Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@It's A Random, sounds like an awesome challenge but yanma has a 1% appearance rate, so i'm rejecting it because of the pokemon, if you pick one thats a tad easier to find I'd happily accept this.
Okay, very well then. Mantine named Manta Ray, From your battle with Chuck onwards, it must hold a Cheri Berry to fight. If it loses it mid-battle, you must switch out. You cannot Soft-Reset, & you must save the game after the battle in which it loses its berry. It must solo 40 Pokemon with Physical moves.

Have fun.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
If my counting is correct, than you still need a pokemon Jon_eod. And if not... derp.
(reserving for Jon_Eod, challenge within 20 minutes)

The Challenge: You get a Hoppip, name it Soulless. To evolve into Skiploom, have it catch a pokemon in the bug catching contest all by itself. The entry must win. To evolve into Jumpluff, it must Solo your Rival's Torchic/Quilava/Typhlosion at least twice.

Pokémon Black Version, Solo Scramble, Starring Shelly the Oshawott, UPDATE.

Took on Route 3, including Cheren, and took on Team Plasma in Wellspring Cave. Shelly is at Level 21 at the time of this update.

Edit: Took on N for the second time, and he was rather easy... compared to Lenora. Her juniors were rather easy as well, but Lenora herself proved to be troublesome. I needed a critical on Watchog without Herdier's Take Down getting a critical on Shelly. Lucky I got that outcome on roughly my 5th try at her. Because of this, Shelly is now at Level 24. By the way Water Pulse (which I would have learned at Level 23) is on my banned moves list.

Edit 2: Made my way through Pinwheel Forest to retrieve the Dragon Skull to give back to Lenora, catching a Pidove that I need for flight in the process. Arrived in Castelia, battled Team Plasma and a round with Victini in Liberty Garden. Ready to take on Castelia Gym, Shelly at Level 27.

Edit 3: Made it through Castelia Gym, including Burgh. Leavanny was one tough cookie... I lived the Razor Leaf on 2! (this needed a few more rounds with Victini) after which Torrent-boosted critical Razor Shell took it out. Next up, Bianca, and then Cheren. I had to have been confronted with Leech Seed... twice! (Once from Bianca's Pansage, once from Cheren's Servine) then made my way to Route 4. Made it to Nimbasa, N was easy enough... but the Gym was much tougher, which I expected from the get-go. I needed Shelly on ~50 HP out of 86, at Level 35, and poisoned (I say poisoned because 1, that prevents my Razor Shell from activating Emolga's Static Ability and 2, the passive damage is needed for Torrent range; thank Arceus poison damage does not accumulate on the field in BW, at least when I only have one Pokémon in my party, in this case Shelly the Oshawott), and I ended up catching a Gothita in the process.

The plan is this:

Turn 1, Emolga 1 Volt Switch, I live on ~20 (28 is Torrent range), Razor Shell KO's Emolga 2, Emolga 1 comes in.
Turn 2, I use lemonade to heal to 86, Emolga Aerial Ace. (Not Volt Switch because Zebstrika KO's me with Spark.)
Turn 3, Emolga Volt Switch, I live within Torrent range, Razor Shell KO's Zebstrika, Level up to 36 (max HP 88), Emolga comes back in.
Turn 4, I use Super Potion (or fresh water) to heal almost all the way, to ~70, Emolga Volt Switch, no critical.
Turn 5, same as turn 4, and this same deal continues to turn 6 (and possibly turn 7) until Shelly's HP are ~40.
Final turn, Emolga Volt Switch, I should live unless critical, Razor Shell KO's Emolga.

Edit 4: Took on Cheren again, then teamed up with Cheren and his Liepard against Billy and Susan and their Herdiers. Liepard lived on low (5 I think?) and Shelly sustained no damage. On my way to Driftveil City with Shelly at Level 37. That Eviolite sure comes in handy!

king of Kong's you mean cyndaquil not torchic?

By the way this should be Stickied.

By the way this should be Stickied.
Probably not, if this was a non-competitive Pokemon forum this thread would probably get more attention but it doesn't really need to be stickied... but still, would be better publicity wise.

Anyways, I forgot about my Blue scramble, so I will get some work done on that and then update later.

