Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

ight. i just updated my r4, and i think somehow the way it loads the games or something is jacking up my abusing. so i went back to the initial calibration phase... and im getting very low times of like 7 or 8 seconds... even though its taking longer from reset to pressing a on the blue screen than it used to.. any ideas?

I just started learning how to RNG on Emerald but I was wondering if Synchronize works with Method 1 pokemon?

Hey there. I've been successfully RNG hatching shiny eggs for a while, (in DPPt,) but this break I decided I wanted to take the next step and try to abuse my Enigma Stone Latios. Using guides online I've gotten the basic method down. However, after an entire day of attempts, I just can't hit my target time. Without 'updating' PikaTimer, I consistently land around 20 higher than my target delay. If I update it to reflect my skewed numbers, I'll occasionally land around the correct area, (the closest I've gotten was 2 from my target delay,) but more often I'll land on the previous second somehow. I'm doing the same thing every time, so I have no idea why this is happening. The fact that some people on here can consistently hit their seed leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong, though.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to post here asking for help, but if anyone can spare a minute, could you give me some advice on hitting my target time? Thanks.

Hey there. I've been successfully RNG hatching shiny eggs for a while, (in DPPt,) but this break I decided I wanted to take the next step and try to abuse my Enigma Stone Latios. Using guides online I've gotten the basic method down. However, after an entire day of attempts, I just can't hit my target time. Without 'updating' PikaTimer, I consistently land around 20 higher than my target delay. If I update it to reflect my skewed numbers, I'll occasionally land around the correct area, (the closest I've gotten was 2 from my target delay,) but more often I'll land on the previous second somehow. I'm doing the same thing every time, so I have no idea why this is happening. The fact that some people on here can consistently hit their seed leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong, though.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to post here asking for help, but if anyone can spare a minute, could you give me some advice on hitting my target time? Thanks.
You're having swinging delays. (Btw, we don't all hit our delays easily. We just persist until we land on it.) These are the following things I do to help lessen the problem:

Turn all excess programs off. Don't update your browser while running Pikatimer. Don't use another program requiring the sound card. Use earphones in preference to speakers. Do not adjust the full amount of the adjacent delay. If it would change Pikatimer by +20, then adjust 10 or only 4. Then try again and see what happens. Sometimes, when you're close, you adjust by one or none.

For landing on the wrong second: for every minute you change the DS starting time, there is a corresponding change of seconds on getting in the game. If you're too early, adjust the DS clock a minute later. If you're too late, adjust it a minute sooner. Keep all your seed settings and pikatimer settings as they were when you do this.

andrea

/me cresselias

When you update PikaTimer, make sure that your first timer and second timer add up to your wanted seconds/minutes before target. =) The second timer will change upon hitting update, but the first timer doesn't, which is probably why you aren't landing on the correct second.

Not sure this is the right place, but is anyone else having problems with RNGReporter's time finder (like pretty much all of the tabs) but mostly the Egg IV tab.

Nope! That would make things too easy...
Ahhhhhhh nooooo!!

Blah. I already fell in love with a spread/time frame. Well at least I wont waste anymore time XP

Does a Synchronizer mess anything up in the RNG or does it just do nothing?

For Method 1, it doesn't do anything. For Method 2 (wild pokemon), it has a 50% chance of activating and if it does, it automatically jumps you to the next frame of that nature.

Ohhh... So if I hit it close but a little before the frame I'm aiming for in wild pokemon it has a 50% chance of automatically hitting it? I see some interesting catch projects in the future if so. XP

Thank you! I really appreciate the advice. :)

Usually you can pick spreads with a pretty good amount of possible frames, which helps a lot. Hitting any of 20 frames is definitely a lot easier than hitting one specific frame...
The only problem is the lack of good spreads early on, because the seed is always 0.

That's usually the best way to do it, unless you're somewhere with no NPCs, in which case it doesn't matter too much. For example, you definitely need to to RNG the Enigma Stone Lati@s, because the NPC(s) in Pewter City can easily mess up your frames.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
What the fuck is messing with my IRNG frame in SoulSilver? I want an egg in the third frame, so I rejected two eggs and hatched the third one, but I got the egg that's supposed to be in the fourth frame. Then when I only rejected one egg I got the same fourth frame egg. What's going on?

My seed is 64000310 and I'm using the first date that appears on Seed to Time.

What the fuck is messing with my IRNG frame in SoulSilver? I want an egg in the third frame, so I rejected two eggs and hatched the third one, but I got the egg that's supposed to be in the fourth frame. Then when I only rejected one egg I got the same fourth frame egg. What's going on?

My seed is 64000310 and I'm using the first date that appears on Seed to Time.

I heard that incoming calls mess with the IRNG...

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I heard that incoming calls mess with the IRNG...
I had no incoming calls.

And now I just called Joey (or Gorou, like it says in my game), picked up my egg and I get the same fourth frame egg! What's happening?

Thanks for your quick replies and help, Andrea and Riski! Unfortunately, I'm having another issue. Weirdly enough, whenever I enter the game environment and start calling Elm, it seems to initiate on frame 3 instead of frame 1. I would usually think this is just human error, but it's happened several times now, after trying several different dates. If I get the first nine responses to be:

e e k e e e e e p

Then, when I search Elm, RNG reporter finds:

e k e e k e e e e p e

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your quick replies and help, Andrea and Riski! Unfortunately, I'm having another issue. Weirdly enough, whenever I enter the game environment and start calling Elm, it seems to initiate on frame 3 instead of frame 1. I would usually think this is just human error, but it's happened several times now, after trying several different dates. If I get the first nine responses to be:

e e k e e e e e p

Then, when I search Elm, RNG reporter finds:

e k e e k e e e e p e

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Am I missing something obvious?
My game starts on frame 3 because I have two roamers always out.

You are missing something (somewhat) obvious! The calls match up, but skip the first two. This means that either roamers are advancing your frames, like if Raikou and Entei are out, or an NPC moves before you open up the Pokegear. It's pretty normal, don't worry about it. Just look for it every time you RNG.

Anyone know why my roamer's routes don't match up when I hit my seed? They match up for all adjacent ones that I've hit but it really threw me off when they didn't match and I couldn't find them when searching with the route combos. I hit the delay two times before realizing it just now as I was trying to capture a Luvdisc (which I was able to do once I knew the routes were wrong and used Elm calls to confirm my seed). I've used the same seed before and it's never happened like that.

I had that happen before (where I hit my seed {verifying with Elm} but the roamers didn't match up). Not sure why, but always trust Elm over Roamers.

I'm trying to RNG Raikou at the Burnt Tower (one step before they start running away) using Irwin method. I suppose I'm probably going to have to calibrate a bit since my pokemon's going to be following me, but other than that, I should probably be stopping one frame ahead of my target due to me having to take one more step, is that right? Thanks.

Quick question

I'm trying to capture abuse a Magmar by the Fuego Ironworks, do npcs inside the building mess with my delay, as there are none on the route outside?

Quick question

I'm trying to capture abuse a Magmar by the Fuego Ironworks, do npcs inside the building mess with my delay, as there are none on the route outside?
I haven't entered there, but yes they can mess with your "Frame" if they walk and a pattern they won't, either way, when you enter a building is like if you were entering a small and closed route!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 22)