Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Thank you for your help, I reduced the radio pings by 1 and successfully got a flawless modest deoxys. I am still a little confused by using the main page of RNG reporter, I ran the seed and the three 31's and found the two frames 114 and 115, now what confuses me is the time and nature columns as the time is nothing near what I had, and the nature is correct but I thought it was random/unknown how to control. So is the time column meaningless for wonder card (and if so what is it for?) and was it just chance that I got the same nature as was in the column?

I don't know what the time is used for as I've only ever used the main page to find what frame I hit. The nature isn't coupled for wondercard pokes like method 1, so thats why the nature wont match up for wonder card.

Okay, I tried to get the Raikou again, advancing by the radio (dragging the circle back and forth to the lower right station at a time Pokemon Search Party was playing) to frame 19. I beat Lance, went and caught Raikou, and it's nature was ... Mild, with the IV spread for frame 22 of my seed. What is going on? Is there some NPC that's hiding in the room that nobody else has problems with? Would the fact that I'm using a time of 23:59:47 and waiting for the day to change (to enable Pokemon Search Party to play on the radio) have any effect on this, or would that only affect the initial frame (which it hasn't, as my initial frame is always 3 when trying this)?

I didn't think of this until recently, but I'm guessing it's fully possible to end up with an illegal moveset if you RNG eggs with hacked parents like I do...

Okay, I tried to get the Raikou again, advancing by the radio (dragging the circle back and forth to the lower right station at a time Pokemon Search Party was playing) to frame 19. I beat Lance, went and caught Raikou, and it's nature was ... Mild, with the IV spread for frame 22 of my seed. What is going on? Is there some NPC that's hiding in the room that nobody else has problems with? Would the fact that I'm using a time of 23:59:47 and waiting for the day to change (to enable Pokemon Search Party to play on the radio) have any effect on this, or would that only affect the initial frame (which it hasn't, as my initial frame is always 3 when trying this)?
"Letting time pass in-game so the date rolls over to the next day seems to advance the RNG by 2."-From second post

So that should be why your frames are off.

"Letting time pass in-game so the date rolls over to the next day seems to advance the RNG by 2."-From second post

So that should be why your frames are off.
That doesn't explain why I can track the frame using RadioSeed and end on frame 19. I can tell that the roamers advance my frame by 2 (or maybe that's the date changing), because when I start frame-advancing I begin on frame 3, according to RadioSeed. I then advanced until frame 19, exited the Pokegear, beat Lance and ended up with the Raikou whose spread matches frame 22.

Hey, apparently to RNG abuse eggs in HGSS, you need to have shown Elm the hatched Togepi? I tossed that egg a while ago...
I do believe you can show him any Togepi or Togepi egg, Someone can correct me if im wrong. If you already beat the game then you most likely shown it to him awhile ago.

I never hatched it, and I called him just now, he wants to know how the egg is doing XD

And the egg isn't in my PC. I probably traded it away as trade fodder...

I didn't think of this until recently, but I'm guessing it's fully possible to end up with an illegal moveset if you RNG eggs with hacked parents like I do...
I don't believe you can have an illegal moveset as the game will only pass down moves that match the egg move criteria (move is level up for egg, move is TM for egg, move is egg move) so it will not pass on any illegal moves.

I never hatched it, and I called him just now, he wants to know how the egg is doing XD

And the egg isn't in my PC. I probably traded it away as trade fodder...
try to get a Togepi from the GTS if you have seen one, otherwise try to find one from a friend or online.

That doesn't explain why I can track the frame using RadioSeed and end on frame 19. I can tell that the roamers advance my frame by 2 (or maybe that's the date changing), because when I start frame-advancing I begin on frame 3, according to RadioSeed. I then advanced until frame 19, exited the Pokegear, beat Lance and ended up with the Raikou whose spread matches frame 22.
Is your target frame 21? If so I believe that the date rolling over is the cause for starting on frame 3 and you should advance to frame 18 as with 3 roamers you get +3. Instead of advancing to 19 and getting +3 to Frame 22.

Having not RNG'd the trio yet I'm just going off how I understand it.

I don't believe you can have an illegal moveset as the game will only pass down moves that match the egg move criteria (move is level up for egg, move is TM for egg, move is egg move) so it will not pass on any illegal moves.
Yeah, but you can have illegal egg move combinations (unless breeding in the ground group) ^^

Is your target frame 21? If so I believe that the date rolling over is the cause for starting on frame 3 and you should advance to frame 18 as with 3 roamers you get +3. Instead of advancing to 19 and getting +3 to Frame 22.

Having not RNG'd the trio yet I'm just going off how I understand it.
My target frame is 20, so using your way of thinking I'd advance to frame 17. However, I've tried this already, and I ended up getting the spread for frame 21 (which doesn't make any damn sense. Advancing to frame 19 got me frame 22's spread, advancing to frame 16 got me frame 19's spread, so why should frame 17 give me the spread for the frame that's 4 frames from 17?). I might just advance to frame 18 for the hell of it, as it's the only frame from 16-19 that I haven't stopped at, and see what I get. At least the Elite Four provides good money...

My target frame is 20, so using your way of thinking I'd advance to frame 17. However, I've tried this already, and I ended up getting the spread for frame 21 (which doesn't make any damn sense. Advancing to frame 19 got me frame 22's spread, advancing to frame 16 got me frame 19's spread, so why should frame 17 give me the spread for the frame that's 4 frames from 17?). I might just advance to frame 18 for the hell of it, as it's the only frame from 16-19 that I haven't stopped at, and see what I get. At least the Elite Four provides good money...
It also says that roamers in HG/SS advance the frame inconsistently so that could also be the issue.

Yeah, but you can have illegal egg move combinations (unless breeding in the ground group) ^^
This is what I meant. Luckily, there seems to be a site that checks if movesets are possible with chain breeding. I think this should be noted in the guide due to people always insisting breeding with hacked parents produces perfectly legit pokemon. Legit, sure, but legal? Not necessarily.

Wondering if anyone's been blacklisted due to this...

@fire blast: In that case, I'm not sure. You should just calibrate as you try to hit your seed. Cause I'm pretty sure you're supposed to enter in your target time.

Anyone want to tutor me DPPt RNG? I'm bored waiting for BW RNG without AR XD
Just so you know, you don't need an AR to RNG in B/W.

hello guys...

does anyone can teach/tell me where should i do RNG for Latios/Latias..? inside fan club house..? what the monster frame..?
From what I've read here, it's generally considered easier to RNG Latias/Latios using the Elite Four Roamer method rather than inside the fan club. The first page contains a good explanation of the method.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)