Electro Dance Music

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ Setsuna - They've taken the full version of that song off due to a copyright claim by Garuda music but holy crap the preview I've found is amazing!

Time to come good on that promise of mine, I'll start things off with some electro and then drift more towards trance:

Benny Benassi - California Dreaming 2004 (Remix)

Chromeo - Fancy Footwork (Crookers remix)

The Squatters - Monster (Original Mix)

SHM, Laidback Luke & Deborah Cox - Leave the World Behind (Mattias Bootleg)

Nylon - If You Love Me (Steve Hill vs Technikal Mix)

Bassjackers vs Kosheen - Hide Your Fokt Op Contourtje (Tiesto Mash-up)

Will Bailey - Hit The Club (Mightyfools Remix)

Mat Zo - Back In Time (Original Mix) <-- Here's where it starts to get trancey

Armin Van Buuren pres. Gaia - Aisha (Original Mix)

Andy Moor - Fake Awake (Original Mix) (I apologise if this one has already been posted but its an amazing song)!

Armin van Buuren - Communication (Original Mix) (ditto with this one).

Signalrunners feat. Julie Thompson - These Shoulders - I think Julie Thompson has one of the best vocal trance voices of all time and I'm not saying that lightly. Highly recommended!

Ben Gold - Sapphire (Main Mix)

Cliff Coenraad - Massive (Original Mix)

Rafael Frost - Flashback (Original Mix)

Krazy Sandi - Insanity (Arctic Moon Remix) - I'm so excited to play this at my next gig, I'm pretty much expecting/hoping everyone is holding their hands in the air at the drop!

Max Graham feat. Ana Criado - Nothing Else Matters (Aly & Fila Remix)

Orjan Nilsen - So Long Radio (Original Mix)

Binary Finary - 1998 (Alex Morph Remix)

Giuseppe Ottaviani - Angel (Mark Eteson & Ben Nicky Remix) - I had completely forgotten about this track somehow cause I've been getting so much new music, but I wanted to post an even twenty songs and just refound it lol. But yeah, its awesome vocal trance so give it a listen.

I have plenty more songs but I think 20 is enough to get you guys started :). I'd love to hear what you guys liked the most in particular! I have a lot more of both electro/house and trance songs but I didn't post the electro because I assume most people have heard those songs and I didn't post the trance because I didn't want to go all day :p.

I LOVE techno on my ipod i have

Daft punk

Axel F (lol)

pendulum

and a lot of euro pop like numa numa and im blue
DAFT PUNK! DAFT PUNK! DAFT PUNK! DAFT PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
I_______!!DAFT PUNK FOREVER!!_____!
¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨° º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha, yeah Epic Flygon, those are great songs by Armin; we actually love Armin's music around here.

@Zacchaeus: enjoyed Celldweller - Beginning of the End, good beat pretty much all the time.

Here's a very nice trance: Sander van Doorn - Renegade

No one shared songs of The Chemical brothers , and as a biiiiiig fan of this band, I propose this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKCqp9CALQ Hey Boy Hey girl from the album Surrender (1999), probably one of my favourite album of all times (with OK Computer but that's not original).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2hzVV2Nwfs Galvanize with Q-Tip, album Push The Button (2005)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA Swoon (sort version) from the new album "Further" 2010

And as a big fan of trip hop/downtempo variants, a more quiet song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj7F0KU367s Asleep from day

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
3verest YourShot Trance Mix

So yeah I recorded this mix live for one of the biggest DJing competitions in Australia, known as "YourShot", so I thought I'd share it with you all. This thread needs some resurrecting and I was hoping some of my track choices in this 50 minute mix would spark some much needed discussion :). I literally have millions of other tracks to share with everyone which I will post at a later time!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not sure if anyone has posted these songs yet, but I have found out about Armin Van Buuren a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoy his songs. Here are a few of my personal favorites:

Armin van Buuren Featuring Sharon den Adel - In and Out of Love

Armin van Buuren Featuring Jennifer Rene - Fine Without You

Armin van Buuren with Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Not Giving Up On Love

Armin van Buuren & DJ Shah Featuring Chris Jones - Going Wrong
Amazing tracks, but you clearly forgot about;

Armin van Buuren feat. Adam Young - Youtopia

Best iPhone Ringtone :3

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Stallion, that is some fantastic mixing. Really good transitions between songs, and it was a great listen, I've already repeated it 3 times :) Thanks for posting!

By the way, what were the tracks that were playing at 5:04, 8:30, 26:00, and 36:45, if you please? They're my favorites.

Stallion

Tree Young
Thanks for the kind words, you've made my night by saying that :). As for your favourite parts:

5:04 is part of Madonna - Die Another Day (Tiesto Remix) where I'm beginning to transition it. You can predominantly hear it over the other song though. 8:30 is the main part of Above and Beyond - Sun and Moon (Seven Skies Remix). 26:00 is Sean Tyas - Banshee (Original Mix), I had literally only listened to the song once and heard it for the first time on the day before I made the mix haha. 36:45 is Gareth Emery feat. Lucy Saunders - Sanctuary (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix), the original is one of my favourite songs of all time so I discovered this energetic version as I was looking for songs to add to the mix. I can tell you like the higher energy songs haha, maybe when I have time when holidays start in a month I'll create a mix of purely energetic trance for you to listen to!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That would be so awesome of you! :)
I do indeed love energetic trance, especially the progressive kind. I would have asked for an mp3 of your mix instead of just tracks, but my poor mp3 player can't handle it, haha.
Anyways, I haven't been actively hunting down songs lately, so I don't have too much to share, but here's a little JK:

JK- Beat It
Really classic happy hardcore. Love this track to death, could listen for hours.

