Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The light source is always the top-(whatever direction the pokemon is facing), if the pokemon is looking straight on at the camera then the light is coming from the top-left.

I'll have some time tomorrow, I'll see if I can't clear up the lighting issues....

What do you mean by "Lack of black shades"?

Outline is hard because the base color is black so they tend to blend together but I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it :D .

These two Pokemon are Black, yet they show enough contrast to show where the light comes from. Your sprite is just black, which makes it look like there is no lightsource, when in fact you are throwing shades all over the body as well.

Okay, edited the Male Normal Sprite (top left).... if it's good I'll edit the rest to match. Also, how does the lighting on the back sprites work?

Thank you again for all the help and feedback :D .

Edit: Looks too light to me now, but idk, maybe that's just because I'm so used to looking at the all black sprites.

Hello kyle i want a banner whit an lucario in the air.In the night so you can see the stars.
And i want you to write Swedenchamp in the behind it in the corner in a cool way.

I aint gona say more cuz i already now you will do it wery great thx hope you can do it.

Okay, edited the Male Normal Sprite (top left).... if it's good I'll edit the rest to match. Also, how does the lighting on the back sprites work?

Thank you again for all the help and feedback :D .

Edit: Looks too light to me now, but idk, maybe that's just because I'm so used to looking at the all black sprites.
Stop saving as JPEG.

Looks a little better, but make the back fin somewhat lighter. You can add more shades but don't contrast too much or little.

For details make it charge a attak thats cool or something and can u make a absol to behind it and the name in the corner (Swedenchamp) plz

First attempt at spriting,

any critiques? This was a attempted fusion of Gallade and Lucario. I basically copied and pasted some of the parts over after the color transfer. As you can tell on Gallade's right arm the paw isn't rotated to fit. In micpaint7 I can't figure out how to rotate selected objects in any way except with 90 degrees and 180 degrees. (vertical and horizontal flips aren't a problem either) Any help/critiques appreciated!

i need an avatar that has daienki (miju3) and empoleon side by side. and above them my name. sounds lame but i don't care.
I'm kind of a novice with art and graphics but I'll work on one for you.

I also done a sig for fun:

I know they probably aren't too good but eh I'm learning.

I'm no expert spriter...but these are just little things I did for fun a while ago. To the left are just easy little recolors and morphs, and to the right is my interpretation of the eeveelutions yet to be made (if they will at all).

Hey all i'm just about to open a RMT but its looking a bit blank so I need some banners done its a rain dance team so it can have the whole team or three pwning Tyranitar and on the banner it needs to say "I Hate Sandstorm" there is Payments which are negotiable (includes credits (from my future thread), breeding projects, EV training, etc.). VM/PM me if you're interested.

Mordocks sprites

I Take requests!

If you could take requests... I'm new to spriting and jus't can't fuse completely different colored pokemon. Could you fuse Venusaur, Hippowdon and Mettagros? I can't get the green, blue, and brown to work together without looking like...well...unpleasing in color. ;) Thanks alot, PM me with the results.

Also, how do you post sprites? It won't let me copy and paste them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)