Ps. incase anyone didn't realize, the only threads I post in are this and the Nuzlocke thread 0_0

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Its_A_Random's Scramble Challenges compendium

Ehh...This is only a post for signature purposes, I'm planning to clean up my sig of the challenges I've done (Scramble or Nuzlocke) & put them all into the one post. :)

COMPLETED CHALLENGES
Pearl Scramble - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Final
Sapphire Scramble - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Final
PMD Red Scramble Part I - 1 2 3 4 Final
Pearl No-Evolution Scramble - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Final
Pearl Warm-Up Solo Run - Original Post 1 2 3 4 5 6 Final
Heart Gold Scramble - Original Post
White Scramble - Original Post 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Final

CURRENT CHALLENGES
Sapphire Payback Scramble - Original Post
PMD Red Scramble Part II - Original Post
Fire Red Nuzlocke - 1 2 3 4 5 6
Emerald Scramblocke - Original Post
Pearl Hard Solo Run - Original Post 1
Its_A_Random's Super Random Spectacular Scramble - Original Post 1 2
White Scramblocke - Original Post

QUEUED CHALLENGES

Sapphire Payback Scramble Redux - Original Post
Super Random Scramble 2: Unova Bogaloo - Original Post
Pearl Anniversary Scramble - Original Post

ABANDONED CHALLENGES
Will add in.

So there's my compendium of Scrambles. Enjoy! :)

Took on Team Plasma in the Cold Storage, then Driftveil Gym, which was much easier than the first four... For Clay, Water Gun OHKO's Krokorok, Razor Shell OHKO's Excadrill, and Palpitoad required Tackles in fear of Water Absorb Ability... And right after the Gym Battle was when I learned Swords Dance... perfect. I forgot Tail Whip in favor of this. I needed SD for the fights to come, including oncoming fight against Bianca, who gave me HM2 Fly upon defeat, which I taught to Pidove.

Next was Chargestone Cave, where I faced Team Plasma members including N. Caught a Boldore in the cave (took advantage of its Sturdy Ability) in the process. N's Ferroseed proved a bit tough, but a +2 STAB Torrent-boosted Razor Shell did the job.

Then the Celestial Tower. First I went to Anville Town to take advantage of the Sunday deal: trading 20 Poké Balls for one Full Restore, which I did ten times; I needed one for the fights in the tower. At the pinnacle of the tower, I rang the bell. I need to do this to unlock Mistralton Gym, where Skyla would await.

The Pokémon at Mistralton Gym were annoying to Shelly at worst, such as aiming a Feather Dance my way to cancel my Swords Dance, and even a Tranquill with Detect and Taunt. As for Skyla herself, Shelly got all the way to +6 (good thing she led with Swoobat that decided to try Calm Mind to set up alongside Shelly) then swept the rest of her team with +6 Tackles. Shelly is at Level 47 at the time of this post.

Edit: Beat Cheren at the entrance to Twist Mountain. Cheren was much easier thanks to SD. Forgot Water Gun when I obtained HM3 Surf. Shelly is at Level 48 as of this edit.

Pokemon White Scramble:

Rules:
#1: Follow the OP.
#2: If you are going to suggest a pokemon for the challenge, which is beyond the 4th Gym say which pokemon to use until then. No restrictions on said filler pokemon, except that they must be equally leveled with the party. This is to prevent over-leveling in my main party.

Example: Someone gives me a Ducklett, with various restrictions. They MUST give me a filler mon to use until I can obtain Ducklett.

#3: Due to leveling mechanics in B/W, I have the right to refuse any soloing challenges. Soloing Elsea with a Pidove is not going to be possible without MASSIVE grinding. Use common sense. If I will have to grind 10+ levels above the local Audino, don't request it.

Example of an acceptable solo:
Solo the 2nd Gym with a Timburr

Example of an Unacceptable Solo:
Solo Burgh with Snivy [Not Servine]

#4: No crude nicknames.

#5: I cannot trade. As a result, Shelmet and Karrablast are added to the useless pokemon list. Zoroark is also impossible.

#6: The challenge will go all the way. However, only Unova pokemon can be used. Because Unova is like America. We are PATRIOTS.

The Squad
Take a Archen. It may never learn Acrobatics, Stone Edge/Rock Slide or Earthquake. Solo the N battle beofre the one at the E4.
@Raikaria: Take a Sewaddle named Waddle Dee. Because Waddle Dees work together, it must have the ability Swarm. Waddle Dees have no mouth, so it may never use Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, or Dream Eater (even after evolving). Because they serve King Dedede, Waddle Dees are constantly struggling to complete tasks and enduring Dedede's wrath, so this Sewaddle must learn Struggle Bug and Endure and solo a Gym Leader to evolve into Swadloon. It wants to beat Dedede, so it must evolve into Leavanny ASAP after becoming Swadloon. At that point, it must forget both Struggle Bug and Endure and replace them with Leaf Blade and X-Scissor. Its other two moves must be one boosting move and one other attacking move. It must solo another Gym Leader to be used against the E4.
@raikarira:
your new partner is Hater the Darumakka...This Darumakka really hates your friends Bianca and Cheren as well as N so it must lead and solo the first pokemon of those guys in all your battles(apart from the battle that archen has to solo)...
Always know a stat boosting move and one fire attacking move and successfully use a combo of them two in two gym leader battles in order to evolve(for example first turn stat up, next turn fire attack)
Raikaria, take a Vanillite, name it VanillaIce. It must know two attacking moves at any given time, one physical & one special move. In any major battle, whenever he inflicts damage to the opponent, he must switch out, because he's a one-hit wonder (Where I come from anyway). Before then, just use a Lillipup or something.

