this problem several ways. Have them sold (money, coins, bp) have some for pick up, some could be won at lottos, through repeatables with trainers or gym leaders, and of course if they continue to use it, the pokewalker.

2. Either allow ev training at 100 or provide something to delevel a poke.

3. allow exact viewing of IVs and EVs in game

I also have a few desires that have a snowballs chance in hell of happening

4. Allow a service to switch a pokemons ability, as well as expand the selections of abilities to be able to be more than 2. I'd like to see Trace Alakazam.

5. Adding in a mechanic to slightly modify IVs. Lets say allowing anyone to add 31 ivs (or 62) to any single poke to fill in lower IVs (but would still cap at maximum of 31 per stat) also there should be an ability to slightly reduce ivs so people could modify their Hidden Power of Choice. This could cost bp.

Out of game aside from new abilities for pokemon I'd like to see the overall effectiveness of stealth rock reduced. I think its ability to hit any pokemon, as well as being able to deal 50% to some pokemon after just a single turn set up is ridiculous. spikes and toxic spikes both require multiple turns set up, both do not effect flying/levitators, and two types are immune to toxic (including one that just removes it when entering the field.) My preference would be to have stealth rock limited in duration, or remove when a rock pokemon enters the field.

All I really have to say is this: Snorlax needs Slack Off as an egg move or something. The move's been around since RSE and he's had it coming for years.

It fits perfectly into his concept, and honestly I was expecting it in 4th gen =(

He's one of my favorite Pokemon, and reliable recovery would do so much for him.

what do want to see in terms of WiFi function?
Fast mode. No animations, messages in a scrollable list on the lower screen (similar to the list Shoddy has).

Another tweak I think could be made - change the way auto-weather-inducers work. I'd say instead of it being permanent, make it as though the move was used at the start of every turn the Pokemon is in. Then when the Pokemon switches out, there's a few more turns then the weather fades.

Fast mode. No animations, messages in a scrollable list on the lower screen (similar to the list Shoddy has).

Another tweak I think could be made - change the way auto-weather-inducers work. I'd say instead of it being permanent, make it as though the move was used at the start of every turn the Pokemon is in. Then when the Pokemon switches out, there's a few more turns then the weather fades.
But what would happen while the Pokémon is still in? For instance, one of Ninjask's sets in the analysis have the move Sunny Day to save it from Sand Stream when Tyranitar activates its sash. Would the sandstorm just start up again the next turn?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
But what would happen while the Pokémon is still in? For instance, one of Ninjask's sets in the analysis have the move Sunny Day to save it from Sand Stream when Tyranitar activates its sash. Would the sandstorm just start up again the next turn?
I guess it would be canceled just the way it is now.

And what I'd like to see on Wi-Fi (and battling as a whole) is having the non-attack animations being faster. HP reducing being a bit faster (not like PBR, but still), Critical Hit message being instantly followed by the Super effective one, weathers NOT having a message (only the weather animation), weather damage being done along with the weather animation, no message for item usage (only the current animation but faster, with the item sprite appearing) would sensibly reduce how long stall/balanced battles last. It's seriously tiresome to battle anyone when there's Tyranitar and Leftovers users on any side of the field, even when it's two mostly offense-based teams.

I know this is not going to ever happen with Pokemon, but they seriously should get rid of HM's all together. I like raising a full team of 6, but then I always end up with one weak Pokemon like Bibarel/Furret, or I have to give up moveslots on my good Pokemon. It also seriously limits your team options since you need certain HM's to progress.

Oh and they better make the Fire starter have a Fighting secondary type. They did it twice in a row. It is time for something else.

I want to see them continue the Pokewalker idea. It was a great experiment, now they just need to improve on it a bit.

Gah, I overlooked that. I really just meant from a turn counting perspective. Should have expressed it better.

HMs could be replaced by something else. Say specific field techniques, that don't need to be taught as moves, and can be used by suitable Pokemon once you have the relevant badge.

I once mentioned changing SR to do max 25% and min 6.25%. No more 50% or 3.125%. This provides checks to stuff like Salamence while no longer nerfing stuff that's 4x weak to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)