Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
No. While he's resting or Toxicing, Shuckle's just begging for Suicune, McIceGar, TyraniBoah, and anything else with Substitute, a Poison/Steel type, and/or a stat-upper with Rest to set up on it. Skarmory, Forretress, Celebi, Starmie, Jirachi, Sceptile, and Blissey beat it regardless, unless you're using a very gay attack known as Double Team.

However i just find it to be that he can be very good, if you just work on his defense EV's then there you go and hopefully get the right nature and IV of 30 to 31 which of course is rarer then rare yes after that practically you have a scouter, no means for attack only to observe. Thats just my opinion on Shuckle.

I might as well throw out there the only custom moveset of mine that I've had better-than-expected success with, and that is the Amnesia-Counter Registeel moveset.

Although you might look at it on first glance and think, "not practical," I think that in general, using Registeel at all probably isn't practical. However, I've killed more pokemon with this set than Curse Registeel, and it's definitely more useful than the nigh useless CB Registeel. And it's fun.

In fact, you'd be surprised the things you can survive and kill. I took down a Calm Mind Kyogre 1-on-1. And Aerodactyl, and Curselax, and a lot of other big oafs.

The times that it doesn't work (which happens a good bit, because the set requires prediction), people will laugh at you for having a stupid non-standard moveset, but when it works, oh it works very well.

Registeel @Leftovers
Trait: Bold or Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
-Amnesia
-Counter
-Rest
-Seismic Toss or Thunderbolt or a strong physical move

The goal here should be obvious. Either switch in Registeel at a good moment, or save it for last if pseudohazers are being troublesome. Amnesia up against any special sweeper to lure in a physical sweeper. Then use Counter. Rest when necessary, and Registeel very much has the defenses to make GREAT use of Rest.

If a pokemon refuses to use physical moves, use the secondary attacking move. Seismic Toss is probably best, since it does decent damage to any non-ghost, but T-bolt does have its advantages, largely because it can paralyze and hit Gengar.

One of the best things about Registeel in general, and in particular this set, is that there are very few counters to it. Registeel with a good EV spread can survive any Fighting move or Earthquake (except maybe from Groudon), then OHKO the attacking pokemon with it easily, and rest off the damage. Registeel is a Steel type, so Toxic cannot stop it from stalling. Rest can stop status abnormalities anyway. Clear Body will prevent stat reducers.

In fact, the best counter against Amnesia-Counter Registeel is a fire pokemon. Even with Amnesia, fire will do good damage, and you won't survive a rest if you're getting STAB flamethrowered every turn. Gengar and Dusclops can stop Seismic Toss, so watch out for them, too. A strong reversal can probably take him down too, but there are ways around that.

But yeah, it can work if you predict well, and it can stall. So... yup. It's not like the current Registeel movesets are so awesome that there's no room for a new one, so I thought I'd just add my two cents.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Interestingly, the Registeel analysis fails to list TBolt or Thunder as options. Registeel has okay Special Attack, and it's a surprise for Skarm, which would otherwise just phaze it away.

Registeel's SpAtk isn't any worse than his normal Atk, and I think people forget that a lot. Since Registeel doesn't really make use of STAB, T-Bolt is really just as useful or more useful than Earthquake on him (except in Curse and CB sets obviously). Still won't do MUCH damage (because 75 base Atk and SpAtk still stinks), but it has its moments as a secondary attack, for the reasons I already said.

I switched from T-Bolt to Seismic Toss though after I tried in vain to outstall a Celebi. If I had Seismic Toss, I probably would've won that battle.

