Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In this case, why on earth are the pixies and event only moves (Such as tickle on wobbufet) allowed?
You could not obtain an Arceus by any means (without hacking) until the 12th move (and even then, it's level 100 and can only have 100 EVs at each stat at best, and Shoddy wasn't coded to put this kind of restriction on a pokémon). Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin and Darkrai could all be obtained in one way or another.

Internet sarcasm=fail, but thats not the point

whats everyone thinking the "first route" pokemon will look like??
DISCUSS(that felt cool)
I think once you stay at Smogon long enough, you'll come to realize that internet sarcasm does not equal fail. Its thrown around quite often here :P

But onto your question, you know well get a bird, maybe based on a pigeon (city) and a normal rodent of some kind, probably another rat (city).

Sinnoh mixed up the status quo a little by giving us the Electric-type Shinx right off the bat. There's no reason they couldn't give us, say, an early Ground- or even Dragon-type.

Sinnoh mixed up the status quo a little by giving us the Electric-type Shinx right off the bat. There's no reason they couldn't give us, say, an early Ground- or even Dragon-type.
They gave us the electric-typed Pikachu early on in Kanto, so it's not exactly a status quo mix-up...

What Evolutions would you like to see in Gen 5? I've put forward my Shuckle, perhaps one for Luxray? Ariados? Perhaps Weavile with a bit more bulk? Post a reply.

They gave us the electric-typed Pikachu early on in Kanto, so it's not exactly a status quo mix-up...
You can also get Geodudes dead early in almost every game. However, a pre-1st gym Dragon type really would be breaking the mold. It surely won't happen.

Early? I suppose. Immediately? Not as immediately as Shinx. Also, how early did we get Lotad in RSE? I mean, he's a pretty weird early-game Pokemon, yeah? And Mankey, we got Mankey right off to the side of Viridian; how often do we get immediate Fighting-types?

Early? I suppose. Immediately? Not as immediately as Shinx. Also, how early did we get Lotad in RSE? I mean, he's a pretty weird early-game Pokemon, yeah? And Mankey, we got Mankey right off to the side of Viridian; how often do we get immediate Fighting-types?
Lotad never appeared in Ruby, but that's beside the point.

Mankey I think was the only immediate fighting type, but I think the reason they did that was so that you're not screwed if you pick Charmander as your starter.

actually, in the original red and blue versions, you could *not* get mankey next to viridian. mankey was added there in the yellow version, as pikachu literally could not hurt brock's pokemon, you needed something like a butterfree or a mankey in order to even stand a chance of beating that gym. they kept the mankey available in that area in firered/leafgreen

The pure flying type without roost is a viable option. Here's a paragraph from a question in an ornithologist forum.

After a few weeks of being fed piles of gooey bugs by its parents, a newly hatched swift will suddenly drop from the nest, open its wings, become airborne and will not land again for the next three years. Yes, you read that right. Once a young swift leaves the nest it will continue to fly, nonstop, for three years. Common swifts eat, drink, bathe, sleep (really) and, yes, mate entirely on the wing. In fact, these birds were members of the Mile High Club centuries before Richard Branson made it fashionable.
Therefore, they could make a bird that never lands (save for fainting, lol) and make it pure flying. No roost since it doesn't land, and given that its pokemon, they could easily make a mature adult still fly for extended times.

The pure flying type without roost is a viable option. Here's a paragraph from a question in an ornithologist forum.

Therefore, they could make a bird that never lands (save for fainting, lol) and make it pure flying. No roost since it doesn't land, and given that its pokemon, they could easily make a mature adult still fly for extended times.
But is it neccesary? What is better about a pure flying than a Normal-Flying?

Defensively, you're trading a fighting resistance for a ghost immunity. And you get roost.

actually, in the original red and blue versions, you could *not* get mankey next to viridian. mankey was added there in the yellow version, as pikachu literally could not hurt brock's pokemon, you needed something like a butterfree or a mankey in order to even stand a chance of beating that gym. they kept the mankey available in that area in firered/leafgreen
I could have sworn I beat Brock using Tail Whip + Quick Attack.

But is it neccesary? What is better about a pure flying than a Normal-Flying?

Defensively, you're trading a fighting resistance for a ghost immunity. And you get roost.
Of course fighting is very prevalent in todays shoddy and competitive considering machamp's popularity (or at least how many times I've had to fight him.)

hmm guys did anyone ever play gold and silver the original version where after the league you got to go back to kanto and theoretically play the whole of Red and Blue again obv with higher lv pokemon though. I would love to see bring back that edition back give the game much more substance of even combine all 4 Regions into one but just make graphics better etc. I'd buy that game. OMG you could call it Pokemon Spectrum :O like all the colours im genius :D

Of course fighting is very prevalent in todays shoddy and competitive considering machamp's popularity (or at least how many times I've had to fight him.)
Machamp is slow as molasses, Starraptor outspeeds and OHKOs with Brave Bird anyway. But I see your point.

There's always other secondary types, but I don't think Pure flying is the best defensively.

I just thought of a great idea for a Fire/Water.

How about a Godzilla based legend? Hiun could be the Tokyo of Isshu and then in Isshu lore it could state that this Godzilla-pokemon is dormant within the Hiun Harbor. Then, the evil team could somehow disturb the "nature" (because we're predicting a nature/technology theme) of Isshu which awakens Godzillamon!

hmm guys did anyone ever play gold and silver the original version where after the league you got to go back to kanto and theoretically play the whole of Red and Blue again obv with higher lv pokemon though. I would love to see them bring that edition back give the game much more substance of even combine all 4 Regions into one but just make graphics better etc. I'd buy that game. OMG you could call it Pokemon Spectrum :O like all the colours im genius :D
1. It already exists man.

2. Pokémon Rainbow FTW.

Don't forget about Mareep in GSC. You might not have been able to get it immediately, but you could get it before fighting Falkner in HGSS. Also, you can't run into Shinx until after you get the Pokedex so it's really obtainable at the same as Pikachu.

I'm thinking BW will have the standard Normal/Flying bird and pure Normal-type in the first Route and then they'll have the standard nearly useless Bug-type along with the standard Electric-type. Geodude, Zubat, Abra, Magikarp, and probably Machop will all be available shortly after that.

I'm hoping they give us an early Fire-type and an early Steel type because they're usually hard to obtain for an in-game playthrough and an early Dragon type seems a little weird to me. They might give us something like Horsea, Swablu, or Trapinch early on but I doubt they'll give us a psuedo-legendary in the first few Routes.

I think they should give Luxray a dark secondary typing-- It'd give him some nice stab (He has access to Crunch and Night Slash, although I don't know why you would want to use both xD). And besides, he is like 3/4ths black, learns dark moves and is a badass. To me its just seems obvious.

You said 'edition', implying the games Gold and Silver.

They're very unlikely to make any more games with old regions, as that would potentially harm sales of remakes. It's not going to happen; especially not with all 4 existing regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)