Eviolite

(Sorry if this has been mentioned) One new poke I've been looking at using this on is Pururiru, the water/ghost prevo. Not, the greatest defenses (55/50/85), but not horrible. It has a great moveset for this though.

This is the set I'd run (I don't have PO):

Pururiru @Pre-Evolution Stone
Water Absorb/Cursed Body
4 HP 252 Def 252 SpDef
Pain Split/Recover
Night Shade
WoW
Taunt/Boiling Water/Acid Armor

I'm having trouble coming up with the best option for the last slot, because this thing has so many options. I think Taunt might be the best option though. Taunt prevents the opponent from healing, setting-up, or possibly statusing you. If used on the switch, it can also stop fast taunters from taking advantage of this set. Boiling Water allows you to hit Normal pokes and can burn, but will be doing pitiful damage. Acid Armor allows you to boost your horrible Defense.

Also, has anyone tested if this item works on normal Rotom?

@ Dusclops vs. Dusknoir: I ran Dusclops on my Trick Room team mostly because after giving it Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, and Pain Split, it only had one slot left for an attacking move. Dusclops/Dusknoir's STABs don't do much damage and plenty of stuff resists them. This means that I would end up running Night Shade for consistant damage no matter which one I ran. With Night Shade, Dusknoir's higher Atk is useless and Dusclops has more bulk.

There's probably always going to be a Bulk vs. Leftovers+Power arguement to whether or not you'd want to use the FE form or the NFE form, it just depends on what you need for your team. Porygon2 is just about the only thing that won't have this arguement since its Evo is never used as a wall/tank at all.

Edit: Also, this is probably going to be seen most in UU and NU. Some NFE Pokemon were used in UU/NU, such as Chansey, because they can still perform roles their evos can, just not as well. I think we might see Daburan (Rankurusu prevo) as a good Trick Room user in UU since Rankurusu works well in OU and Daburan has the same SpAtk and Speed as Rankurusu and nearly as much bulk with Pre Evolution Stone. The inability to run Life Orb or Focus Blast would mean it wouldn't be as powerful as Rankurusu, but the bulky Pokemon in UU wouldn't be as bulky as the ones in OU, which would sort of balance it out.

Base Stats Interesting Facts (rounding decimal stats, with stone when possible)

Porygon 2: 85/80/152/105/159/60 (128/128)
Registeel: 80/75/150/75/150/50

Scyther: 70/110/130/55/130/105 (16/16)
Uxie: 75/75/130/75/130/95

Magmar: 65/95/95/100/136/93 (0/0)
Articuno: 90/85/100/95/125/85

Being Legendary doesn't mean much these days

Also:
Dusclops: 40/70/212/60/212/25 (128/128)
Shuckle: 20/10/230/5/230/5

Also, Max Def Impish Scyther is a beast. One time it survived a Heracross' stone edge and KOd it with aerial ace (it may have roosted the previous turn, I'm not sure). It's probably not strategically optimal, but that scyther has got me quite a few wins, many of them ragequits.

In fact, that might be a valid strategy given the current state of pokemon online. Use evo stone to give a pokemon ridiculous survivability, force ragequit, win.

With That in Mind

Ragequit Generator Onix
Impish 252/252/6 (HP, Def, SpD)
Sturdy
-Block
-Curse
-Rest
-Rock Slide

Trap a physical sweeper, curse up and rest when necessary. Rock slide when you get bored.

You'd be surprised. Night Shade is surprisingly good as an attacking move (basically... perfect coverage on everything but Chansey and Meloetta, among other lesser-seen normal types).

Dusclops is a demigod when it comes to setting up TR due to its Ghost-typing.

EDIT: Yeah so after a bit of playing (I got to under 100 rank a small while back; peaked at around 64), A specs Shanderaa failed to OHKO Dusclops with Shadow Ball. If that's not bulky I don't know wtf is.