JK- Go On
Intense track, the original version of Chariots of Survive (which I've heard so many different names for at this point I have no idea which is correct).

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A lot of good stuff in that mix, MS. I just loved listening to it. :) Amazing job!

Definitely one of the best parts in the mix is Tiesto's remix of Die Another Day. Sun & Moon from Above and Beyond (8:19) is also a very nice song (that's a Club mix or something like that, right? Sounds kinda different from the original). Lastly, I just wanna say that everything Gareth touches is pure gold -- see Stars, Too Dark Tonight, and Citadel; all amazing tunes.

Nj: you have no idea how hard I tried to get the lyrics of Chariots of Survive and never find them. And now I just pulled them from Go On thanks to you, haha. Chariots of Survive is just such an amazing song... I think I probably listen to it all days. 'Beat It' was also pretty good to listen to when you first showed it to me a few days ago. :)

Here's some of the Dance and Trance music I've been into lately:

> Energetic Trance - Fighting For Freedom

> Lab 4 - The NRG (specially 2:32 and on)

> Submergence - Midnight Allure

> R.I.O. - Hot Girl

> INNA - 10 Minutes

Stallion

Tree Young
I love all those songs, Indigio is especially catch Grove. Your set of songs is good too Setsuna. A little different from the regular stuff I hear, which is always good for expanding my collection of music. Anyway I have a shit load of music to share but will start with only one song at this point

Vicky Devine - Starfire (Sean Tyas Remix)

I randomly came across this song in my music collection whilst I was DJing and I've fallen in love with it. So much so, that I'm thinking of converting the part between 2:48-3:43 into my DJ introduction (with a few other modifications thrown in of course)!

Hey I like electronic music!

Here's some groups, starting with those already mentioned:

Daft Punk - House
Very well known. Discovery is easily my favorite of their albums, but the others have some good songs as well.

VNV Nation - EBM
Judgement is a pretty great album. Their other stuff that I've listened to is generally okay but nothing stands out to me.

Pendulum - Drum and Bass
Hold Your Colour was great and In Silico has several good tracks as well, but I think these guys are getting into a bit of a rut. I gave the third album a listen and I wasn't impressed.

The Prodigy - varied
One of my favorite bands overall and my second favorite electronic music group. The Fat of the Land is definitely my favorite album but their other albums are quite good as well.

And now some that I haven't seen mentioned:

Infected Mushroom - Psychedelic Trance
My favorite electronic group. Their first few albums are just solid trance whereas a lot of their newer stuff is more experimental and includes some other genres and styles. I like basically all of their albums but my favorites are Classical Mushroom and Legend of the Black Shawarma.
old stuff sample
new stuff sample

Eskimo - Psychedelic Trance
Somewhat recently discovered The Balloonatic Part 1 which quick became one of my favorite electronic albums. I'm eager to check out more.
sample

DJ Fresh - Drum and Bass
His first album, Escape From Planet Monday is pretty sweet and features several collaborations with other artists. His second has a rather different sound but after a few listens I've really gotten into it.
first album sample
second album sample

And One - Synthpop
A band I was introduced to a while ago but have been too lazy to seek out more of their music. This doesn't mean they aren't good though. Both of the albums I've listened to are pretty cool especially Bodypop. The other, Aggressor is also pretty nice. They are a German band, so the majority of their song titles/lyrics are in German, though Bodypop is mostly in English.
aggressor sample
bodypop sample

Blotnik Brothers - Electro
Not much to say. Cool electro group a friend showed me.
sample

Stallion

Tree Young
Infected Mushroom are amazing psy trance Somebody, I completely forgot to post their songs here so thanks for that! I have also never heard of a lot of the new DJ's you've introduced to the thread so I'm going to check them all out and let you know what I think :)

I'm more of a trance-only person, can't stand (most) other forms of electro/house. Actually ignore that, I just don't like David Guetta LOL, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't like eurodance, I still like kinda like Basshunter and DJ Sammy.

Current favourite though is Who Will Find Me
For something a little more hardcore, Star☆Light by Aura Qualic is also in my top 5, but can't find it on yt :/

Edit: I forgot to mention, Armin Van Buuren is great, Hold On To Me is such braingasm

16bit is a largely unheard dubstep duo that really have a lot of variety and show the versatility of the genre beyond what most people want to believe is there.

deep and relaxing track of theirs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESl5BsvH_w

mixing a lot of different sounds into one brilliant remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUp5Efdv5_c

on the heavier side of the spectrum, gets repetitive but a wonderfully produced track regardless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsOxa2PCMsc&feature=related

pure beautiful creativity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Waqn0jBG58&feature=related

and also, figure i might as well whore out one of my very own productions (I go by Russian Graffiti)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efEcjIGWV4I

I really like that song, Stallion. That segment is kinda quiet and has an ambient feel to it, not sure how you'd play that off, but I'd be interesting in seeing, or hearing haha, how'd you'd do it. :)

Came across these two songs the other day:

Third Party - Feel (Original Mix)

First State ft. Sarah Howells - Skies On Fire this one has more a pop feel imo, but I still like it.

As for dubstep, it's growing on me. Some of it has some pretty dirty beats, while the rest just seems like noise. Just gotta give it some time heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)