(Archive) Pokemon Database Errors Thread

I think it would be helpful to revise the "Differences in R/B/Y" page (http://www.smogon.com/rb/articles/differences). It would be beneficial to mention (specifically) the differences between in-game-play and online play. Pertaining to online play, there are several errors. As there are more than a few people (including myself) who are trying to revive competitive RBY netbattle play, it would be nice to have an accurate description of how RBY battling works. The misinformation (at least in the context of NB) definitely doesn't help the new players.

I would be happy to amend the page so that it has both the information for in-game-play and online-play.

Relating to NB, I submit these corrections:

1. Counter does NOT effect ghosts.

2. Fully Paralyzing or Hurting Oneself in Confusing while underground or in the air does NOT "rend the user invulnerable until switched out or until fly/dig is used again."

3. Substitute does NOT block the secondary effects of attacks (such as Body Slam induced Paralysis). These effects can take place whether or not the substitute breaks. This information has been tested and is contrary to what the Smogon page says. The only possible exceptions are the attacks Psybeam and Confusion, as I have not experimented with these yet.

Examples:

Rattata used Substitute.
Tauros used Body Slam. The substitute broke. Rattata was paralyzed.

Cloyster used Substitute.
Meowth used Body Slam. The substitute took the damage (remained intact). Cloyster was paralyzed.

I hope these help! Please let me know if I can be of service in revamping the above-mentioned page. As someone who only plays RBY, I would be more than happy to improve the page so that it reaches out to the online uses as well as the in-game users.

WW

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The on site generational articles are intended to reflect the games, not any simulator. The only place I could possibly see this info going would be in a "list of NB glitches" article (probably in the /netbattle/ section) which could be linked to from the RB differences guide. I don't know for sure if this is wanted, but it could help RBY players even if it does not relate to true Pokemon.

Also this is not the correct thread to put forward your suggestion. This thread is only for errors in the Pokemon database and the RB differences guide is user generated content (editable via SCMS by any badgeholder). I would suggest you put forward your idea in the suggestion box, then if it is approved it could be placed in it's own thread in the Articles forum.

Wormadam Grass cannot learn Stealth Rock. The Steel version has it by TM, but there is no way to change Wormadam forms after evolution. I'm guessing there are other errors in the Wormadam lists, but I have yet to check.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wormadam Grass cannot learn Stealth Rock. The Steel version has it by TM, but there is no way to change Wormadam forms after evolution. I'm guessing there are other errors in the Wormadam lists, but I have yet to check.
This is known, I have it in my big list on the previous page. It's just waiting for someone with database access to fix it.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Someone had it in their sig, but I have not seen it mentioned in this thread, so it should probably be brought up.
In rotom h's analysis it says underneath the Team options section (third paragraph)
The Tyranitar and Rotom-H combination actually resists every type in the game.
They miss out on resistances to water, grass, electric, ice, rock and dragon iirc.

It is stated in an explaination for Wide Lens that a Rock Slide boosted by Wide Lens is given a 100% accuracy status from its previous 90%. If we do the math, (90 x 1.1) = 99. Not 100.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Seriously, I had _no_ idea where to post this...

In the new Team Builder, CAP Pokemon links lead to DP....

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/arghonaut in the Team Builder should actually be
http://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/arghonaut

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/paleo_wave also leads nowhere... same for http://www.smogon.com/cap/moves/paleo_wave I don't follow CAP so I don't know if its supposed to be that way...
Actually, smogon.com/cap/moves/ is a blank page. The most useful lpace for that to link would probably be Strategem's Moves page, but even that isn't the best choice, since it's not exclusively about that move.

eric the espeon

Seriously, I had _no_ idea where to post this...

In the new Team Builder, CAP Pokemon links lead to DP....

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/arghonaut in the Team Builder should actually be
http://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/arghonaut

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/paleo_wave also leads nowhere... same for http://www.smogon.com/cap/moves/paleo_wave I don't follow CAP so I don't know if its supposed to be that way...
This thread is just for errors in the Pokemon database, as stated in the OP. If you don't know where something goes contact a mod or other helpful person and ask. In this case, I'm not entirely sure where this would have fitted best, but the damage calc thread in stark would have been a better bet than here. Anyway, Colin said that it does not support CaP yet. I do not know if he intends to add in support for CaPs.