I've been playing around with choice band zangoose a little bit, and have found that Thunder Wave can be decent in the forth slot as an alternative to brick break or hpground, neither of which its going to do much with anyways.

imo, skarmory should be removed from aerodactyl's counter list. I mean what is exactly skarm going to do to aero? drill peck does shit, and roaring it away isn't countering, specially when cb rock slide does plenty of damage

donphan could possibly be added over skarm, as it resists rock slide, adn doesn't take too much damage, except from maybe adamant double edge, while it can 2hko with rs/hp rock

Ok, even though no one really cares about GSC, I was browsing the GSC Dex and noticed there was no Rhydon analysis! Guess I can make one.

Rhydon@Leftovers
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Curse

This is kick ass 101 right here. 358 attack means that Rock Slide/Quake is hurting anything not resistant on switch-ins, and Curse makes Rhydon a great cleaner end game. The elimination of HP Legends from tournament play means Rhydon can be used more than Steelix. Roar is good against other cursers, since you'll end up being slower.

Other Options: Zap Cannon, Rest, Counter, Substitute, Horn Drill/Fissure.

Zap Cannon is good only for the para it can inflict on Mie/Cune switching in, which can prove invaluable in some matches. Rest because Don is pretty durable when played right, and Counter can fuck up things that want to EQ Don (like Nidoking and Machamp). Sub if you want to attack comfortably with less prediction. And if you're a (BAN ME PLEASE), you could always use Horn Drill/Fissure.

imo, skarmory should be removed from aerodactyl's counter list. I mean what is exactly skarm going to do to aero? drill peck does shit, and roaring it away isn't countering, specially when cb rock slide does plenty of damage
True, but it can usually switch in on 3/4 of Aero's attacks while taking almost nonexistent damage, and proceed to lay down spikes and force Aero to switch to something that in turn counters Skarmory - without even needing to Roar. Of course, when that switch is to Magneton...

I agree that skarm isn't exactly an Aero "counter," but it's not a bad switch-in versus it if you know the opponent isn't packing a Magneton.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Almost nobody uses Steel Wing Skarm, because it kills the Quintessential Tyranitar and nothing else. Aero is just going to switch out to a bulky Water that'll kick your ass.

EDIT: By the way, I think Suicune could get a little more love at wearing out Blissey. From my experience, Suicune trumps Blissey easily one-on-one and 2HKOs Snorlax if it gets 3 or 4 CMs, which isn't that hard, granted that you don't get FPed 3 times in a row.

Crobat could be listed as a counter for Heracross since it has the 4x resistances against Heracross' two STABed attacks. Takes a hit from Rock Slide, of course (though it doesn't get OHKOed without a Choice Band or Guts), if the Heracross trainer somehow manages to predict you're switching to a Flying-type without expecting that Flying-type to be Salamence (since otherwise they'd just switch to a Salamence counter), but Skarmory takes a hit from Focus Punch and that's listed as a counter without even having the Speed advantage that Crobat does.

zapdos
thunder wave
t-bolt
extrasensory
drill peck

imo the best one for it since it can actually kill stuff and not just annoy like other para-flinchers

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
No. Extrasensory really isn't going to do much except against Weezing, which you beat anyway, and Gengar, which you beat anyway if you're at high HP, and beats you if you're at low HP.

Gardevoir (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 96 HP / 24 Def / 252 Spd / 136 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Destiny Bond
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Highly experimental, but is a very nasty suprise.

This thing can pretty much kill heavy hitters that are slower than it. Even if your opponent knows you are carrying this set it'll force them to have some crazy prediction. Might be worth looking into, but there are better sets...

Novelties here?

Choice Band Rapidash
Rapidash @Choice Band
252 Atk - 252 Spd - 6 SpAtk
Trait: Flash Fire
- Overheat
- Double Kick
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Quick Attack
Double Kick will be our main damaging move, 2HKOing Blissey and leaving at bay all those BOAHs. Hidden Power Ghost is mainly for Gengar and other ghosts, and Quick Attack is for reversalers and damaged speeders, though. Overheat is for STAB and seriously damages Skarmory and friends. DO NOT USE -SpATK NATURES ON THIS ON, because Rapidash still needs all that special attack for dealing good damage with this.

