Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a general question. Was browsing through wifi trade forum and I saw alot of legit perfect IV pokemon with appropiate Natures/HP . How do people get them? Breeding have ridiculous odds, I have problem breeding a poke with 3 perfect IV, let alone 6. Is RNG-ing the only way?
Breeding a hex-flawless Pokémon using power items, everstones, etc. isn't completely absurd if you have mostly flawless parents (you use a random Pokémon to breed one with one flawless IV, then two, then three, etc), but it's still pretty unlikely; the chance is high enough, though, that people prepared to sit and hatch thousands of eggs will likely get it eventually.

RNGing, on the other hand, is pretty easy, especially in 5th Gen. On HGSS, I could, with practice, RNG a Pokémon with competitively viable IVs (31s in every stat I cared about, or an appropriate hidden power) within about an hour. On Black and White, it takes about five minutes on an original DS or DS Lite, so it's worth learning if you want a competitive Pokémon.

Breeding a hex-flawless Pokémon using power items, everstones, etc. isn't completely absurd if you have mostly flawless parents (you use a random Pokémon to breed one with one flawless IV, then two, then three, etc), but it's still pretty unlikely; the chance is high enough, though, that people prepared to sit and hatch thousands of eggs will likely get it eventually.

RNGing, on the other hand, is pretty easy, especially in 5th Gen. On HGSS, I could, with practice, RNG a Pokémon with competitively viable IVs (31s in every stat I cared about, or an appropriate hidden power) within about an hour. On Black and White, it takes about five minutes on an original DS or DS Lite, so it's worth learning if you want a competitive Pokémon.
Could you explain this process of RNGing? Im kinda confused, and if it only takes about 5 minutes to get good IV's/HP I would really like to know that.

1. if you defeat the opponent's last Pokemon with a recoil move, and the recoil makes your own last Pokemon faint... which player would the game count as winning?

2. What happens if Trick Room and Tailwind are both in effect? I'm confused because Tailwind doesn't count as a stat boost.

@Tawnnes;
Things like that really depend on your team make up/build. That aside it's not the worst idea one can act as a back up sweeper on the off chance your first one fails or is shut down.

However it wouldn't make much sense to have say, two physical sweepers or two special sweepers it makes more sense, that if you are running two you have one of each.

1. if you defeat the opponent's last Pokemon with a recoil move, and the recoil makes your own last Pokemon faint... which player would the game count as winning?

2. What happens if Trick Room and Tailwind are both in effect? I'm confused because Tailwind doesn't count as a stat boost.
1-Draw. In the batle subway it is considered opponent's victory, though.

2-The poke with original less speed move first under trick room, since the tailwind gives a +2 equivalent to the members of the team.

Is it bad to have 2 set-up sweepers in your team?
It depends heavily on the team, but in general it shouldn't matter.
Just think in SD excadrill alongside rock polish landlos in a Sand Storm team as an example; is not necessarily bad.

Is it bad to have 2 set-up sweepers in your team?
Yes and no... It really depends on your team makeup. I would say dont have 2 boosting physical /special sweepers though... One of each... You may want to incorporate some sort of status move in there like paraylsis or confusion or sleep to give youself more opportunites to set up.

EDIT: ninja'd

No one answered my question earlier.... How do you become eligible to participate in smogon tournies?

EDIT: Another question... I have been playing this game the legit way since the beginning. I find most people who play use hacks or other channels to play and battle. What are the primary ways to hack pokemon, and how do they work? Is there software that I would need to DL to my PC to be able to do these? How is it possible to clone pokemon in gen 5? How are people battling with each other but not using wifi or infared?

Thanks for all your answer people. Conkeldurr Reuniclus FTW ^^
Status using eh? gotta think of a good poké for it

EDIT: removed the hacks answer ^^

And my question: What would be a good lead? Whimsicott?

A good moveset and EV spread for a Jolly Poison Heal Gliscor?
Preferrably something with Fling, Earthquake and Acrobatics or something?

No one answered my question earlier.... How do you become eligible to participate in smogon tournies?

