Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durant
Jolly, Male;
31/31/25/31/31/31
SWARM

Ditto
Modest;
31/31/31/31/31/31

What can I do to breed these two together to get the best results? Too many shits with Swarm or getting the wrong stats like Special Attack. What do?!?
Well, I'd use Power Bracer on one then Power Anklet on the other (if you can pass down IV's from both parents, I don't really pay attention to that part of breeding anymore unless it's absolutely necessary, like perfect Speed) then keep breeding. I wish there was some way to determine Ability on a Pokemon though :L

Well, I'd use Power Bracer on one then Power Anklet on the other (if you can pass down IV's from both parents, I don't really pay attention to that part of breeding anymore unless it's absolutely necessary, like perfect Speed) then keep breeding. I wish there was some way to determine Ability on a Pokemon though :L
Well, I have some ones that have like 31 in HP Attack and Speed with Hustle, but since that SUPER DURANT I want better.
Also I don't have power items.

One with Hustle I'm assuming.
As far as I'm aware, in the 5th gen abilities are not more likely to be passed down from if a parent has them, and they always have an equal chance of showing up. So just worry about gender and nature so you can use an Everstone.

Anyone have a good set for a special wall Altaria?
Got this EV'ed one from GTS Negotiations. It is:

Altaria @ Leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
252HP/252SpDef/4Def
Draco Meteor
Power Swap
Cotton Guard
Roost

Haven't gotten the chance to use it though. I'm guessing you Cotton Guard, Roost when needed, and Draco Meteor as a STAB attack, and Power Swap to hurt your opponent's offenses

Got this EV'ed one from GTS Negotiations. It is:

Altaria @ Leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
252HP/252SpDef/4Def
Draco Meteor
Power Swap
Cotton Guard
Roost

Haven't gotten the chance to use it though. I'm guessing you Cotton Guard, Roost when needed, and Draco Meteor as a STAB attack, and Power Swap to hurt your opponent's offenses
Thanks. I'm wondering if it would be better to use Rest because you can get full heals if you switch out with Natural Cure. Problem is you lose the Cotton Guard boosts. I'll have to do some thinking on it.

Does anyone know the exact chance of passing down Dreamworld abilities? Out of like 15 Poliwags, none of them had Swift Swim while being bred from a female Poliwag with Swift Swim and a Ditto.

I'm sure this has already been answered some where, but I can't find an answer for it so here goes:

I can understand why blaziken was moved to uber, and it really doesn't bother me that much, but why can't they just ban speed boost blaziken? Blaziken with blaze is just as useful as it was gen III and IV, I think it's a little unfair to have a pokemon moved to uber because of only one of its abilities.

Am I supposed to catch Reshiram before I go battle N?
Yes. If you don't have Pokeballs (iirc) you should lose on purpose to Reshiram and you'll be teleported to the Poke Center in the League so you could buy some. You'll be teleported back to where you left (reshiram) though so you don't have to worru about anything.

How to make a trade thread?
Everytime I go to the trading forums I go to a post and is says that you need an active trade thread to trade with that person. Im new to this so I need some help.
Also can some one explain the Redis to me?
Some say "I can trade, you cant", but that doesnt quite make it for me, does it mean that if I have a pokemon you want, you can trade me that pokemon, but I cant as for that pokemon?
Whats PokeShift?
If I used DPPTPokesav to save some of my pokes as .pkm files and I load them into a BWPokesav, will the pokemon count as legit or do I have to trade them and then save them?
Where can I go to see ALL of the event pokemon that have been given out of the years, even the GBA ones, and is there a place where I can check how much a pokemon is "worth"? I mean like a GBA event poke is worth more than a NDS event one, because the GBA events arent as easily redistributable(?) as NDS ones. Or am I wrong?
If I use the quick hatch AR cheat to hatch an egg, will it count as not legit? I remember that it counts as hacked, but Im seeing so many posts that have that and since Smogon is so harsh on cheating/hacking I was just hoping to get this cleared.
Thanks in advanced?

