Strikeout Tournament - Black/White edition (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Tournament rules
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Strikeout Tournament - Black/White Edition

The Black/White metagame is still relatively young, and has already seen several Pokémon receiving the ban hammer. How will your teambuilding skills fare in an environment where the banlist grows larger each round?

As many of you probably know, a Strikeout Tournament revolves around a progressively larger banlist which force people to adapt their teams to the everchanging banlist. Each round, a player may issue a strikeout - that is, they can PM me the name of a Pokémon of their choice which the opponent won't be able to use for the round. Once I get both strikeouts, I send them to the respective players and ask them to reply with their teams (I only need to know the name of the Pokémon used because I need to know the usage statistics of the tournament battles, I'll explain below).​

Moreover, every round two Pokémon will be globally banned. These two Pokémon are:
- The most used Pokémon of the last round
- The Pokémon who had been "struck out" most​

None of the participants will be able to use these Pokémon for the remaining rounds. The list is cumulative, so every round two additional Pokémon will be banned.​

So, to sum up the rules:​

Tournament Rules:

• Tier: Black/White OU​
  • Singles​
  • Single Elimination​
  • Players can't use the Pokémon which is selected as the strikeout by their respective opponents​
  • Players can't use any Pokémon from the global banlist​
Standard Rules:
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Wi-fi Clause
Banned Pokémon for Round 3 stats

With 6 Strikeouts received, Reuniclus will be banned for this and the future rounds.
Having showed on 6 teams, Latios will be banned for this and the future rounds.

Global Banlist

Latios
Ninetales
Politoed
Reuniclus
Scizor
Tyranitar

Any battler who doesn't send me their teams by the deadline is automatically disqualified, whether they won or lost. You're warned.

Round 4 match ups (people who sent strikeout in blue, winners are bolded)

purplefingers vs Heist
Limitless vs toshimelonhead
ENZ0 vs tophway
Go10 vs Iconic
Franky vs AlphaJolt
Yondie vs Reachzero

Deadline for sending in strikeouts is June 16th, 11:59 AM. If you do not send in your strikeout by that time and your opponent did, you are disqualified - even if this means disqualifying both the battlers.

Deadline for battling is July 23rd, 11:59 AM. Again, even if you win the battle, if you don't PM me your team by then, you are disqualified.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Beat limitless with some serious hax involved on my side. Considered forfeiting but decided against it at the last minute. Sorry :(

Note: That match in no way shape or form counts for the Battle Frontier.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Reachzero and I had a time set up for wednseday but he never showed up. Haven't seen him on IRC since. Trying to get this done, but I'm going away after tomorrow.

activity post.

edit: was on all night waiting and dropped a vm, no response. I won't be able to get this done for a significant amount of days now.

@Yondie, Reachzero, ENZ0 and tophway: I will grant 2 days of extension, so if you can manage to do so, complete your matches. However, I checked your VMs so I'm not unaware of what's going on.

yond

mitt game strong
No Comp acess only smartphone cannot get matxh done after friday like i sad so irk. Sent reach and vm looked for him on irc after he missed our schedule time etck

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What scheduled time? I've messaged you several times on IRC this week, but you've always been afk, and honestly, the nature of my job makes weekends terrible times to play.

yond

mitt game strong
The one time we talked we had set up to play a few hours later and when I got on you weren't here and I couldnt find you on irc after tht

Ok, round 4 is finished, round 5 will be up soon.

As for the not played battles,

Yondie is advancing due to activity
tophway is advancing because of ENZ0's DQ.

EDIT: @Tomahawk: ENZ0 has been DQed because he used a Pokémon which was in the banlist of this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)