Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Sadly, I've found that wining Pokemon mini-games is a completely ineffective way of getting chicks.
Lol, could someone sig that

Anyways, how do we know new Dream World pokemon are coming out?
Do Nintendo announce it, or is it because someone saw it in the Dream World?

^The eeveelution better be involved, that's all I gotta say.

Also, i'm at like a 10:3 male/female ratio in the dream world. I have a feeling that it has to do with the score you get in the game because I got my females on the sky race, which I absolutely dominate. Although I haven't gotten any females from the find-a-poke one, which you can beat in like 5 seconds if you know what you're doing.

Stupid wailord game can blow me.

I don't even know what i'm doing this for because I already got most of the DW females i need off the GTS. All I need is the unreleased sableye.

Yes, I have that sometimes happen too, for the Ice Cream scoop I use the method displayed on youtube and nearly all the time get a female. However when i play find a pokemon I nearly always get a male (I suck at it)
I dominate sky race and wailord game too
But if this is true, would Abilities dominate over egg moves, or are they completely random?

I'm just waiting to unlock the next area the explore. But its soooo far away. Its like another 1000 points to go before I get it. Anyone know how points accumulate? I theorized that trading with other people via Share Shelf gave points.
Serebii says this:

Trade items with a friend - 1 point
Water (friend's) berries - 10 points
Harvest berries - 10 points
Complete mini-games on Island of Dreams - 10 - 30 points
Sending Pokemon from Dream World to your Entralink - 50 points

So I'm about to RNG for Zekrom, and I'm wondering what nature I want if I'm using a set of: Hone Claws, Bolt Strike, Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor. My original thought was Jolly, but then I thought that it might take away from Draco Meteor's usefulness too much, especially if I don't invest ant EVs in Sp. Att. Any input is appreciated.

I've only done Dream World twice now, and I'm already feeling like it's less headache and time to just try to get the really good ones from the GTS. I've managed to get Drought, Drizzle, Hustle Nidoran and Marvel Scale Dratini females with a minimal effort, well before they've been accessible in the states. I don't know, I'm just not having much fun with the Dream World at all, the only minigame that's still alright with me has been the Sky Race. Do the other courses have different minigames?

On a side note, shiny pokemon don't have a shiny sprite in the DW. Probably old news, but just tossing that out there.

Just started soft resetting for Victini
Trying to get Hasty as well, today I told my mum if she could get AR DSi for me when shes out shopping, if she gets it, then I can finnally start RNGing (I need to check IVs)
However I got a decent one here these are estimates coming from Serebii's IV Calculator

3/29/23/23/29/23 - Hasty

Keep or toss? (Not planning to use in Trade threads)

Serebii says this:

Trade items with a friend - 1 point
Water (friend's) berries - 10 points
Harvest berries - 10 points
Complete mini-games on Island of Dreams - 10 - 30 points
Sending Pokemon from Dream World to your Entralink - 50 points
Thanks for that. I searched for that on Serebii like 10 times too. Guess I didn't try the right keywords! ^_^'

breh

強いだね
How do you claim the eeveelution you won from the breakout game? The one in the Pokemon website?
You can't yet; it'll be available eventually.

Just started soft resetting for Victini
Trying to get Hasty as well, today I told my mum if she could get AR DSi for me when shes out shopping, if she gets it, then I can finnally start RNGing (I need to check IVs)
However I got a decent one here these are estimates coming from Serebii's IV Calculator

3/29/23/23/29/23 - Hasty

Keep or toss? (Not planning to use in Trade threads)
toss; just get a timid one with 31 speed iv; the rest is negligible.

For Zekrom, I guess Naive or Hasty. Max speed is most important, and if you want both offensive stats to be usable, you'll have to sacrifice some of one of the defenses.

As for myself, I've beaten both games and absolutely loved the story. For my Black playthrough, I had a team of Emboar/Carracosta/Excadrill/Sigilyph/Sawsbuck/Cryogonal. A pretty solid team, though Cryogonal was underwhelming (I only kept it because it was a 1% encounter and had a Modest nature). For White, I spent days playing through the game because I raised 18 guys, including a Deino, Bisharp, and the Larvesta from the egg. It was extremely frustrating, but it was well worth it because I got to see how good they all were.

