International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm like 30 pts away from 1800 and then I'll take a break.

Beat Roy from Germany, Amoongoose Giga Drain Crit after his rock slide missed lol, gg

im in the 18xxs right now with 43-2 but wont be playing tomorrow and on sunday. the OT is BAVARIA from bavaria, germany ;) so far i won vs noxe because i had a bunch of hax and 1 of the losses was against a spaniard where i was the one haxed. cant remember the other loss. bulky terrakion is a major boss i must say :D

Wed night/all day Thurs: 5 d/c's

So far today: 8 d/c's

>_<

And my last 20 (or so) opponents have had a rating of 1600 or less.

im in the 18xxs right now with 43-2 but wont be playing tomorrow and on sunday. the OT is BAVARIA from bavaria, germany ;) so far i won vs noxe because i had a bunch of hax and 1 of the losses was against a spaniard where i was the one haxed. cant remember the other loss. bulky terrakion is a major boss i must say :D
I remember that match man, my jaw dropped at that game, but what can you do, it was still exciting. You were one of my earlier matches when the tournament started if I remember correctly.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Are you serious?

Leo from Spain you´re the worst piece of shit ever.

1641 guy that owns me with Amoonguss the whole time because I didn ´t teach one of my Pokémon a crucial move, but I managed an awesome comeback to turn around a hopeless battle to a 2-0 win. Guess what? As soon as his last Pokémon fainted... The connection with the other person has been lost

This was by far the best and most entertaining battle I had in the whole tournament. Those 10 minutes meant absolutely nothing, in the end. I think I´m done here.

I was at 1778 rating before and lost to a 1538 guy because of the worst team choice I´ve made in a long time. Did I disconnect? No, I took the loss like a man. You pussies that disconnect after losing battles, I wish I could punch each one of you in the face. You wouldn´t be grinning after that.

/end of rant

Battles played: 77 (day 1: 45, day 2: 32)
Battles completed: 59
Communication errors (mine): 2 (not DCs, all of them during/after battles I was winning/won)
Foe disconnects on purpose: 16 (day 1: 4/45, day 2: 12/32)
Record: 50-9 (should have been 67-9)
Current rating: 1766
Peak: 1778

The thing is, after such bad experience (12/32 DCs today, 11/12 of them were my wins and 1/12 was a straight up DC from a higher rating), people will think twice about participating in another tournament. And there I thought this was a great tournament idea and an amazing experience, but some people will always be dicks.

My blacklist:
Ash (Kuwait 1743)
Helena (US 1500)
Andrés (Spain 1484)
REDxACE (US 1486)
Jake (UK 1464)
Antoni (AUS 1488)
Leonard (US 1667)
J.Smith (n/a 1618)
Renka (Canada 1484)
Ricardo (Spain 1500)
Hilda (n/a 1553)
Tomas (Venezuela 1696)
Will (n/a 1393)
JACK (US 1613)
Jaime (Chile 1786)
Leo (Spain 1647)

tl;dr
My record: 50-9-16-2 (won-lost-foe DCs on purpose-my communication errors)
My rating: 1766

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Starting today from 1812:

Sergio from Madrid, Spain (1497): 4-0 Victory
Moe from None (1490): 4-1 Victory ***Disconnected***
Lorenzo from Ile-de-France, France (1563): 2-0 Victory
Adam from None (1678): 2-0 Victory
Kain from El Salvador (1583): 4-0 Victory
Jackson from None (1480): 3-0 Victory
Kay from North West England, UK (1647): 0-3 Loss
Juanlu from Andalusia, Spain (1510): 2-0 Victory
Angelho from Portugal (1491): 3-0 Victory
Ash from Missouri, USA (1328): 3-0 Victory
ALEX from Murcia, Spain (1451): 3-0 Victory
MAX from California, USA (1476): 4-0 Victory
Aleph from Mexico (1498): 4-0 Victory
Sam from British Columbia, Canada (1381): 3-0
Scryptr from Iowa, USA (1801): 2-0

Haha, I just got BSed extraordinarily hard (<@Synre> so i have thundurus and terrakion out against a paralyzed volcarona and musharna and theres no way i can lose, right
<@skarm> sure tehre is
<@skarm> this is pokemon
<@skarm> also I thrashed the Iowa guy
<@Synre> rock slide miss on volcarona, thunder wave on musharna, musharna trick rooms through paraflinch, heat wave burns terrakion and crits thundurus
* gec is now known as gecafk
<@skarm> :(
<@Synre> burn puts terra in psychic ko range next turn
<@Synre> i should have just dced on that one) and played it out, then came online and noticed it was someone on Peterko's list... probably would have DCed for real if I'd read it first, lol.