Subpunching Blaziken
Blaziken @Leftovers
EVs are in your own disposition. Nature too.
Trait: Blaze
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Thunderpunch/Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Grass]/Earthquake/Rock Slide
Machinae prime, this set can be managed at the player's likes. Focus Punch as your main damaging move, and the substitute support is really appreciated. Your last move will determine what will be your EVs. Use Mild with the Hidden Powers and Thunderpunch, use Lonely with the physical moves. I recommend 250 speed, but you can hit lower if you want. The rest can be put on SpAtk or Atk (Giving preference to the according moves).

Choice Band Xatu
Xatu @Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk - 252 Spd - 6 HP
Trait: Synchronize
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Ground]/Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Quick Attack
A decent movepool to make use of Choice Band, and still average stats. With Jolly, this thing outspeeds Heracross for the OHKO with Drill Peck, and still can outspeed Breloom with Adamant. Hidden Power Ground is mainly for Metagross and such, while Fighting deals with Tyranitar. Shadow Ball will allow you to deal with another psychic dudes, especially Medicham. The 4x resistance to Fighting is nothing to be reckoned with.

A more defensive Ninjask
Ninjask @Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP - 216 Spd - 252 Sp.Def
Nature: Careful
Trait: Speed Boost
- Attract
- Silver Wind
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Put the sex of your like. Attract will buy you time for swords dancing and sweeping/passing. Skarmory will beat you anyway, but this thing deals with Starmie, whose Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/whatever doesn't OHKO you, allowing you for swords dancing and OHKOing back with Silver Wind, also adding the chance of gaining status. You can change the EVs to Defense for resisting less to Starmie and more Quick Attack/Extremespeed/Fake Out and the like, but I don't because Rock Slide will OHKO you no matter what. Also, 410 Speed is nothing bad, but it can be outspeeded by max speed Electrode (Rare).

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Rapidash set- why not use a bulky water to counter Boah? TBolt only 3HKOs them anyway.
Xatu- no. It's attacking skills are pathetic.
Ninjask- lols at "defensive"

Mm, tentacruel is a good cloyster counter, with rapid spin and the ability to set up rather well on it. That regice set I posted is actually not complete novelty. A crud-load of its counters get the shit kicked out of them by it. Snorlax counters molty pretty well, mostly the rest talker with the addition of WoW. Also, P2 and perhaps fire punch gardy are uber shednija counters. Metagross is pretty reliable as a P2 counter. also, this probably has been used before so please dont flame me or anything:

Ursaring (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: Make your own
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Yawn
- Focus Punch
- Return
- Swords Dance

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
In the Arbok analysis for Adv., it says that Crunch is an option. According to the SmogonDex, Arbok can't learn Crunch.

ok, moveset for every idiot's favourite Pokemon, Butterfree!

Butterfree (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Endure
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Supersonic

Salac and max speed gives you 393, which outspeeds nearly everything (damn aero and jolteon).
Supersonic if you expect a sleep talker.

I know it isn't going to kill anything, but it can make it easier for the rest of your team, or maybe just fool your opponent into thinking you're a jackass.

Under Mawile, the fact that it learns psych-up and brick break are good.

For my netbattle team, I use mawile, it copies the cm's and passes it. Not a good pokemon overall, but it is a better b-passer that is ground, rock or steel. Tell me another that learns b-pass and is immune to sandstorm (other than scizor; I have forretress) and I'd consider a switch.

Also, Solrock and Lunatone learn bp, but through XD. Why is bp not allowed on them in NB?

On the Deoxys-L analysis, Shadow Ball should be added as an option to OHKO Deoxys-F instead of 3-4HKOing with Knock Off as it 2HKOs you with CB Shadow Ball. It's also handy for breaking a Mewtwo's Substitute, and for 2HKO'ing Gengar who would prevent you from doing anything unless you have Night Shade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)