Have fun.

Raikaria, take a Basculin. This Basculin is a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and as such, must be named Capt. Jack. It must have the following moveset:

Set Sail (Surf)
Drunken Advance (Attract)
Back from the Dead (Return)
Fast Sail (Aqua Jet)

It also views opposing Basculin as Barbosa, and must KO every trained Basculin you come across.

Also, for funsies, every time it KOs a gym pokemon, rival pokemon, N pokemon or Ghetsis pokemon, you must shout "Arrrr!"

And until you get it, use any water pokemon.
Raikaria, take a Pidove. Now, this Pidove is a true bro, like no other Pidove, so it must KO every other Pidove, Tranquill, and Unfezant you come across. Soloing optional, but it MUST land the KO. It must have the ability Big Pecks (though I detest referring to its English name). Its best friend is Random's Vanillite, so every time you come across a trained double battle, it and Vanillite must lead together.
*Note: Only the first battle with Cheren's Pidove is counted, due to Hater's requirement.

@Raikaria: Take a Sewaddle named Waddle Dee. Because Waddle Dees work together, it must have the ability Swarm. Waddle Dees have no mouth, so it may never use Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, or Dream Eater (even after evolving). Because they serve King Dedede, Waddle Dees are constantly struggling to complete tasks and enduring Dedede's wrath, so this Sewaddle must learn Struggle Bug and Endure and solo a Gym Leader to evolve into Swadloon. It wants to beat Dedede, so it must evolve into Leavanny ASAP after becoming Swadloon. At that point, it must forget both Struggle Bug and Endure and replace them with Leaf Blade and X-Scissor. Its other two moves must be one boosting move and one other attacking move. It must solo another Gym Leader to be used against the E4.

@raikaria:
your new partner is Hater the Darumakka...This Darumakka really hates your friends Bianca and Cheren as well as N so it must lead and solo the first pokemon of those guys in all your battles(apart from the battle that archen has to solo)...
Always know a stat boosting move and one fire attacking move and successfully use a combo of them two in two gym leader battles in order to evolve(for example first turn stat up, next turn fire attack)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Raikaria, take a Vanillite, name it VanillaIce. It must know two attacking moves at any given time, one physical & one special move. In any major battle, whenever he inflicts damage to the opponent, he must switch out, because he's a one-hit wonder (Where I come from anyway). Before then, just use a Lillipup or something.

Have fun.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Raikaria, take a Basculin. This Basculin is a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and as such, must be named Capt. Jack. It must have the following moveset:

Set Sail (Surf)
Fast Sail (Aqua Jet)

It also views opposing Basculin as Barbosa, and must KO every trained Basculin you come across.

Also, for funsies, every time it KOs a gym pokemon, rival pokemon, N pokemon or Ghetsis pokemon, you must shout "Arrrr!"

And until you get it, use any water pokemon.

raikaria Hater only has to solo N's first pokemon in this case is is Reshiram...
Even then you get rock slide in mistralton cave after 6th gym which is sheer force boosted...
Anyway because N's final battle is rather difficult just have him solo ghetsis' first pokemon(cofagrigus)...

Set Sail (Surf)
Fast Sail (Aqua Jet)

I take it I can use whatever before I have access to Basculin.

@ Ironman, my mistake, I thought it was soloing the whole battle.

Raikaria, take a Pidove. Now, this Pidove is a true bro, like no other Pidove, so it must KO every other Pidove, Tranquill, and Unfezant you come across. Soloing optional, but it MUST land the KO. It must have the ability Big Pecks (though I detest referring to its English name). Its best friend is Random's Vanillite, so every time you come across a trained double battle, it and Vanillite must lead together.