The one thing I dislike the most about the new game is breeding. You can no longer save and lock in the ability and nature of the egg, and the game really took advantage of that the other day. I was breeding for an Adamant Guts Timburr with Mach Punch and Drain Punch and got an Adamant one with 31/31/31/x/28/31. Naturally it had Sheer Force. I did eventually get a Guts one with 31/31/21/x/31/17, so it's okay I guess.

Wow, sorry for the extremely long post. I just learned an hour ago how to successfully post stuff on here because my screen reader seems to screw with me when it comes to typing stuff on web pages, and double posting breaks the rules.

breh

強いだね
you were never able to lock abilities. You can still lock nature with everstone.

Edit: misunderstood; thought you meant by breeding, not before collecting the egg lol

My white forest has no grass, is anyone else also experienced this, I haven't used Entralink to "cross" over to other games, just entree forest to get the DW Pokemon.

Same here :/

I was surprised because I got my Snivy on 29th March, I finished the game 3 days ago, and White Forest was empty. Prolly a glitch.

Did you do Dream World pre-E4? I think that may have caused the problem...

I don't remember, but it is a possibility. Can I fix it besides what serebii mentions about entralinking with black city, since I currently don't have a physically near friend with Black :/.

Also, my friend who has White, is experiencing the same problem, but he says before there was grass and he caught many Pokemon.

I'm guessing Dream World is the "glitch" in regard to the forest, not sure though. I just hope I can "fix" it.

I dunno, but I don't think 18 days is enough for White Forest to empty by itself. My sister also does Dream World, and her Black City is empty as well. :/ My JP White, which has never been Global Link'd, has a flowering White Forest full of mons.

I think Nintendo needs to give us an explanation...

On serebii they mention they empty if you mess with clock too much, and this can be fixed by entralinking with opposite game, but how could this relate not sure, and I can't currently entralink with an opposite game, no one I know is physically near me to do so.

It says in the official guide that the amount of people in your WF/BC is based on how long it took to reach it from when you started the game. I don't know what that means, though.

The one thing I dislike the most about the new game is breeding. You can no longer save and lock in the ability and nature of the egg, and the game really took advantage of that the other day. I was breeding for an Adamant Guts Timburr with Mach Punch and Drain Punch and got an Adamant one with 31/31/31/x/28/31.
Why did you bother checking the ivs if it had sheer force?

I personally love breeding in gen V. This brood is by far my most successful. I hatched a deino that was three IV points from being flawless with no hacking or RNGing whatsoever.

It's the IV judge. He makes it possible to not waste your time checking the IVs of every correctly natured and abilitied pokemon you hatch; you can instantly weed out the crap. It only takes me about three days average to hatch a competion-quality pokemon (although it took me a good week for whimsicott and Zoroark is currently being a huge bitch).

I personally love breeding in gen V. This brood is by far my most successful. I hatched a deino that was three IV points from being flawless with no hacking or RNGing whatsoever.

It's the IV judge. He makes it possible to not waste your time checking the IVs of every correctly natured and abilitied pokemon you hatch; you can instantly weed out the crap. It only takes me about three days average to hatch a competion-quality pokemon (although it took me a good week for whimsicott and Zoroark is currently being a huge bitch).
Lol, you have more patience than me. I don't have enough breeding patience to last a whole 18 hours. I'd be thankful if I got a 31/28/12/28/12/15 Lickitung XD

I also don't know about the White Forest. I never played with the clock, and my White Forest is near empty. It's even more fucked up when there's no one with the opposite game to help.

Eh, at least a pokemon with the wrong ability can make a decent parent, especially if it's male, can be used for other species...

My female, jolly 31/31/31/31/31/29 Solosis can't even boast that. Heck, she couldn't even be a good parent, as I was breeding with Masuda method (settled for a 29/30/31/31/31/5 Modest).

So, I think I managed to find the best trade ever on the GTS. Managed to find a Jolly, 31/31/24/x/24/31 female Gible (with Outrage) for...a Patrat. Seriously.
give me the OT and stuff for it, i did that a couple of times to clean out my boxes (thought it was a waste to simply release any decent pokemon :P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)