Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DankDawson

If you run Heatran give it an air balloon. That negates the ground weakness (well for at least one turn) giving you a free switch in or instead take a Gliscor. I pair my SpD Jirachi with Balloon Heatran, Gengar and a Storm drain Gastradon. They seem to work well together but I am still working out the rest of the team.

Should I feel bad for my opponents for using Shell Smash Baton Pass Gorebyss combined with Victini and Kyurem in UU?

I generally dislike people who use cheap stuff like that, but actually, the team is a past OU team, just modified a bit. That's why I thought it could do.....

I know most of you are going to say you play to win, but I don't like winning in a cheap way.

Also, something completely different. How many times can you change your username on these forums (per year?)

To the dude above me, I know that if I fought you and saw that, I'd probably be like "well, here's to another crappy match; woo for losing". I couldn't even be upset about it, I'd just know what was about to happen and let it.A quick question though. I'm trying to build a mono-ground trickroom team, and the wildcard I have is Bronzong, to cover for the huge Ice/Grass weakness(slowbro wouldn't help much due to keeping the grass weakness). I'm just a bit curious, I feel like I should still expect most ice-type attacks to come in the form of ice-beam off bulky waters. Would charge beam be a good move on Bronzong? I feel like it's base power isn't good enough, even with boosts, to be used without stab, but grass knot is the only other anti-water I can find, and I always assume it's really unreliable (see: vaporeon). I'm completely unsure what this Bronzong should be running, besides Trick Room. Maybe Gyro Ball, woo, but what else?

A quick question though. I'm trying to build a mono-ground trickroom team, and the wildcard I have is Bronzong, to cover for the huge Ice/Grass weakness(slowbro wouldn't help much due to keeping the grass weakness). I'm just a bit curious, I feel like I should still expect most ice-type attacks to come in the form of ice-beam off bulky waters. Would charge beam be a good move on Bronzong? I feel like it's base power isn't good enough, even with boosts, to be used without stab, but grass knot is the only other anti-water I can find, and I always assume it's really unreliable (see: vaporeon). I'm completely unsure what this Bronzong should be running, besides Trick Room. Maybe Gyro Ball, woo, but what else?
You could try Hidden Power Grass/Electric to try to counter those bulky waters, but has only 76 base Special Attack, so it might not do much. You could also try a Charge Beam/Hidden Power combo, but it seems a bit gimmicky. As for the rest of the set, some support options you have are Stealth Rock, both Screens and Hypnosis. Offensively, you have Explosion, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt and Rock Slide beside Gyro Ball. It also has some special moves, like Psychic, Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon and Signal Beam. I haven't actually used Bronzong, though, just to warn you.

Bahh. I want to use Bronzong, but it has too many options, and none stand out! I'd like to use it as a dual-screener, but that means it's only attack is 5-8 PP gyro ball(Which waters resist); and turn-count is already of the essence due to trick room, it would be a pain to try and get both screens and TR up, and still expect a poke to switch into that effectively. I've already got a stealth-rocker in the other trick-roomer Claydol. Thanks for the advice though, I'll see what other people say and try and figure out what to run.

is there a thread all about dream world? I've been lame and not keeping up about stuff and I need a lot of dream world help. =X

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Questions About Cresselia:

A) Psycho Shift
~ Does it go through subs?
~ Does it also swap temporary status such as Confusion?

B) Lunar Dance
~ What is the difference between Lunar Dance and Healing Wish?

Sensei Bobbilytus said:
A quick question though. I'm trying to build a mono-ground trickroom team, and the wildcard I have is Bronzong, to cover for the huge Ice/Grass weakness(slowbro wouldn't help much due to keeping the grass weakness). I'm just a bit curious, I feel like I should still expect most ice-type attacks to come in the form of ice-beam off bulky waters. Would charge beam be a good move on Bronzong? I feel like it's base power isn't good enough, even with boosts, to be used without stab, but grass knot is the only other anti-water I can find, and I always assume it's really unreliable (see: vaporeon). I'm completely unsure what this Bronzong should be running, besides Trick Room. Maybe Gyro Ball, woo, but what else?
I would definitely use Hypnosis to shut down Water mons and to safely set up TR and bring out your Ground Pokemon. One of your Ground Pokemon should be Torterra, since its STAB Woodhammer would come in real handy. However, a powerful EQ from Rhyperior or Marowak would also dispatch them. You may also want Quagsire...although not an offensive behemoth, you may need it to counter Taunt Gyarados that would shut down your Bronzong. Scald / Counter / Stone-Edge should do the trick. Taunt Jellicent would be a tough one to beat, though. Mental Herb on Bronzong might help, but timing is key.