And for the record:
OT: David
Team: Thundurus, Landorus, Tornadus, Chandelure, Jellicent and Amoongus (all shiny).
I do believe I'm battling you right now. Good luck!

EDIT: Wow. That didn't take long. I was flattened.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Still seeing some really weird strategies from those Europeans. He leads Terrakion/Whimsicott, so I expect the obvious. Nope! Chuck TestaScarf Terrakion and LO Whimsicott. Not sure whether I could have won, because I never got a chance to attack after the first turn through all the flinches.

Still seeing some really weird strategies from those Europeans. He leads Terrakion/Whimsicott, so I expect the obvious. Nope! Chuck TestaScarf Terrakion and LO Whimsicott. Not sure whether I could have won, because I never got a chance to attack after the first turn through all the flinches.
Ya, i came across this guy and totally caught me off guard. I still won but it was pretty close. Came down to my conkledurr with about 20% HP left vs hydregion. Mach punch ftw!

Haha, Sapphire Birch was using that on Skarmbliss for a while just before US Nationals, I actually used the Whimsicott during Nationals because I was bored of the metagame and wanted to play with something I actually enjoyed using(but I used it with a different Scarfer because copying teams is for Deagle's legion).

Of course, now that we're not playing in an event that matters for anything, I....

I do believe I'm battling you right now. Good luck!

EDIT: Wow. That didn't take long. I was flattened.
That was me :) You're atleast the 3rd smogonite i've battled (others being jackos [I lost due to lack of full para >_< ] and lolfailsnail [I won]).

And I just had my first real DC happen, I was about to 3-0 this person from mexico with a 1600+ rating when "the connection with the other person has been lost" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT: @labarith below, you seem to be having really bad luck with DCers, i've had 29 battles and only 3 DCs (2 of them before the battle even started). And there are no prizes :(

Wed night/all day Thurs: 5 d/c's

So far today: 8 d/c's

>_<

And my last 20 (or so) opponents have had a rating of 1600 or less.
5 DCs? lucky. I had like 8 in the last 2 hours. I think I might have gotten TWO successful battles in today.

Question: What are the prizes? Is there any reason to keep playing this ^&*$*$*ing disaster?

There are no prizes. Probably partly due to the presence of the disconnect issue.
Well, this whole thing has been an utter disaster IMO.

I was pretty darned excited, too, but I can't take all the DCs and the cheating and the shit.

Now I have to wait 2 &*%^&*$ years for Generation 6 and hope they can pull of wifi play that punishes DCs and rewards those who have been DCed on.

It really wouldn't be that hard, either. They have all the info at the beginning of the round, if someone DCs... just give the other persn points. Wifi error in your favor, worst case scenario.

Next time one of the Mexican posters whine about the fact they have no VGC I'm going to remind them it's hard to DC IRL. I kind of imagine a Mexican VGC being a bunch of people throwing their opponent's DSes across the room at 4-0 and then like diving over tables and those roped barriers and shit to escape.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm dirk from Texas and (obviously) Alaka from Texas depending on which cart I'm playing on, lmk if we battle.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Well, this whole thing has been an utter disaster IMO.

I was pretty darned excited, too, but I can't take all the DCs and the cheating and the shit.

Now I have to wait 2 &*%^&*$ years for Generation 6 and hope they can pull of wifi play that punishes DCs and rewards those who have been DCed on.

It really wouldn't be that hard, either. They have all the info at the beginning of the round, if someone DCs... just give the other persn points. Wifi error in your favor, worst case scenario.
I think it would be a remake of Gen 3 next not Gen 6 so soon.

Lol, just played a Spanish guy that had a rating like 1927 iirc and won the match pretty close, eventhough he haxed. Guess what he did? .. Yeah, he disconnected.

Edit: I'm at 22-0 right now. Would be at like 30-0 if some guys wouldn't have disconnected.. Rating is just 1729.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)