Also, I've often had sort of mini sweeps with Dusclops; people will let it burn them and then I just use night shade until they die... it's really hilarious

Oh and also Dusknoir was a terrible OU. One of the cool parts about ghosts in 3rd gen was that they got physical shadow ball. Since then GF hasn't mad any sort of suitable replacement.
Dusknoir wasn't a terrible OU gengar falls to 2 shadow sneak and shadow ball fails to OHKO while jolteon and heatran will too fail to OHKO and get OHKO back by EQ(assuming its no shucartan) the rare ice punch even beats some OU dragons and pain split is just annoying. Even though Rotom-A was better now that they lose their ghost typing dusknoir usage will rise as not every team will have burengu as their spin blocker.

The Misdreavus line weren't intended for a walling role anyways...

I have a Dusclops on my team, purely because it's my Zoroark disguise, and Dusknoir without Lefties would be strange. I run Night Shade and Fire Punch (It really screws Nattorei who think they can wall him)

The problem with most prevostoners is that they are usually trying to tank on field but become vulnerable to status, mostly Toxic and especially with Porygon2/CMClops. Perhaps Daburan can be an ass in the lower tiers due to Magic Guard.

Shadow Sneak may be viable on Dusclops, I know with his 70 base Attack it has awesome power but could prove useful in certain situations.

Misdreavous can perform well with the Pre-evo Stone too, outclassing the evolution.
You have a strange definition of "outclassing". Misdreavus's defenses are still meh when holding a Prevo-Stone, maybe good enough to pull off a better Perish Trap, but people generally use Mismagius for Nasty Plot sweeping.

Even Porygon2, the best Prevo Stone user, doesn't outclass it's evolution: aside from the name, typing and the appearance, Porygon-Z and Porygon 2 are nothing alike. Porygon Z is a purely offensive Pokemon, while Porygon 2 is defensive. Two completely different roles, so it's impossible for one to outclass the other.

The only Pokemon that even comes close to outclassing it's evolution is Dusclops, performing better as a wall/defensive spin-blocker than Dusknoir, yet people still use Dusknoir more due to it's ability to OHKO Gengar and Deoxys with Shadow Sneak and effectively use the elemental punches.

Misdreavus might not be able to wall per-say but as a boosting sweeper, the added ability to take hits (Mismagius has no more HP or Def than Misdreavus) would probably help out alot trying to boost up with calm mind. Too bad Misdreavus is so slow, at least Shandera can't outrun though. :/

The problem with most prevostoners is that they are usually trying to tank on field but become vulnerable to status, mostly Toxic and especially with Porygon2/CMClops.
Porygon 2 has access to Magic Coat, and Dusclops can potentially run Rest.

Pory2 needs RestTalk, or at the very least Aromatherapy support. It's just flat out wrecked by Toxic, and to a lesser extent by burn.

But Pory2 don't mind using resttalk, cause it don't die. A much bigger problem is what happens when something knocks off your item? Then you die.

one word EPIC! This Item will revolutionized Under Used! Happiny will soon be able to wall the likes of many NU pokemon, with this in place we will see a lot more NFE pokes in NU.

one word EPIC! This Item will revolutionized Under Used! Happiny will soon be able to wall the likes of many NU pokemon, with this in place we will see a lot more NFE pokes in NU.
Yeah, even in UU, I think it'll create a lot more viable Pokemon. I don't think it'll change a great amount in OU though.

Yeah, even in UU, I think it'll create a lot more viable Pokemon. I don't think it'll change a great amount in OU though.
I guess it depends on whether or not you consider at least two defensive behemoths and several other usable walls and tanks to be a "great amount" of change.

Seems to me it'll change quite a bit even in OU, although certainly not nearly as much as in lower tiers.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Bad News: No Softboiled (or SpA stat)
Good News: Rest Talk/Rest + Nature Cure

UU = aiming high (in my opinion)
NU = Epic Wall

I think this item is, largely, going to do one of two things.
1: Make some people run Knock-Off, or keep using Trick, and so on, making this item (largely) not worth it, cause suddenly, you've lost your item, and then you're a sad panda. And, there's very little you can do about that.
2: Make people wish there were better NFE Pokemon, since most of the NFE Pokemon are really just going to be surpassed by their evolved forms.

I'm not going to say the item doesn't have uses. But, I will say that the more hold items become critical to your strategy? The more vulnerable you are when you lose that item.

