Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Is there a way to retrieve save files from a retail Pokemon Black cart as .sav? And if possible, reinserting them into the cart?
The ARDSi IS supposed to be able to do just that, but when they released the newest fix, they didn't fix the incompatibility issue there. Currently, you cannot back up your B/W game save with an ARDSi, although you can back up the game saves for pretty much any other DS games. I emailed Datel, and they did say that they are working on it.

Is the glitch where you get stuck and have to restart whenever two or more of your Pokémon faint in the same turn in a double/triple battle happening for everyone or just me and my friend?
It's not a glitch. The game wants you to pick the Pokemon you want to shift in, THEN pick one of the two active fainted slots for it to switch to. Incase you want to be in a slot receiving Wish or Leech Seed, for example. I guess.

It's not a glitch. The game wants you to pick the Pokemon you want to shift in, THEN pick one of the two active fainted slots for it to switch to. Incase you want to be in a slot receiving Wish or Leech Seed, for example. I guess.
Oh, that explains a lot. I was really puzzled that the beta testers appeared to have somehow managed to miss this and that every B/W forum ever wasn't talking about it. Thanks.

Would a pokemon bred for egg moves with a parent from 4th gen that had an abnormal combination of egg moves be legal for competitive play?

In case I didn't communicate that well enough, the specific case that made me wonder about it was breeding a nattorei to have both stealth rock and leech seed, which I don't think is possible working exclusively in 5th gen. However, I could accomplish this by transferring a male torterra from Platinum knowing stealth rock and leech seed, and using this as the male parent of a nattorei.

Again, my big concern is the legality of that nattorei.

As long as the Torterra learns those two moves legally, the Nattorei's legal.

Can someone upload a video of using High Link Multiplayer?

(i.e. going into the monochrome wireless world)

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why wouldn't it be legal? Pokemon from other generations are easily pokeshifted over, and Torterra is compatible with Nattore, while knowing Stealth Rock and Leech Seed. So yes, it's legal.

Unless you already got it and sold it, discarded it, traded a Pokémon holding it, or used it on a Misdreavus, Murkrow, or another Lampra, you can get it from a guy on Route 10.

(Just in case you didn't already get it.)

Does it count as disobeying Evasion Clause if Sudden Impulse raises Evasion? I remember that Acupressure didn't count last gen, but now, there's always the chance that this ability will end up raising Evasion to max.

Pokemon Global Link question

OK so I know that I can link two games (one Black and one White) to my Global Link account. But there are some questions about how it works and the limits for them.

1. I already have a Global Link account for my Black game, so how do I link my White game to my GL acc't?

2. How does it work exactly? Like, can you have both games have a Pokemon asleep, or only one game can have a sleeping Pokemon at any one time? Like, if my Black game has a sleeping Pokemon, do I have to wait until it wakes up and returns to my Black game before I send a Pokemon from my White game?

3. I know the time limit for the Dream World is one hour. But if you have two Pokémon games linked to your GL acc't, will you have two hours (one for each game) or are you still limited to one hour regardless?

4. If it's one hour per game, would you have to use both hours back to back, or can you use the one hour for your Black game, then wait a couple hours and use one hour for your White game?

5. Furthermore, would the whole "you have to wait 24 hours to play again" thing be limited to the last game you played? Like, if you played your Black game's our at 1pm and your White game's hour at 6pm, would you be prevented from playing EITHER your Black or White game again until 6pm the next day, or can you play your Black game's hour at 1pm the next day, regardless of when you play your White game's hour?

6. Also, even though you have two games linked to your one GL acc't, are you allowed to get a second promo Pokémon (Crogunk and Arceus) for the second game, or are you limited to one Pokémon per GL acc't, regardless if you have two linked games?

I think that's just about all the questions I have for this. Thanks for your help!

I need some clarification regarding Dream World pokemon/abilities.

Right now, only certain unevolved pokemon are available like Nidoran(M) with hustle or Gligar with immunity as their abilities.

My question is, if those example pokemon were to evolve in-game, does Nidoking have encourage and Gliscor have poison heal or will you need to wait for Nidoking and Gliscor to become available in DW completely separate from their prevos?

I need some clarification regarding Dream World pokemon/abilities.

Right now, only certain unevolved pokemon are available like Nidoran(M) with hustle or Gligar with immunity as their abilities.

My question is, if those example pokemon were to evolve in-game, does Nidoking have encourage and Gliscor have poison heal or will you need to wait for Nidoking and Gliscor to become available in DW completely separate from their prevos?
No, the nidoran with hustle, gligar and every other poke with DW will retain their abilities, upon evolving.
However, like in previous games there is a chance that they change to an already existing ability after evolving (depends on generated PID on game), in the same vein as a Gen III cleffa could get magic guard if evolved on a Gen IV game.

A couple of posts on serebii said that in 5th gen, everstone works with two different foreign pokemon and that the Masuda method still works too.
Can anyone confirm this?
And an extension to my questions, do power items work if one parent is holding it while the other is holding the everstone? (assuming if the above questions have been proven true and that both are foreign parents.)

Serebii has two moves listed, Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt, which are ice attacks that cause burn and paralysis respectively, but it does not list any pokemon who learn these moves. Are these actual moves in the game, are they unconfirmed, or what?

Serebii has two moves listed, Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt, which are ice attacks that cause burn and paralysis respectively, but it does not list any pokemon who learn these moves. Are these actual moves in the game, are they unconfirmed, or what?
Although there is no legitimate way these moves can be learned within Black and White, it's safe to assume that Kyurem will be able to learn them in an event or other game.

Can anyone tell me how to change your trainer type for Wi Fi please? Like how you appear to the other player in the wifi battle subway or random match.

Can anyone tell me how to change your trainer type for Wi Fi please? Like how you appear to the other player in the wifi battle subway or random match.
On your trainer card, right bellow your name you will see a white arrow, if you click there it will change your appearance on wi-fi and etc.

Does it count as disobeying Evasion Clause if Sudden Impulse raises Evasion? I remember that Acupressure didn't count last gen, but now, there's always the chance that this ability will end up raising Evasion to max. Can someone upload a YouTube video of going into someone else's game in High Link, not just the ad for it? Also, do the HG/SS Poké Balls have a special opening animation or do they still have the regular Poké Ball animation?

I think I read this somewhere... that pokeshifting was region locked (i.e. gen 4 from North America can't pokeshift to Gen 5 from Japan). So,

a) Is this true?
b) If so, is there any way to get (or at least see) a turtwig or evolution, or a cacturne or evolution?

and finally (sorry for so many questions)

c) I'm having trouble registering for Dream World. It just never sends me a confirmation email. Anyone else have this problem? I think it's cause the server's in Japan and knows I'm not really from Tokyo :P
(I speak a bit of Japanese, so it's not a translational issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)