Pokemon Lynchpin Mafia - The Loyal Win

thanks, altair, you are amazing! i didn't really do much this game since there wasn't much of an avenue and you were doing admirably. sorry for not protecting rbg, i didn't know who i was meant to be protecting and didn't see you ;_; didn't occur to me to check the sheet. gg everyone!

Yay mafia win, even though I pretty much did what Altair told me to. Needless to say I was very happy with my role lol. gg all, thanks for hosting Aura Guardian and polelover44.

Thank you for hosting, Aura Guardian and polelover44. The really exceeded my expectations.

I was the one who was responsible for my teammate vonfiedler getting lynched. I didn't think there was much of a chance of the village separating while vonfiedler was still alive. I also thought that all the other mafia were claiming Protectors, so by claiming Loyal, vonfiedler would be more trusted.

I chose to lead the lynch on Nook because his ability was all used up, because there was only one Fast and Timely left, and because I would gain the village's trust, and possibly spreadsheet access, if I listened to Altair and moocle. Possibly powering up Amake and myself was also a benefit from lynching Nook. Had I not been killed by supermarth64 the next night, I could have gained spreadsheet access.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I knew it. I fucking knew it. I told Amake it was your damn fault and I was right. You also got Thoughts killed by making him claim loyal, and tried to make one of us a fucking Weezing. I'm surprised Amake lasted as long as he did with the ability you had him claiming.

I honest to god asked Aura Guardian if it was possible for you to be a mole on the villager's side, and after he said no I still wasn't sure. You killed the Deathly.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
~~~~~~~Bodyguards~~~~~~~~~
I think I made the Loyal a bit too powerful here. Although I confused the Martyr and Reverse Martyr roles names early on, TanzAufDemVulkan combined with Thorns would have allowed for an invincible pairing. In future, I think I will power down reverse martyrs in any games I host. Cresselia (jumpluff) failed to protect RBG, because she didn't realize that the orders were being given out in the spreadsheets.
Tanz should have his own part but meh, his role was plain broken, even a one time BPV would be scratching the borders, but 3... Even without Thorns if this was kept hidden(Which it was) He alone could win the game for the loyal or the village...
~~~~~~~~~reyscarface~~~~~
I intended this role to lead (though Lightwolf told me that moling mafia would have been better), and to counter moles. The idea was that rey would get lynched or killed by a vigilante, then lead the village. Also, his role would allow the vulnerable Palkia to claim to him. The deadvote could have been important late-game if it was down to the wire.
Firstly, I said the mole thing as in context to his deadtalk powers had he stayed hidden(I know from experience that new players easily fall for it...). Now to the main thing: Just no, this role as in getting lynched or vigged for a clean guy like that was already experimented with and failed, especially in a game where there are 10 bad guys out of which 9 work together from the start, with the village numbers being 17... We needed all the fire power especially if Palkia dies, especially since we could only protect him once, so we really couldn't spare vigs and lynches on that(We got extremely lucky with the mafia making all their mistakes tbh...) So the concept you made that role for created something else, which actually could have helped us a lot, but rey stopped doing like anything...

~~~~~~~~The lynchpins~~~~~~~
Nook claimed miller, which meant a lot of suspicion (but really, there might have been one because of the moles...). Anyway, Arceus had a one-time anytime (barring N0) instantaneous, unblockable kill. I intended that to get rid of ultra-power roles of the village (Lightwolf, Altair, RBG, moocle, jumpluff, thorns, etc.), but instead, it was used on TIK.
Using it on TIK basically got them his name, sad they didn't try enough times for it to happen... Also, you say lynchpins, but you only talk about one of them lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lightwolf~~~~~~~~~~
In retrospect, the infinite rogue was broken. However, the double rogue, double tracker, double watcher, minus the rogue bit, wasn't much. Anyway, he caught Class/Yeti kinapping jumpluff N0.
It really isn't the rogue part that was broken, since I could like do it one time(they won't kill me with out hooking again) and won't even know who it was... But double tracker and watcher??? Mafia is basically fucked since most of those who claim won't be targeting the same guy... Track and watch on two persons are broken if something, sadly I got unlucky most of the time.

~~~~~~hookers~~~~~~
village hooker was nerfed (never the same user as a previously hooked one) because they were powerful enough as it was. Mafia hookers were the powerful ones. However, they fell a bit too soon. Hegna's fall was from claiming delayed hooker, I think.
More like claiming the power of his own team mate... Well the same move...

More like claiming the power of his own team mate... Well the same move...
Well, I had no idea. I thought I was screwed the second I was told I was the F+T leader.

Anyway, while Arceus was still alive (at least), we were a pretty weak faction, compared to the rest IMO, but it was fun anyway. Good game guys.

EDIT: And yeah, we failed every kill we had while I was alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)