5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
QC team doing work (updated)

Also since I hate writing posts with basically zero content I'll just take this opportunity to advertise the changes made to the index recently. We now have overall statistics, and you can search analyses by stage as well as by region or by OP (you could do that anyway using the tags but the index is clearly better)

Also I'm taking this opportunity to say that I'd really rather not have to go chasing after people who aren't writing their analyses or who have reserved stuff but not posted skeletons. So in light of our recent large batch of new copyediting analyses, forewarned is forearmed, as 'twere.

I guess ill try and reserve Alakazam(Focus Sash/Life Orb) sweeper set since i cant seem to find an analysis on it. Unless ofc im blind and cant see it/find it.

Well, I would argue tht the first set is abusing Alakazam's ability to force switches so tht Substitute can be used, which means that Focus Sash is kinda dead. The set i was thinking of posting is more of a revenge killer/possible late game sweeper where the set already on site is more of a late game sweeper/mid game attacker. THen again, this probably isnt the place to talk about this kinda stuff(unless im silly).

SOrry, but I'm going to have to unreserve feraligatr and Raikou. Sorry that I've wasted time but at least they're up for grabs now.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just been informed by Metal Bagon that he has to give up his Raikou revamp. Because of this, it is now available for reservation again. Please obtain permission from a C&C moderator if you wish to take up this analysis.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I was wondering if I could go ahead and start up a Victreebel OU analysis. Now before people start freaking out and say "Victreebel is shit! It is utterly outclassed by Venusaur!" I would like say that all of these people are ignorant and have either never used Victreebel before, or just plain didn't use it properly. First of all, Victreebel has superior Attack, which allows it to run a legitimate mixed sweeper set. Second of all, it has access to both Power Whip and Weather Ball. While it cannot run both moves on the same set, Venusaur cannot run either with Chlorophyll at all, in fact it can't run Weather Ball period. Finally, Victreebel has access to Sucker Punch. While Venusaur is complete trash outside of the sun, Victreebel can prove useful for finishing off a Latias/ Latios/ Starmie.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I was wondering if I could go ahead and start up a Victreebel OU analysis. Now before people start freaking out and say "Victreebel is shit! It is utterly outclassed by Venusaur!" I would like say that all of these people are ignorant and have either never used Victreebel before, or just plain didn't use it properly. First of all, Victreebel has superior Attack, which allows it to run a legitimate mixed sweeper set. Second of all, it has access to both Power Whip and Weather Ball. While it cannot run both moves on the same set, Venusaur cannot run either with Chlorophyll at all, in fact it can't run Weather Ball period. Finally, Victreebel has access to Sucker Punch. While Venusaur is complete trash outside of the sun, Victreebel can prove useful for finishing off a Latias/ Latios/ Starmie.
By all means, just go make a thread and explain why Victreebel's awesome in the metagame. Right now.

Oh, and as a reminder, Victreebel was never directly approved or rejected by early QC, so this is your chance to prove its viability.

Can i reserve All out attacker shiftry even though my analysis hasnt been completed(due to the absence of QC members)?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Can i reserve All out attacker shiftry even though my analysis hasnt been completed(due to the absence of QC members)?
There's no limit to the number you can have active at any one time... so long as you know you'll be able to complete them all.

Gonna unreserve all out attacker Shiftry because after hours of testing, I realized it isnt as great as I thought it was.

Reserving Dual Screening Azelf!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A similar Conkeldurr set has been rejected recently, so make sure to elaborate on how this plays differently from the Bulk Up set.

Applying again for Feraligatr.

