(Archive) Pokemon Database Errors Thread

The "evs" had no colon after it. I fixed it (am I allowed to or should this be left to other people?) and hopefully it will show on-site soon!

PS Sorry for editing it like 3 times, I pressed the confirm button too many times >.<

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Azurill and Marill have two different sets of breeding moves. Azurill should not have Aqua Jet, Amnesia, Belly Drum, Superpower, Future Sight, and Supersonic in its moves learned list.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
For the sake of having a record of when it was done, posting that I just added the HGSS moves to the site.

On the Scizor analysis in the first sentence of the last paragraph in the Counters section there is a mistake. It reads: "Dialga can switch into Scizor’s Bug-, Steel-, and Dark-type attacks with ease, and either set up with Bulk Up or OHKO Scizor with a Fire-type attack." Dialga should quite obviously be replaced with Groudon.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
On the Scizor analysis in the first sentence of the last paragraph in the Counters section there is a mistake. It reads: "Dialga can switch into Scizor’s Bug-, Steel-, and Dark-type attacks with ease, and either set up with Bulk Up or OHKO Scizor with a Fire-type attack." Dialga should quite obviously be replaced with Groudon.
Not really, Dialga gets/uses fire moves can switch into those moves and can use a BU set. Groudon does not have the key resistances. But you're in the wrong thread anyway, read the OP carefully.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For the last time, abilities can change upon migration from Gen 3 to Gen 4, if the Pokémon in question has a new ability in Gen 4 (provided that Pokémon can evolve, of course).

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For the last time, abilities can change upon migration from Gen 3 to Gen 4, if the Pokémon in question has a new ability in Gen 4.
Not so.

When you palpark a monster it will always have the same ability.

If the monster has an evolution, though, it may change then.

This is why the Extreme Speed example above is legal, but a Counter superluck Absol is not.

Says that Gliscor and Skarmory resist rock in the resistance's feature. Also, I posted this in the HTML Workshop because I didn't know where, so I apologise. ._.

Snorlax's moveset needs to be corrected in the RBY section. He has SelfDestruct AND Hyperbeam. Hyperbeam is stronger than SelfDestruct in RBY. Also, Snorlax's stabbed SelfDestruct is listed as the strongest attack in RBY. In fact, Snorlax's stabbed Hyperbeam is the strongest move in RBY, making SelfDestruct utterly superfluous.

WW

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/snatch

Interesting, this page doesn't actually say what Snatch does; it just describes a bunch of properties that it has (same with the R/S page for Snatch). Perhaps you should include a sentence after the list of moves such as "Snatch prevents the target from using its move, and the Pokemon who used Snatch uses that move instead. The target still loses PP."

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/snatch

Interesting, this page doesn't actually say what Snatch does; it just describes a bunch of properties that it has (same with the R/S page for Snatch). Perhaps you should include a sentence after the list of moves such as "Snatch prevents the target from using its move, and the Pokemon who used Snatch uses that move instead. The target still loses PP."
Good catch and fixed, but this is the wrong thread for this kind of suggestion. Try the small changes thread, this is just for errors in the Pokemon database (which unlike the item/move/ability info pages are not SCMS editable).

R/B Counter Update

This all pertains to NetBattle:

Some details of the Counter description are inaccurate.

Counter is reset by any action of the opponent other than switching, being fully paralyzed, being hurt by confusing, fainting, and being asleep (however using rest does reset the counter, just like recovery and softboiled do).

Furthermore, Counter does not affect the Ghosts in R/B.

PM me for any more information, as counter is very intriguing in R/B.

I was checking the site's moveset for Lickilicky and, when I selected it in Shoddy, I noticed that the move Wish is at Shoddy but it isn't on the site. And the move Natural Gift for the same pokemon is on the site but isn't on Shoddy.

Sorry if my english sucks.

eric the espeon

This all pertains to NetBattle:

Some details of the Counter description are inaccurate.

Counter is reset by any action of the opponent other than switching, being fully paralyzed, being hurt by confusing, fainting, and being asleep (however using rest does reset the counter, just like recovery and softboiled do).

Furthermore, Counter does not affect the Ghosts in R/B.

PM me for any more information, as counter is very intriguing in R/B.
Mechanics for netbattle or any other simulator are not what we want on site. If ingame testing shows that the on site description is wrong then it would be helpful to point out.

I was checking the site's moveset for Lickilicky and, when I selected it in Shoddy, I noticed that the move Wish is at Shoddy but it isn't on the site. And the move Natural Gift for the same pokemon is on the site but isn't on Shoddy.

Sorry if my english sucks.
Correct, Lickitung gets it as an event move so Lickilicky can get it too, but does not on site. Good find. I'll add it to my index of things that need changing on the previous page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)