EDIT: Another question... I have been playing this game the legit way since the beginning. I find most people who play use hacks or other channels to play and battle. What are the primary ways to hack pokemon, and how do they work? Is there software that I would need to DL to my PC to be able to do these? How is it possible to clone pokemon in gen 5? How are people battling with each other but not using wifi or infared?
In the smogon community main site you will see a Tournament subforums, right bellow ruins of alph. There is also a brief explanation on-site: http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/

For the other question we don't discuss hacks here, nor how to do it. If it's a must google for it.

Azure Demon

1. It is a draw but if self KO clause in effect the person whose pokemon was hit with the move (not the user of the move) would win.

2. Tail wind does count as a stat boost as it double all of your pokemon's speed so the team with tail wind up will be faster so it will be slower in trick room.

In the smogon community main site you will see a Tournament subforums, right bellow ruins of alph. There is also a brief explanation on-site: http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/

For the other question we don't discuss hacks here, nor how to do it. If it's a must google for it.

Ah... I see... thank you for the answer to the tournies. In regards to hacks, I think that is a little wierd. We discuss everything else here that is a major factor in pokemon. For instance, I am sure each and every question someone has on this forum can easily be answered by a source on google as well. I guess Smogon wants to be politically correct? Even though the vast mojority of the people I play on this website's wifi are hacking? I dont get that at all. It is not a must for me I have put in hours and hours of play time to breed. I just thought this was the right place to "ask a simple question" being that I am curious.

Okay, here is the deal:

Using roms is a illegal thing, is piracy in the strict sense. If smogon site opened discussion, it would be a indirect incentive to the practice.(or at the very least free advertise)

Also this is a competitive community, if you use AR codes is not exactly pokemon you are playing, there it is another reason to not be allowed.

Of course, as Mod. Expert Evan says on the wi-fi forums rules:

Cloning/Hacking/AR/Pokesav/Emulators

The use of some AR codes can get you banned, although we recognize that certain codes are an integral part of the community.
Here is the link for wi-fi rules.

It would be impratical to ban every single user that decided to use hacks of some sort, it would be dictatorial. But as i said before, if is a must you can do it as long as you: TELL EVERYONE THAT YOU DO, that why people usually put things like: "i legal hack" on their signatures, but any discussion is forbbidden.

So is something that everyone CAN use but should not have any incentive or discussion, about this talks Aeolus too:
Do not post illegal stuff here! This includes links to ROMs, warez, or anything of the sort. If it's illegal, do not link to it here.
To Aeolus post: rules of smogon.

Note that the legal hacks is only for battling, you never ,ever, trade any hacks with anyone.

All things considered, i guess is something you simply shouldn't do.

Finally, this topic should end here.

Are IVs and natures for in game trade mons like Rotom random for each try, dependent on the IVs and nature of your trade (Ditto) or just based on some other factor?

WELL , im NOT going to post spam XD
Then , the question would be, Do the people that DONT play on simulators care about perfect iv breeding ????????

WELL , im NOT going to post spam XD
Then , the question would be, Do the people that DONT play on simulators care about perfect iv breeding ????????
I dont play on simulators, and I iv breed all my competitive pokes. I breed to a standard of making sure that each poke has @ least three of the primary stats I would want it to have @ 31, but it would take forever to get a perfect 31 iv spread. I am smashing through teams with all hacked all perfect iv pokes. It isnt exactly essential to your success to have pefectly iv'd pokes in my opinion.

I saved while my Thundurus was out roaming, so I can't RNG him in my White cart's present state. Should I restart the game and play through it again (7-9 hours) or just use a rebattle legends code to get a shot at him again in the same file?

Note: The White cart in question is a spare I got as a present, so I'm not losing 300+ hours if I reset it.

I saved while my Thundurus was out roaming, so I can't RNG him in my White cart's present state. Should I restart the game and play through it again (7-9 hours) or just use a rebattle legends code to get a shot at him again in the same file?

Note: The White cart in question is a spare I got as a present, so I'm not losing 300+ hours if I reset it.
Just use a rebattle code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)