Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd, it's so annoying to be playing Free Rating and having them d/c. I understand people disconnecting on Ranked Matches but it's absolutely pointless in Free Rating.

I'll only DC on certain things. Like once I was messing around with a bulky Machamp which I accidentally gave a Choice Band to. I decided fuck it, and d/c'd.

I just did something retarded and accidentally disconnected by walking out of range in a battle I had clearly won(i had ferrothorn, darmanitan, and togekiss and my opponent had jellicent and ferrothorn)

Yeah, it was in place, but unfortunately it rather affects those with unavoidably unstable connections than those who disconnect intentionally and maliciously. That's my understanding, anyway.

Yeah, it was in place, but unfortunately it rather affects those with unavoidably unstable connections than those who disconnect intentionally and maliciously. That's my understanding, anyway.
Not really, "To provide reliable battle conditions for all" is just a euphemism for "To keep people from cheating".

Not to mention that there's no way Nintendo can tell the difference between bad connections and intentional D/C's anyway.

The problem is that they can't really disqualify 90% of the entire playerbase, since I doubt Nintendo expected this kind of thing to happen to this extent.

Funny story: I got my 666th official win yesterday, and since then, I've had 6 D/Cs straight. I can't leave this damned score. I've got devilish bad luck or something. What the hell is going on?

>.>

It occured to me just now that my opponents might be D/Cing just so that I stay at that score.

really awful DC is, but at one side, you find it really hard to find an opponent at rating mode, and after waited for a long time if you win your opponent got DC, but if you loss and accept your losing you don't have a chance to fix your score, how dilemmatyc that was, it's awful, you've been played for 4 5 hours and you only found 2 opponent and they both DC,, how to fix that? are every body also have to waited for so long to find opponent?

btw, how do you know if you are banned from the GBU?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
solution: play every battle attempting to almost lose, then win at the last moment so that your opponent fails to D/C out of pure shock.

This gets really annoying. I however made a commitment that I shall not disconnect even in a loss. Besides it help my team show where it can be improved and also helps me come up with new strategies.

solution: play every battle attempting to almost lose, then win at the last moment so that your opponent fails to D/C out of pure shock.
I doubt that would work... unless you are being sarcastic?

Off topic: Do you guys know how to claim the season 1 trophy avatar?

It's supposed to appear on your list of avatars once "the ranking results are announced," according to the GL site. If you are 100% certain you were one of the hundred top OVERALL players, and do not have the trophy available at all, I'd contact them right away.

I couldn't find any results in the FAQs about persons unable to claim a trophy, which may be because with so few recipients the problem isn't considered worth answering or because it's just a mistake and not an actual issue. Are you entirely sure that you were within the top 100 count of all players who played in EVERY battle format? The trophy, according to the site at least, is not for people who just exceled in individual battle styles.

i've played it for about a month now and it seems everytime i get 2 quiver dances with volcarona and kill their whole team they dc just after the final kill ! so annoying

it also seems that japanese people are the worst for this

I played about 15 matches the other day and I didn't get one DC. I got some forfeits but not D/C. I thought nintendo actually made it that if you D/C it counts as a loss but I guess not.

Fallenskater you are so lucky! My national ranking has been falling like a ton of bricks... all thanks to those nasty D/Cs.

It's dissappointing that people D/C against my entire team of gimmicks. I have SpA Scizor, sweeping Skarmory, Throh/Sawk, CM Corsola and Masquerain, and beat a full OU team who D/C'ed. Oh well.

It's dissappointing that people D/C against my entire team of gimmicks. I have SpA Scizor, sweeping Skarmory, Throh/Sawk, CM Corsola and Masquerain, and beat a full OU team who D/C'ed. Oh well.
Some interesting gimmicks you have on your team. Props for using SpA Scizor.

Some interesting gimmicks you have on your team. Props for using SpA Scizor.
I love imagining how my opponent's face looks when they see Vacuum Wave instead of BP, Silver Wind instead of U-Turn, etc.

I've been wanting to replace Flash Cannon with Roost, as the healing is useful and Ominous Wind is necessary for Ghost-types. I dropped the Speed EV's and added them to HP, so it works much better now. I've wanted to find a Togekiss with Ancientpower, though, since I like those moves now (Silver/Ominous Wind on Scizor, Ancientpower on Corsola).

Other than a few cases where my opponent disconnects right when the battle starts, I don't mind if an opponent disconnects if only I hax him/her several times with critical hits, paralysis, burns, freezes and whatnot that causes me to win, because I would probably do the same out of sheer annoyance, though it has yet to happen. Other than that, no exceptions.

I have given up on rated battles now. I must have played over 30 matches and have only "won" 4, whilst having lost 3. However, on the free battles server(?), I have experienced only a few D/Cers. But, yeah, in rated battles, very few people are willing to accept their loss, or at least, that's what I have experienced.

What's the point of Free Mode? Bragging and testing? But for what? Ranking Match, right?
However, if there are less D/C'ers then I'm really willing to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)