Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Most event Pokémon from Dream World are male only; Pokémon you encounter through regular Dream World or Pokémon Café can be either gender.

Im asking this because i got a female and a male tangela, and from what i heard, all pokes from dw have a fixed gender. can every pokemon caught in the dw be male and female? or is it just certain pokes that can be both genders?
No, it's DW Event Pokemon that have fixed genders. Most (all that aren't gender-specific, to the best of my knowledge) Pokemon encountered in the DW normally can be either gender.

Edit: Ninja'd

When you use the poke transfer lab, what does it say for the "met" field on the transferred pokemon?

I'm asking since someone traded me a Latios that I'm unable to use on Wifi. It says:

Met:
Lv. 35
Johto

It is supposedly from SoulSilver

Thanks!
Wi-fi as in random matchup? I think latios is banned, like most legendaries.

Wi-fi as in random matchup? I think latios is banned, like most legendaries.
I'm pretty sure the game won't even let you enter the WiFi room if you have a prohibited pokemon. I think only Soul Dew Latios/Latias are banned from random WiFi according to the rules the NPC tells you. The > 100 average stats legendaries are banned + Manaphy

Can anyone find or give me the link to smogons calculator to find the maximum defensiveness evs for a pokemon. Apparently it exists, somewhere, but I can not find it.

What are some good examples of Pokemon for weather set up (let's say all weathers) that aren't auto-starters?
Fast candidates
Sand: Dugtrio
Hail: Weavile
Rain: Accelgor
Sun: Whimsicott

Bulky candidates
Sand: Aggron
Hail: Articuno (may not really be bulky, but compared to other Hail users...plus it gets Roost)
Rain: Slowbro
Sun: Vespiquen

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What are some good examples of Pokemon for weather set up (let's say all weathers) that aren't auto-starters?
Scizor and Bronzong are good to set up rain through out the match and the genies make good leads too since its almost impossible to taunt them.

Sand and hail aren't really worth to set-up manually, though Hail can be nice to fuck up an opposing weather team when their weather poke is gone and can be set-up by alot of pokes tentacruel stands out since its pretty fast and can switch in on a lot rain and sun pokes (Scarf altaria with cloud nine is cool too, but it often proves to be dead weight other wise).

Setting up Sun without ninetails is stupid (because sun has no nerf like rain with an auto-starter), but its always good too have another poke that can set it up like venusaur who also benefits from sun. chansey/Blissey can also do this quite well.

Is there a way to make Black City residents leave? Time travel seems not to do anything (thank god, or RNGing would make the city deserted every time)... so what if I get to 10 and only want 2 of them gone? Just spend weeks NOT battling those two?
Should probably clarify my own question here: Ideally, an elegant way that doesn't involve lots of small-scale time travel to 11:57 PM and talking to only two guys.

Failing that, I can empty the whole place out, I bought enough evolution stones of the varieties that it currently sells...

I was thinking of using a gimmicky eviolite Shelmet, and thought I could use Guard Split to raise it's low Sp Defense. Does Guard Split split the eviolite boost to? Like, will the game calculate Shelmet's defenses with eviolite boost or without?

Noting that Eviolite Shelmet is terrible, but no. Eviolite is a separate boost and is not affected by Guard Split.
55 HP and 65 Sp Defense makes "terrible" an overstatement. But seeing Frillish with 55/50/85 defenses in the RU tier as opposed to NFE, and the fact that I have been using Acid Armor Duosion with Eviolite with amazing success makes me want to try it. thx

What is the absolute earliest you can get to the ice path in Heartgold/Soulsilver? I'm sure you can get there before you completely clear out the radiotower of rockets but im not sure.

What is the absolute earliest you can get to the ice path in Heartgold/Soulsilver? I'm sure you can get there before you completely clear out the radiotower of rockets but im not sure.
you go to ice path as soon as you figure out the mystery of the lake of rage.. and for future refrence... theres another forum server called ruins of alph use that not the dragonspiral tower...

i have a salamence... it has a move list of draco meteor, earthquake, thunder fang, amd fire blast. should i replace a move and if so what?

Ok, im new here.. so please put up with my questions..
Where do i see the list of pokes which are allowed in uu..
What does laddering actually mean?How do i do it?
Whenever i go to the smogon serever(edit : on po), i get this statement..
Your client version (1.0.21) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.20).
Whats up with that?
Thank u for reading..:-)

i have a salamence... it has a move list of draco meteor, earthquake, thunder fang, amd fire blast. should i replace a move and if so what?
spread?

What happens if I use Guard Split on an Eviolite user? Does it average the stats with or without the eviolite?

Does Wide Lens increase the critical hit ratio on moves with already 100% acc, because my Volcarona manged to get 3 crits in a row with fiery dance holding wide lens?

Does Wide Lens increase the critical hit ratio on moves with already 100% acc, because my Volcarona manged to get 3 crits in a row with fiery dance holding wide lens?
no you probably just got lucky. wide lens makes 100% hit moves hit in sand veil, though

I just ran into and caught a shiny Latias in Heart Gold. My question is, if I grab the save data and edit its stats/nature on Pokesav, would an official tournament by Nintendo (say, VGC) with their Pokemon checkers be able to tell that its been edited as long as I keep its stats legit? I'm worried that changing its hex values etc. will set off some sort of flag, but I would love to be able to use this thing competitively.
Reposting. I did a little bit of research and found out that the shiny factor is dependant on the Pokemon's nature- if I change Latias' nature to Timid (from Hasty) I'll have to change a bunch of other stuff, but I think I'll be able to still keep it legal. So the question remains: Would I be able to get past a hack check, or would they be able to detect that it's been modified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)