Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Using Eon Timer, I timed pressing A on the continue screen to when the second timer hit 0. I got 690 delay instead of the target 630. Yet when I button mash and ignore the second countdown, I get close to 630. Is this supposed to happen...?
I'm assuming this is for fourth generation, correct? It might be that your calibrated second is off. Try inputting the delay you got to adjust the timer.

Nah, this time my calibrated second was correct. I mean, I guess all I can do is continue updating and hope stuff works out...

It's awkward because before I RNG'd successfully with often the wrong second (for Wondercards).

I'll see if updating and trying to time it properly instead of mashing can actually get me the result tomorrow, fingers are dead right now. I just find it weird because in trying to get a Celebi with the right nature I've gotten perfect IVs nearly 10 times now, but I don't think I'm RNGing correctly. Though now to make it worse when I hit my delay the IVs have been off the past 3 times, and I'm quite sure the frame was advanced properly. I'm just starting to get unsure about the process now. Urgh.

EDIT: Uhh, yeah... on a newfound common sense suspicion I decided to check a second later after another couple times where I managed to hit a second early... And of course the second later had the same exact roamer locations on the same delay. Derp moment from me. Think this might be worth noting on the first post. I doubt I'm the only one who's made this mistake... A helluva lot of frustration for something so silly. >_>

Guess I'll be putting 0 in the seconds boxes in the future as you advised.
Same thing was happening to me when I was trying to RNG the Celebi a while back, I figured it out pretty much the same way you did lol. I figure keeping the +/- 1 second is good when you can't confirm your seed via Elm due to low frames on a spread(I had one of 5 a few days ago). Glad you figured it out though.

Using Eon Timer, I timed pressing A on the continue screen to when the second timer hit 0. I got 690 delay instead of the target 630. Yet when I button mash and ignore the second countdown, I get close to 630. Is this supposed to happen...?
Just to clarify you're starting the game when the first time hits zero correct?

Nah, this time my calibrated second was correct. I mean, I guess all I can do is continue updating and hope stuff works out...

It's awkward because before I RNG'd successfully with often the wrong second (for Wondercards).

I'll see if updating and trying to time it properly instead of mashing can actually get me the result tomorrow, fingers are dead right now. I just find it weird because in trying to get a Celebi with the right nature I've gotten perfect IVs nearly 10 times now, but I don't think I'm RNGing correctly. Though now to make it worse when I hit my delay the IVs have been off the past 3 times, and I'm quite sure the frame was advanced properly. I'm just starting to get unsure about the process now. Urgh.
If your confirming with Roamers, as was previously mentioned, you can have the same result for different seconds, EX: Your Target Time of 9:54:34 has the possibility of having the same roamers as 9:54:33. If you have frames to spare Elm is much more reliable.

As to the frames being off it could be several things, a mart with NPC(Cerulean has none), lack of adding 2 to the method 1 frame, accounting for 10 Elm calls even though RNG Reporter now confirms with 9 (I did this for about an hour one time), Roamers not being accounted for etc.

If you get an off the wall IV's plug them into an IV calculator and the plug your seed into the main screen to scan the frames near your desired frame(remember to look for -2 of the Wonder Card frame for method 1).

Hope some of this helps you

Just to clarify you're starting the game when the first time hits zero correct?

If your confirming with Roamers, as was previously mentioned, you can have the same result for different seconds, EX: Your Target Time of 9:54:34 has the possibility of having the same roamers as 9:54:33. If you have frames to spare Elm is much more reliable.

As to the frames being off it could be several things, a mart with NPC(Cerulean has none), lack of adding 2 to the method 1 frame, accounting for 10 Elm calls even though RNG Reporter now confirms with 9 (I did this for about an hour one time), Roamers not being accounted for etc.

If you get an off the wall IV's plug them into an IV calculator and the plug your seed into the main screen to scan the frames near your desired frame(remember to look for -2 of the Wonder Card frame for method 1).

Hope some of this helps you
Yes, restarting at the end of the first timer. I'm in Diamond by the way.

Confirming via roamers is just catching a wild Poke, right? If so, that would explain it.

Frames are definitely correctly advanced. It's just 21 journal flips. And a bitchy CPU is a possibility, but my mash is fine. I'm just still confused why actually trying to time it to the Timer get's me nothing good, while just mashing with the timer telling me when to reset only works out.

What are the differences between RNGing HGSS on a Emulator rather than a DS? Basically I want to RNG Kyogre but don't have HG so I was planning on using a Emulator.

Okay, I'm dumb.

I haven't abused in forever. If I sweet scent in a cave in Pt, what is the frame that the Poke will be on? Is it 2 or 3?

Or in other words, does sweet scent advance the frame by 2 or 1?

What is the avarage delay you hit when you get ingame in Platinum on R4? I need this for PikaTimer. (I'm kinda lazy to calibrate. :x )

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What is the avarage delay you hit when you get ingame in Platinum on R4? I need this for PikaTimer. (I'm kinda lazy to calibrate. :x )
Platinum itself is about 600 delay/14 seconds but an R4 will be considerably different. It will also vary a lot depending on your MicroSD card. You're probably wasting your time looking for someone to tell you what it is.

Platinum itself is about 600 delay/14 seconds but an R4 will be considerably different. It will also vary a lot depending on your MicroSD card. You're probably wasting your time looking for someone to tell you what it is.
All right, thanks. While I was waiting for an answer I went calibrating just in case. I know my delay and second now.

