Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So I'm trying to breed a shiny Miltank that's either Impish or Adamant in Platinum. I followed the guide. However, I still failed. The Miltank I got was not shiny with a Careful nature. What did I do wrong?

So, you did the flips and made sure you had the right seed, right? In which case, the only thing that could be wrong is getting the wrong frame. Check nearby frames to see if any of them match what you did get.

After a lot of frustration I managed to hit my delay and FRAME. The way I did it was calibrate what frame I was hitting on the particular save.

So is it advisable to calibrate what frame your landing on when RNGing for IVs everytime?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
After a lot of frustration I managed to hit my delay and FRAME. The way I did it was calibrate what frame I was hitting on the particular save.

So is it advisable to calibrate what frame your landing on when RNGing for IVs everytime?

Yes you have to frame calibrate each time you do a RNG egg abuse

Yes you have to frame calibrate each time you do a RNG egg abuse

On DPPt only, though, which is why I don't use DPPt for breeding any longer.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Ok, so I am trying to ID/SID abuse. My delays keep switching from odd to even and vise versa. Is this supposed to be happening and is there a way to stop it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I HIT MY DELAY!!!!!

I keep trying to put in information for the shiny egg tab under the 4th generation time finder, but when I click "generate" absolutely nothing shows up. I've changed the day and month numerous times and still nothing will show up. Did I do something wrong?

I keep trying to put in information for the shiny egg tab under the 4th generation time finder, but when I click "generate" absolutely nothing shows up. I've changed the day and month numerous times and still nothing will show up. Did I do something wrong?
Tell me exactly what you put in and I see if I can help

Usually it mean that the wanted shiny egg with nature and ability wasnt available on the chosen date

Tell me exactly what you put in and I see if I can help

Usually it mean that the wanted shiny egg with nature and ability wasnt available on the chosen date
Right now I'm trying to breed a Shiny Staryu. I wanted it's nature to be modest, but I guess I just needed to be less picky about what nature it would be (so I changed it to any). Now I'm (once again) stumped on what to do next. A seed came up with a frame of 4 so I clicked "Generate" for that, so I right clicked to generate more times. I then click on "search Elm" (I have HG) and I'm a bit confused on what to do next. Do I just load up the game and start calling Elm? I'm currently in the daycare right now. I'm having a ton of trouble understanding all these guides :(

Right now I'm trying to breed a Shiny Staryu. I wanted it's nature to be modest, but I guess I just needed to be less picky about what nature it would be (so I changed it to any). Now I'm (once again) stumped on what to do next. A seed came up with a frame of 4 so I clicked "Generate" for that, so I right clicked to generate more times. I then click on "search Elm" (I have HG) and I'm a bit confused on what to do next. Do I just load up the game and start calling Elm? I'm currently in the daycare right now. I'm having a ton of trouble understanding all these guides :(
Well first I will help you the best I can, I havent breed any pokemon in HGSS yet, but I understand alot from what others said.

Your rng'ing in HGSS correct?
Is your wanted nature still modest?
If not tell me your id/sid and I can find a frame.

About the frames, the egg frame can only be advance by advancing the IRNG not the RNG(elm calls advance the rng).

To advance the IRNG you will have to reject eggs up till the number before your wanted frame (which case is 4 so you should reject the egg 3 times and save)

But I would suggest you to ask Riski to confirm what I said to be true.

Well first I will help you the best I can, I havent breed any pokemon in HGSS yet, but I understand alot from what others said.

Your rng'ing in HGSS correct?
Is your wanted nature still modest?
If not tell me your id/sid and I can find a frame.

About the frames, the egg frame can only be advance by advancing the IRNG not the RNG(elm calls advance the rng).

To advance the IRNG you will have to reject eggs up till the number before your wanted frame (which case is 4 so you should reject the egg 3 times and save)

But I would suggest you to ask Riski to confirm what I said to be true.
Yes, I'm using Heart Gold. I would like it's nature to be Modest, but it's not a huge deal to me. After all, this is my first time trying this so I'm not going to be too picky. And I'll give you my ID's if that would help. My Trainer ID is:09852 and my SID is 48870

Yes, I'm using Heart Gold. I would like it's nature to be Modest, but it's not a huge deal to me. After all, this is my first time trying this so I'm not going to be too picky. And I'll give you my ID's if that would help. My Trainer ID is:09852 and my SID is 48870
And I also need your delay(you min delay and max delay) or just the delay you can successfully hit

The Delays are another part that I'm having trouble understanding. I have 490 for my minimum delay and 900 for my maximum delay though.
the 490 is acceptable but the 900 is questionable.Your max and min delay should be relatively close from your initial calibrations

for example mine is 488-500

But I will search for the staryu with a delay of 490-500

in platinum, does anybody have any idea why i am getting a seconds of 9 when i try to calibrate? its taking my flashcart firmware like 20 seconds (from SR to game start), and i keep getting like 8 or 9 seconds. any suggestions?

Just a quick check before I go a-hunting a timid synchonizer: Enigma stone lati@s are method K, right?

in platinum, does anybody have any idea why i am getting a seconds of 9 when i try to calibrate? its taking my flashcart firmware like 20 seconds (from SR to game start), and i keep getting like 8 or 9 seconds. any suggestions?
My guess is that it takes 11 seconds for the ds to start running the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)