PokemonTrainerTez:

Redis question: Semi means the owner can trade it, then you can trade it, but the person you trade it to cannot trade it.
Fully Redis is, well, anyone can trade it to anyone else.
Non-redis means only the owner can trade it to you, and you cannot retrade it to others.

Event Pokes question: Serebii.net has a full event list. The worth depends on the individual's opinion though.

Fast Egg-hatch question: It is allowed, as it doesn't alter the Pokemon at all, it only saves you a lot of time.

I have a question.

Should trickroom Octillery have a physical attack (and full attack EV's?)

The current set is:

Octillery @ something
Quiet, Sniper 252 sp.att
Waterspout
Icebeam
Flamethrower
??????

Should I use a physical attack with 252 Attack EV's (if yes, which one?), or another special attack with 252 HP EV's (I was thinking energyball or chargebeam).

I have a question.

Should trickroom Octillery have a physical attack (and full attack EV's?)

The current set is:

Octillery @ something
Quiet, Sniper 252 sp.att
Waterspout
Icebeam
Flamethrower
??????

Should I use a physical attack with 252 Attack EV's (if yes, which one?), or another special attack with 252 HP EV's (I was thinking energyball or chargebeam).
HP EV's and Energy Ball, OR HP/Atk EV's with Bullet Seed (weak and unreliable, but since it has multiple chances to Crit, you can do a lot of damage with Sniper) to hit Water Absorb/Dry Skin Pokes. Rock Blast is fine too, but I think Ice/Fire already covers what Rock would hit SE..

Thanks. I'm wondering if it would be better to use Rest because you can get full heals if you switch out with Natural Cure. Problem is you lose the Cotton Guard boosts. I'll have to do some thinking on it.
Cloud Nine with Roost is probably better than Natural Cure with Rest, most of the time. Draco Meteor will hit much harder when Rock-types don't have the SpD boost, among other reasons. The one time I would consider Natural Cure/Rest would be on a Choice set. You obviously don't want Roost in that case, but a free Rest could be worth it. Plus, a Choice set will not usually be staying in long enough to abuse Cloud Nine that much.

But on your specially bulky Cotton Guard set, I would definitely go with Cloud Nine.

Is there any place I'm likely to find Build Advice/RMT/Strategies for putting together a Drizzle+Swift Swim team? My brother and I are going to face off with Drizzle vs. Drought just for fun, and I'm looking for info in building such a team, even though I know the combo is banned in regular competitive play.
You could just use the RMT forum and state that you play on the PO server; Drizzle + Swift Swim isn't banned there.

Does anyone know the exact chance of passing down Dreamworld abilities? Out of like 15 Poliwags, none of them had Swift Swim while being bred from a female Poliwag with Swift Swim and a Ditto.
You need to be breeding two Pokemon of the same species to pass down DW abilities. Male normal Poliwag/female DW Poliwag will give you DW eggs, but Ditto/female DW Poliwag will not.

I'm sure this has already been answered some where, but I can't find an answer for it so here goes:

I can understand why blaziken was moved to uber, and it really doesn't bother me that much, but why can't they just ban speed boost blaziken? Blaziken with blaze is just as useful as it was gen III and IV, I think it's a little unfair to have a pokemon moved to uber because of only one of its abilities.
They wanted less complex bans in this gen.

Did GF forget to run the Pokemon names through the translator software?

This gen Pokemon names are to me the worst and most Japanese orientated I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. Thoughts?

I enjoying adding my new bred HG pokes into my team and completing it with bagon. Pupitar etc band. Considering bumping out oshawott for my lake of rage gyarados..(I'm uptown the 6h badge roughly)

You need to be breeding two Pokemon of the same species to pass down DW abilities. Male normal Poliwag/female DW Poliwag will give you DW eggs, but Ditto/female DW Poliwag will not.
Thank you, that makes no sense (Then again, it's Gamefreak logic; why did I think that it would make sense?), but it does solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)