Got through Twist Mountain, made it to Icirrus. Challenged the Gym, and aside from the Razor Shells I need for Brycen and the junior with the lone Cryogonal, the only attack I used throughout the Gym was Tackle. Then I cleaned my way through the Dragonspiral Tower where N befriended Zekrom. On my way to Relic Castle, Shelly at Level 53.

Edit: Made my way back to Nimbasa City, and went south on Route 4 and through the Desert Resort to the west to reach Relic Castle and fight Team Plasma there, picking up a Fossil in the process, then flew to Nacrene City to revive that Fossil into Tirtouga (not to mention retrieve the Light Stone), then flew back to Icirrus and took on Bianca again (and her fully evolved team) before arriving in Opelucid, listening to Ghetsis' speech. Just met Drayden and Iris, and now taking on the Gym, Shelly at Level 55.

Edit 2: Cleared Opelucid Gym including Drayden, now hearing about the storm on Route 7 (This releases Tornadus) Shelly at Level 57.

Edit 3: For the fight against Cheren on Route 10, I actually needed Tornadus' help. Luckily he showed up there, at the most opportune of times, to summon the rain Shelly needs for Cheren. His Unfezant actually allowed me to set up all three Swords Dances, and his Serperior's faster Leaf Blade does just enough damage to activate the Torrent Ability (if it wasn't for that lucky Eviolite I would have lost right away) so that a +6 STAB Torrent-boosted Razor Shell (with Tornadus' help!) would OHKO Serperior. Shelly wasn't in Torrent range for Simipour (because I needed to heal in front of Liepard), but Razor Shell was still a OHKO anyway. With Cheren out of the way, I didn't need Tornadus' rain anymore, so I let him flee. Shelly is at Level 58.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Just a reminder for auramaster & Iggdrasil that they have one day to complete their SPL2 match. Failure to do so will result in a no-result.

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

I will have to ignore Cheren's Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant, as this clashes with Hater's requirement in some battles.

Hater has to solo Cherens lead. That, from Route 3 onwards, is his Pidove. While I can just not catch Hater for that battle, beyond there... yeah.

I'll just use the storyline excuse that my Pidove has already proved itself superior in the Route 3 battle.

And thanks for the major annoyance on many Routes. The Pidove line is as close as you get to Rattata in this game...

Other than that, let us begin

Shelly is Level 60 after clearing Victory Road. The first trainer I had to face was also the toughest; both Whimsicott and Zebstrika were able to outpace me. The Elite Four and N's Castle are the final tests.

I will have to ignore Cheren's Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant, as this clashes with Hater's requirement in some battles.

Hater has to solo Cherens lead. That, from Route 3 onwards, is his Pidove. While I can just not catch Hater for that battle, beyond there... yeah.

I'll just use the storyline excuse that my Pidove has already proved itself superior in the Route 3 battle.

And thanks for the major annoyance on many Routes. The Pidove line is as close as you get to Rattata in this game...

Other than that, let us begin
That's fine by me, I didn't see Hater's requirement lol.

You're welcome :)

After a "Unova region roundup," Shelly reached Level 65. Shame I cannot touch Water Absorb Frillish/Jellicent given Shelly's moves Tackle, Razor Shell, Swords Dance, and Surf. I considered Toxic (which I got on Route 17 and 18) over Swords Dance (but I get that TM after I beat Ghetsis, which is my final goal). Luckily, as I said earlier, Shauntal's Jellicent has the Cursed Body Ability. From what I experimented with, even Surf can be Disabled by Cursed Body, unlike contact abilities like Rough Skin (Druddigon) or Static (Emolga) or Poison Point (Venipede line).

Edit: Shelly, after having cleared the Elite Four in the order of Caitlin, Grimsley, Shauntal, and Marshal is at Level 67, awaiting the final test in N's castle.

OK, the game I'm playing is Pokemon White, I'm able to trade.

A few restrictions;

-No insane stuff. (You know what I mean)

-Pokemon are allowed to fully evolve. (As long as they can evolve)

-These Pokemon and their evolutions are restricted;
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Lillipup
Roggenrola
Sewaddle
Ducklett
Vanillite
Deerling
Ferroseed
Tynamo
Larvesta
All the legendaries (Of course)

Other than that, hit me with your best shot! (Not really, I'm not that daredevil-ish, he he)

@EDIT
I will only use 4 Pokemon.

by restricted i take that you don't want those. then fine take a drilbur. must be caught in the first cave. before you get excited it can only know special attacks and status moves. also it must hold the evolution stone (eviolite) and stay like that until level 35 and must solo one gym leader's main pokemon. after that it may evolve into Excadrill where it can do whatever it wants to. however it must keep any and all status moves it knew prior as a drilbur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)