Pocket:

Psycho Shift: No, status problems can't be inflicted on a Pokemon with a substitute. Confusion is not a "status problem", so it can't affect confusion and similar effects.

The difference between Lunar Dance and Healing Wish is that with Lunar Dance, unlike Healing Wish, the Pokemon that replaces the user also recovers all PP.

Even for vgc?
VGCs give your cartridges hack checks, so my theory is that unless you hacked on a different cartridge, transferred them, and did an incredible job hacking them, you'll be okay. But I wouldn't even try using hacked Pokémon in the VGCs because if they detect anything hacked you are immediately disqualified

2 questions:

Which Uber and non-Uber Pokémon has the strongest Aerial Ace? And is there a stronger Magnet Bomb, Faint Attack, Shadow Punch, or Vital Throw in the Uber or non-Uber category?

If I was using a Rampardos with only one attack, would it be better to use Sheer Force? Also, does Sheer Force boost Smack Down?

VGCs give your cartridges hack checks, so my theory is that unless you hacked on a different cartridge, transferred them, and did an incredible job hacking them, you'll be okay. But I wouldn't even try using hacked Pokémon in the VGCs because if they detect anything hacked you are immediately disqualified

2 questions:

Which Uber and non-Uber Pokémon has the strongest Aerial Ace? And is there a stronger Magnet Bomb, Faint Attack, Shadow Punch, or Vital Throw in the Uber or non-Uber category?

If I was using a Rampardos with only one attack, would it be better to use Sheer Force? Also, does Sheer Force boost Smack Down?
The strongest Arial ace is on technitian scyther.
Faint attack is outclasses by night slash, but weavile has to be the best one.
Magnet bomb is only learned by magnezone, probopass, and genesect so genesect is its best user, though not recommended.
Vital throw is machamp, pinsir, throh, mienshao, and hariyama so imma say hariyama or throh because its slower. Machamp already has no guard, but if you are using guts, then...
Finally, Sheer force does not strengthen smack down, but it strengthens rock slide. also zen headbutt. But mold breakers better because it is legal with so much more moves such as superpower, curse, elemental punches, avalanche, outrage, heck even painsplit. Yes people, ramparados gets pain split. But i guess sheer force is usable and with one attack i recommend rock slide.

@DankDawson

If you run Heatran give it an air balloon. That negates the ground weakness (well for at least one turn) giving you a free switch in or instead take a Gliscor. I pair my SpD Jirachi with Balloon Heatran, Gengar and a Storm drain Gastradon. They seem to work well together but I am still working out the rest of the team.
Thanks for the response. Gliscor might not be so great because I already have Salamence (x4 weakness to Ice), and I don't want two of my pokes scared to death of Ice moves. But then again, a lot of OU teams currently run Garchomp and Gliscor on the same team. And Gliscor does check a lot of powerful threats, especially Garchomp, which Salamence and Jirachi struggle against. So the best partners I can think of for Specially Defensive Jirachi and DD Salamence are Heatran and Ferrothorn. I'm thinking Heatran personally. Checks more things that Jirachi and Salamence have trouble with. Thoughts? (I'm open to suggestions other then Heatran and Ferrothorn btw)

I want to create a competitive UU Houndoom for B/W. I understand all of the different aspects to it: getting the right nature, IV's, EV's, etc. But i do not know the process to get a popular suggested moveset of (Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, and Flame Burst). I've been told that Dark Pulse can only be obtained for houndoom from D/P/Pt. So how do I get a houndoom with Dark Pulse in my Black game then? Also, what is the exact process to go about getting the other three moves to obtain the four moveset mentioned above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)