Before the "Wait for Sheer Force" madness begins, let me put this straight: I don't care about Sheer Force. The main point in favor of using Feraligatr is actually abusing Torrent, among with what else it can offer. The set I'm vouching for is:

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Aqua Jet
move 3: Superpower
move 4: Crunch
item: Life Orb
ability: Torrent
nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Before starting to talk about how it works, I'll give you some damage calculations, to give you an idea of the power it packs:

+2 Aqua Jet (Rain, Torrent) versus:

252 HP / 80 Def Bronzong: 87.28% - 102.96%
120 HP/ 0 Def Conkeldurr: 98.69% - 116.54%
0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: (no Multiscale) 60.75% - 71.34%
36 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 65.23% - 76.82%
80 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 99.72% - 117.45%
4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 71.52% - 84.44%
36 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 110.69% - 130.34%
192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 101.47% - 119.80%
4 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 69.83% - 82.64%
252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 104.65% - 123.26%
252 HP / 232 Impish Skarmory: 61.98% - 73.05%
252 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 81.14% - 95.51%
4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 78.24% - 92.37%
4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 72.53% - 85.49%

+ 3 Aqua Jet (Rain, Torrent) vs

56 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 79.42% - 93.62%
0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 81.57% - 96.07%

+ 2 Crunch vs

248 HP / 216 Def Bold Jellicent: 99.26% - 117.12%
252 HP / 252 Def Bold Reuniclus: 87.26% - 102.83%

+ 2 Superpower vs

252 HP / 252 Def Bold Eviolite Chansey: 120.74% - 142.05%
252 HP / 88 Def Relaxed Ferrothorn: 122.16% - 144.32%
252 HP / 0 Def Gastrodon: 103.29% - 121.60%

Oh, and for revenge killing purposes... +0 Aqua Jet (Rain) vs

0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 82.76% - 97.81%
4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 81.48% - 96.30%
0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 109.97% - 129.90%

What do these calcs tell us? First of all, once setup and in Torrent range, Feraligatr will oneshot anything which doesn't resist Aqua Jet bar the sturdiest walls (Skarmory), and even several supposed check can be obliterated with Stealth Rock and very minimal residual damage. Crunch and Superpower obliterate the Ferrothorn + Jellicent core, while taking care of almost anything a stall team has to offer.

Now, you may think that setting up and getting into Torrent range is unfeasible. Well, not really. With the above spread, Feraligatr has a 373 HP / 236 Def / 202 SpD defensive layout, which is more than capable of weathering hits, especially from the physical side. It gets quite a bit of safe switch ins, and it needs only 1 turn to set up. As for Torrent range, Life Orb recoil can easily put you into it, and at that point, you have about 4 turns to basically oneshot everything that moves.

Feraligatr may apparently get competition from other Swords Dance + STAB Aqua Jet users, however:

Kabutops and Qwilfish lack bulk and Torrent
Samurott lacks the ability to break through Jellicent and Ferrothorn

I mean, if we're allowing stuff like OU Crawdaunt, we can't really avoid allowing this as well. SD Feraligatr is basically like DD Crawdaunt - but infinitely better, more powerful, more bulky, and with a lot several checks (most notably, once again, Scizor).

Thanks for your attention.

EDIT: Also, adding a list of common attacks which can bring Feraligatr close or into Torrent range

Choice Band 252 Atk Adamant Scizor's U-turn: 50.53% - 59.63%
Scarf Modest 252 SpA Rotom-W's Volt Switch: 67.91% - 80.21%
252 Atk Adamant Haxorus's Outrage: 63.37% - 74.60%
252 SpA Modest Volcarona's Bug Buzz: 52.14% - 61.23%
0 Atk Ferrothorn's Power Whip: 65.78% - 77.54%
252 SpA Timid Life Orb Starmie's Thunderbolt: 70.59% - 83.42%
Scarf Jolly 252 Atk Terrakion's Close Combat: 57.22% - 67.65%

Will add more as I find them if necessary

EDIT2: Ah, before someone brings up Azumarill, I'd like to note that Feraligatr has a lot of things over the former. Azumarill struggles a lot against the Jellicent + Ferrothorn core - it can't get past Jellicent without Toxic (which is hazardous at best on a Choice set), and it needs extreme prediction to get past Ferrothorn (and even if he predicts right and uses Superpower, you are now prone to being set up on from a lot of stuff). Azumarill is also slower than some key Pokémon like Scizor and Tyranitar. But most importantly, Azumarill can't sweep teams like Feraligatr can. It can revenge kill, punch some holes, but that's it.

Also added a couple more moves to the common ones which get Gatr into Torrent range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)