Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, I'd first like to say hey. I'm Axmaster68, as some of you already know. I'm relatively new when it comes to spriting, so I've come to ask for come C&C on my original (yes, I did the work myself) recolors and a couple of banners. Here they are:

Thanks!!

Reuniclus & Mudkip: these look great
Ranger banner: that yellow island looks kind of sloppy
Spoof banner: those stripes look funny. have you tried making a stripe pattern and using the bucket tool to fill it in?
Pidgeot: the outlines look odd

Your work is pretty good Ax, you just need to polish up some things.

Thanks Pippy. I actually kind of like the stripes on the Spoof banner, as it makes it seem almost warped. I have to ask: what does the island need to make it look less sloppy?

I was trying to scratch sprite for the first time (admittedly, I probably should've started with something a little simpler...), and I decided on a salamander design. This is a WIP, obviously. I think the front right hand (our left) looks a bit awkward, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it. Thoughts?

Hello everyone! Last year I asked this same question and I had a couple artists help us out (Special thanks to RitterCat and JerardoMartino). This year I'm back with the same request :P

We're running a pokemon league at Tsukino Con, Victoria's anime convention, and trainers beat gym leaders to earn badges and entry to the elite 4. But now that we have the gyms picked out, some of the gym leaders might not have the ability to make their own badges. So if anyone would be willing to design badges for the gyms that'd be super amazing.

Here's a sample of last year's badges:

So if anyone would be willing to help, that'd be amazing! Feel free to pm me. Right now, we need help designing an "Estrobadge" for a girly gym. Let me know if you're interested in designing one! :D It'll also make sure no one does any unnecessary work.

Cheers
~Mark

i need someone to do banners for me. here is how that works. the person i'm looking for need to be artistic and Creative and has to pm me an art work they have done in the past and who you did it for.
i don't ask much here but i do need banners for my trade thread

Uhmm I'm not sure if I'm posting this right... I had an art thread set up but I was told to put the banner ones here? So.. uhh here I guess. Lol?

2011 stuffs

2012 stuffs

(should I put this here? Dx IDUNNO.)

and my most recent ones

thanks! Can you download fonts onto gimp though? I have GIMP.2 and I've never been able to download anything. :/

And I lol'd at the hunger games thing. :P

OH and some more stuff. These haven't been as good but I was just messing around with them so ^^

With this one I wanted to mess around with fonts so o3o Lol.

This was actually my first animation, probably obvious by the simplicity and crapiness but, made it on short notice for a good friend. (it wasn't really short notice I just procrastinate to much.)

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus

+

I'd like the avy to be based on the Chicago Bulls logo, but with features from AfroBull :D. The fro might cover the words so maybe whoever does this can put them on the bottom? That's all the detail I'll go into, do whatever looks nice! Thanks a bunch to whoever can do this :)

Can you download fonts onto gimp though? I have GIMP.2 and I've never been able to download anything. :/
Yes, you can! Just search for a font website (I usually go to abstractfonts.com) and download the font you want (you have to pay for some, but there are lots of free ones you can find!). Then find the file you downloaded and open the folder, and there's like, one thing in that folder that you click on and it shows you how all the characters look in that specific font, but at the top of that window there's a button that says "Install" or something like that. Click it and it will install the font on your computer, including on GIMP and Microsoft Word. I hope that helped :3

Btw, two banners I did recently for my reference thread:

Yes, you can! Just search for a font website (I usually go to abstractfonts.com) and download the font you want (you have to pay for some, but there are lots of free ones you can find!). Then find the file you downloaded and open the folder, and there's like, one thing in that folder that you click on and it shows you how all the characters look in that specific font, but at the top of that window there's a button that says "Install" or something like that. Click it and it will install the font on your computer, including on GIMP and Microsoft Word. I hope that helped :3

Your banners look amazing! May I ask what the font is called on those 2 banners?

Your banners look amazing! May I ask what the font is called on those 2 banners?
Thank you! :)

The font is called "Raindrop splash". I got it from abstractfonts.com for free :]

But, it doesn't come with the glow effects that they have in my banners, I did that myself using the blur feature filter on GIMP.

Oh my gosh! Thanks so much! Great banners by the way! They look fantastic! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)