It is stated in an explaination for Wide Lens that a Rock Slide boosted by Wide Lens is given a 100% accuracy status from its previous 90%. If we do the math, (90 x 1.1) = 99. Not 100.
Fixed, but for future referrence this is not the correct thread. Anything relating to the descriptions of effect of items, moves abilities or analyses should go in one of the small changes threads.

Actually, smogon.com/cap/moves/ is a blank page. The most useful lpace for that to link would probably be Strategem's Moves page, but even that isn't the best choice, since it's not exclusively about that move.
Doug is planing to/working on adding the new moves and abilities to /cap.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/rb/moves/mimic

I've been testing Mimic in Colosseum (RBY Link Battling). This is the description I've come up with:

Randomly copies a move from an opposing Pokemon's current moveset — regardless of the user having it in their current moveset. The move copied replaces Mimic but retains Mimic's current PP. Switching out will change the move back to Mimic.
The only two issues with the description are with regards to current moveset and current PP. I define current moveset to be the current selection of moves available for the next turn (in a battle) and current PP to be the available PP left for use. Maybe there's a better way of putting it.

Also, would it be best if it was clearly stated that: the move taking Mimic's place does not take Mimic's max PP (even if Mimic's current PP exceeds the max of the move - e.g. 8/5 Mega Kick)? Though, this is only a text related issue as far as the player is concerned. Perhaps for future inclusion in an RBY battle-text article?

eric the espeon

Good stuff, I've added it with minor modifications and included the note about max PP not being copied. However, in future could everyone please use the Small Objective changes thread for this kind of thing, the OP of this thread clearly states that:
MOVE/ITEM/ABILITY DESCRIPTIONS AND POKEMON MOVESETS ARE _NOT_ A PART OF THE POKEMON DATABASE. THEY ARE USER CREATED CONTENT, AND THEREFORE NEED TO BE EITHER IN THE WORKSHOPS OR IN THE SMALL CHANGES THREAD.
This thread is for the things that normal SCMS can't fix, the internal database. Wording and descriptions are easy for any badgeholder to edit, so the small changes threads are much more appropriate.

Pokémon database: Machamp mistake?

Hi everyone.

In the pokémon database, you can see that the max. attack power of a Machamp is 394. My Machamp, however, has 395 attack power, and I didn't use any cheats. So you can change it if you want ;)

(((2*130+31+(252/4))*100/100+5)*1.1)=394.9
Rounded down=394
394 is correct, where did you get 395?
Well I have no idea xD but my Machamp had 395 attack points. I didn't use any cheats either. I calculated the IV's on serebii.net and they said that my IV for the attack stat is 31. They didn't say anything about an invalid number either, so I believe it's possible to get 395 attack.

eric the espeon

Serebii's IV calc does not have a cap for invalid IVs apparently, and just gives you 31 if you put an impossible number in. Which leads to one of these conclusions: either your Machamp is hacked, you are making some sort of an error when checking it's attack, or everyone else has got the stat formula wrong for ~10 years.

Serebii's IV calc does not have a cap for invalid IVs apparently, and just gives you 31 if you put an impossible number in. Which leads to one of these conclusions: either your Machamp is hacked, you are making some sort of an error when checking it's attack, or everyone else has got the stat formula wrong for ~10 years.
It turns red when you enter an invalid value... I catched 60 machops to get one with max attack IV, so I'm not a cheater.

Here are his stats: 305 HP - 385 Attack - 185 Defense - 137 Special attack - 195 Special defense - 201 Speed. I already EV trained it.

EDIT: When I enter 385 attack and 252 EV for attack, Serebii.net calculator says that I have 22 attack IV, which makes absolutely no sens whatsoever.

It turns red when you enter an invalid value... I catched 60 machops to get one with max attack IV, so I'm not a cheater.

Here are his stats: 305 HP - 385 Attack - 185 Defense - 137 Special attack - 195 Special defense - 201 Speed. I already EV trained it.

EDIT: When I enter 385 attack and 252 EV for attack, Serebii.net calculator says that I have 22 attack IV, which makes absolutely no sens whatsoever.
Your Machamp has 385 Attack, not 395. Serebii returns a 22 Attack IV because the maximum Attack is 394. There's no problem here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)