1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare

Question (HG/SS):

I am RNG'ing a new game for Wonder Cards, made it to the place I need to in order to RNG.

I had Entei and Raikou as roamers, killed them off.

When I go for my seed calc, do I still count them as active, or regular RNG until I beat the E4?

Thanks.

-James
  2. Troggy

Troggy

If they are currently fainted, don't count them. The RNG advancement due to roamers is because the game is figuring out what route they are going to be on. If they're dead they aren't on the map :)
  3. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

Well there goes my plan to RNG Bebe's Eevee from Hearthome City...
    No wonder why I didn't hit my frame, even if I did take note how many times Bebe twitches while simultaneously checking the seed using Coin Flip.

Although my shiny frame is too high anyway (400+), maybe next time I'll choose a lower frame for a shiny ID/SID...
  4. Deceptikon

Deceptikon

hey all, new here. I've been trying to do the RNG abuse on Pearl... no luck. I need help finding my SID, I don't have any shinies or an AR... I used the lotto number trick. it gave me a number but I'd like to verify with someone who knows more about this than I. thanks
  5. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Quick question...is the Celebi event from Gamestop only Serious?

Edit: nevermind. This is the Jirachi wondercard nightmare all over again...Shame. I landed on my delay the first time, and it had to be Serious...
  6. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    Programmer

Try posting in the SQSR thread. Someone with an AR or the ability to convert pokemon to pkm files can check it for you from there. I'd do it myself, but I don't have constant wifi.
  7. Zoap

Zoap

I just want to dedicate this post to ToastPlusOne, for making the amazing EonTimer and ZomgTimer. Because of you I now have my Modest HP Fire 70 Celebi. :).

Celebi @ Jaboca Berry
    Modest Nature: +SpA -Att
    HP:31 Att:3 Def:30 SpA:30 SpD:31 Spe:30
    HP Fire 70

Thanks all contributing RNG helpers!
  8. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Don't do this. PokéRNG DP is outdated now - the new PokéRNG is available on the first page. If you're still using PokéRNG DP, you should update as soon as possible.

If you think you have a SID, try RNGing a shiny. If the result is identical to the expected one, but is not shiny (i.e. same nature/gender/ability), you've got the wrong SID.
  9. AncienTLorD86

AncienTLorD86

hello guys..anyone please explain to me about this..

Registeel method J (sync) target frame 14..

i do jurnal flip 4 times ( caught Regigigas ( day ) =8 frame

walking 128 steps with 5 pokemon in the party =5 Frame
    8 Frame ( jurnal Flip ) + 5 Frame ( walking 128 steps ) + 1 (Monster Frame ) =14

but i hit target frame 13 only..then i re-try..
    journal flip 6 times=12 then i caught the registeel...i got the right IVs i want...frame 14.

monster frame for registeel is 2..?

sorry for my English..
  10. Deceptikon

Deceptikon

EEEK!!! thanks everyone for the help and advice!!! i just made my first deliberate shiny!!! the lotto trick worked for me. it's a really good resource if you haven't found a shiny yet. and thanks to the RNG abusers!!!! I'm beside myself!! :)
  11. Waterfiend33

Waterfiend33

Black & White - Discovering ID / SID Through RNG Abuse

It's probably a bit early to ask about this, but here goes...

I wanted to know if there's a way to discover what my SID is in B&W based on the month / day / year / time / delay when I start the game for the first time, as was the case with the 4th gen games.

If we don't have a way yet to determine ID / SID, can someone at least tell me when the game starts the delay counter, and when it generates the ID / SID while starting a new game? That way, if we do find out later how the game creates the ID / SID, I'll at least have the info I need, including my delay.

Knowing my SID will save me a step later on if / when we find a way to reliably breed shiny eggs, since I'll already have my SID. Thanks!
  12. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As said in the Black/White RNG thread, play the game through first before attempting to RNG. Asking about this in other areas of the wi-fi forum (or any other area of the forum for that matter) will incur an infraction. Sorry to mini-mod, but you can go check the thread yourself.
  13. Shinyshuppet1

Shinyshuppet1

Okay I'm really confused about hitting my target time and delay on my platinum game.
    I'm suppose to hit 22:59:50 but I don't know how to do that.
    Is it the same as hitting a delay on Hg/Ss?

Never mind, it is the same and caught my shiny legend. :D
  14. Waterfiend33

Waterfiend33

I'm not attempting to abuse right now - I just want to know how to get my ID / SID so that I can abuse for shinies later. We have no way of knowing how hard it will be to find out the SID later and I'd really rather not take the chance. As a reminder: finding your SID without an Action Replay in the 4th gen was a -HUGE- pain in the ass, up until we found the chained shinies formula. If I know what my SID is when I start the game it saves me all of the trouble.

As for the thread you're referring to, is it this one?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79340

Or something here?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144

Could someone please simply answer my question or direct me somewhere that I could get it answered?.... I realize everyone on the forums is busy playing the games, but this isn't helping at all...
  15. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

It's basically the same. The only difference is that the calibrated time/delay will change (if you go through the title screen as fast as possible, HG/SS has a delay of about 490, while Platinum's is about 590).
    As far as I know, the only known way to check your SID in B/W is through a cheat device. I think you're best off just playing the game normally for now, and when it's figured out, start a new game (you'll only miss out on limited-time events, which can't be shiny anyway).
  16. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Just write down the date\time you started the game from the DS menu, down to the second. You'll be able to use it later to retrieve your SID.
  17. Waterfiend33

Waterfiend33

Thanks OmegaDonut, and Wichu. I appreciate your help... And now on the game! ;)
  18. Riastylis

Riastylis

Who from SQSR would you recommend for me to ask to check?
  19. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

^, Giratina man checked mine.
  20. Riastylis

Riastylis

Thanks Poppycock. I appreciate the help. And thank you too, Dark Ray
  21. Riastylis

Riastylis

@Poppycock
    Where can I find Giratina man?
  22. Diabolico

Diabolico

When you're rng abusing by headbutting a tree, does any of the pokemon in the tree appear randomly even though you used the same frame of your target seed?
  23. Eiganjo

Eiganjo So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

no, they don't its always the same one when you go for a particular frame.

i.e if you find a starly on say, frame 80, every single time you do it on the same tree you will find a starly on that frame.
    I've done most pokemon found from specific headbutts trees and it always turned out the same
  24. Diabolico

Diabolico

Sigh..... Darn it. Then how do I find out which frame of my target seed is gonna make my target pokemon (seedot) appear?
  25. Eiganjo

Eiganjo So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

trial and error, unfortunalty, although I did read someone decrypted the encounterslots for it somewhere.

at least I did all mine with trial and error

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)