Though I've this question now... Is it possible to advance frames by Journal in your bag instead of the journal after the continue screen? (Platinum)

yes, you can but if your are doing a wondercard rng or egg iv abuse, you basically have to advance the journal when the page poop up because the npc can/will screw up your frames

Yes, restarting at the end of the first timer. I'm in Diamond by the way.

Confirming via roamers is just catching a wild Poke, right? If so, that would explain it.

Frames are definitely correctly advanced. It's just 21 journal flips. And a bitchy CPU is a possibility, but my mash is fine. I'm just still confused why actually trying to time it to the Timer get's me nothing good, while just mashing with the timer telling me when to reset only works out.
O ok, Diamond is a different story. Confirming with roamers is for HG/SS. Confirm with coin flip app in DPPt.

IF you have roamers still left, remember to take the frame advances for them into account for your target frame(Having a single wandering Pokémon starts the frame at two; for two roamers it would start on three etc).

As to the NPC, I recommend Sand Gem Mart and saving right after the lone NPC moves, even though you don't think they're moving they could still be advancing your frames(Which is likely the reason why your getting off frames). Another big thing is to make sure your journal pops up right away, and that you don't have to open it in game.

To the timer issue, I've had varying results in DPPt. I tend to just "mash" as you said if the delay is in a range of 10 of my normal delay. So if your normal delay is 620 and you're aiming for 630 then you may have more luck mashing. But remember if for whatever reason you are able to hit a consistent delay, you can always adjust the Year to lower the delay. If 2011 has a 630 delay, 2021 will have a 620 delay. For higher delays the timer works wonders.

Just out of curiosity which timer are you using?

Hi, just starting to RNG on HG cart. When are the IVs generated for the roamers(Entei, Raikou, Suicune)? I just got into the burned tower and after going down the stairs they were released. Does it matter? Can I RNG them later or shouldn't I had released them?

Hi, just starting to RNG on HG cart. When are the IVs generated for the roamers(Entei, Raikou, Suicune)? I just got into the burned tower and after going down the stairs they were released. Does it matter? Can I RNG them later or shouldn't I had released them?
You can do them at that point, but you are also able to RNG them later as well. You will need to find and defeat both of them, and then RNG them when battling the Elite 4. There should be info about it somewhere on the first page of this thread.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Suicune's not a roamer, when you've seen him 5 times across the entire map, you can face it on route 25. He's a stationary legend.

You can do them at that point, but you are also able to RNG them later as well. You will need to find and defeat both of them, and then RNG them when battling the Elite 4. There should be info about it somewhere on the first page of this thread.
thanks, i've been trying to use the search option but my internet is too gay right now. What about Suicune? When are its IVs generated?

I need someone to help me learn how to RNG and walk me through it. I just need to know what I'm doing right and wrong. I'll probably repay the person who can help me with a random RNG a want to do.

The guide posted in Smogon's In-Game articles states that it is not possible to RNG for the nature of a Wondercard Pokemon. Is this still the case, or are we able to RNG for it now?

O ok, Diamond is a different story. Confirming with roamers is for HG/SS. Confirm with coin flip app in DPPt.

IF you have roamers still left, remember to take the frame advances for them into account for your target frame(Having a single wandering Pokémon starts the frame at two; for two roamers it would start on three etc).

As to the NPC, I recommend Sand Gem Mart and saving right after the lone NPC moves, even though you don't think they're moving they could still be advancing your frames(Which is likely the reason why your getting off frames). Another big thing is to make sure your journal pops up right away, and that you don't have to open it in game.

To the timer issue, I've had varying results in DPPt. I tend to just "mash" as you said if the delay is in a range of 10 of my normal delay. So if your normal delay is 620 and you're aiming for 630 then you may have more luck mashing. But remember if for whatever reason you are able to hit a consistent delay, you can always adjust the Year to lower the delay. If 2011 has a 630 delay, 2021 will have a 620 delay. For higher delays the timer works wonders.

Just out of curiosity which timer are you using?
Eon Timer, and all the stuff you said doesn't really apply. Thanks for the help though.

I ended up trying to just update for a while, and it seems it goes up to ~686 (calibrated), and then instead of button mashing I could time the A button press and a target time of 680 is hit a good 1/3 of the time. So I dunno, it worked out after enough time. And why can't I just confirm my delay by catching a level 50 Poke...?

Now, I have another question:
Does the CPU have to visibly move to advance the frame? How long should my pause be? I need to advance the frame by 41 but obviously can only do 20 page flips to get to frame 40. How long do I wait in the mart for that one extra frame before picking the Poke up?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Eon Timer, and all the stuff you said doesn't really apply. Thanks for the help though.

I ended up trying to just update for a while, and it seems it goes up to ~686 (calibrated), and then instead of button mashing I could time the A button press and a target time of 680 is hit a good 1/3 of the time. So I dunno, it worked out after enough time. And why can't I just confirm my delay by catching a level 50 Poke...?

Now, I have another question:
Does the CPU have to visibly move to advance the frame? How long should my pause be? I need to advance the frame by 41 but obviously can only do 20 page flips to get to frame 40. How long do I wait in the mart for that one extra frame before picking the Poke up?
So many things seem wrong here... oh well.

I assume you mean NPC in which case, no you don't necessarily see them move. You may not have to wait at all. In fact, there's a decent chance of you passing the frame even without waiting. NPCs are in-game trolls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)