Overall, hold items present a dramatic risk. Yes, they can be useful. But, someone can make you suffer for it. God forbid your wall Pokemon gets tricked into a Toxic Orb. What would you do then? You'd lose your defenses, and unless you had Immunity/Poison Heal (which, I think maybe ONE Pokemon that evolves can have, go go, Shroomish), you're going to be really unhappy.

As I said, the item obviously has uses. And, some items appear more frequently than others. I don't often hear of Toxic Orb as a truly important hold item that much. And, yes, most people will realize that their hold item is PROBABLY better than yours (though Choice Scarf + Trick likely won't care one way or another that your NFE Pokemon might be outspeeding it, because, my god, a fast wall is really not worth that much, is it?)

Still, yes, this will work well for Pokemon like Chansey, and Dusclops, and maybe that new Ghost Wall Pokemon, the Mummy one... maybe. I don't remember it's previous stage's stats. Maybe some fun Pokemon to use this will be the various cocoon Pokemon, and they'll have their stats boosted (at the low low cost of being AWFUL).

The whole summation of this is that, unless you've got an ability like Sticky Hold, you should be wary of losing your Pre-Evolution Stone.

tl;dr version: If you lose your stone, you'll be sad.

PS: If enough people tell me I'm wrong, I'll just edit away those portions of my post. @_@ (Thinking ahead, because I can anticipate being wrong. Also, I rambled somewhat.)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I think this item is, largely, going to do one of two things.
1: Make some people run Knock-Off, or keep using Trick, and so on, making this item (largely) not worth it, cause suddenly, you've lost your item, and then you're a sad panda. And, there's very little you can do about that.
2: Make people wish there were better NFE Pokemon, since most of the NFE Pokemon are really just going to be surpassed by their evolved forms.

I'm not going to say the item doesn't have uses. But, I will say that the more hold items become critical to your strategy? The more vulnerable you are when you lose that item.

Overall, hold items present a dramatic risk. Yes, they can be useful. But, someone can make you suffer for it. God forbid your wall Pokemon gets tricked into a Toxic Orb. What would you do then? You'd lose your defenses, and unless you had Immunity/Poison Heal (which, I think maybe ONE Pokemon that evolves can have, go go, Shroomish), you're going to be really unhappy.

As I said, the item obviously has uses. And, some items appear more frequently than others. I don't often hear of Toxic Orb as a truly important hold item that much. And, yes, most people will realize that their hold item is PROBABLY better than yours (though Choice Scarf + Trick likely won't care one way or another that your NFE Pokemon might be outspeeding it, because, my god, a fast wall is really not worth that much, is it?)

Still, yes, this will work well for Pokemon like Chansey, and Dusclops, and maybe that new Ghost Wall Pokemon, the Mummy one... maybe. I don't remember it's previous stage's stats. Maybe some fun Pokemon to use this will be the various cocoon Pokemon, and they'll have their stats boosted (at the low low cost of being AWFUL).

The whole summation of this is that, unless you've got an ability like Sticky Hold, you should be wary of losing your Pre-Evolution Stone.

PS: If enough people tell me I'm wrong, I'll just edit away those portions of my post. @_@ (Thinking ahead, because I can anticipate being wrong. Also, I rambled somewhat.)
OW! THE RED BURNS MY EYES! Wynut? Evolution Stone decreases the Power of Counter and Mirror Coat, so no thanks.

tbqh, you should be able to tell when a Trick/Knock Off could possibly happen; they don't really have wide distributions, so you should probably recognize that your pre-evo poke should switch out.

Furthermore, most Trick/Knock Off users aren't the sweepers that you're trying to stop with pre-evo stone pokemon, so you really shouldn't be facing them with the pre-evo pokemon in the first place.

Everyone, there's pokemon that are still viable even without a Prevo Stone boost. It's not the end of the world if something like Porygon2 loses its item- it's always had a cool niche in OU.

Chansey is similar in that even without the defense boost, Chansey is the 2nd best special wall in the game.

Granted, there are exceptions, but there's pokemon that are still good without any defense boosts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)