Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

1. If a Pokemon has no enough energy left to use a move, can it still use that move?
2. Are non-damaging attacks affected by the -1 energy cost that STAB gives?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1. If a Pokemon has no enough energy left to use a move, can it still use that move?
2. Are non-damaging attacks affected by the -1 energy cost that STAB gives?
1. Yes, but the Pokémon is KOed afterwards.
2. Yes, the EC Reduction for STAB also applies to non-damaging moves of the same type, as well as damaging moves of the same type.

Just a question:
I know the same Pokemon can't be in a roleplay and a battle at the same time, but can a Pokemon be in multiple roleplays at the same time?

Depends on the roleplay. Most roleplays actually allow a pokemon to be in a battle at the same time (like the battle hall), but the ones that don't (only one I can think of is TLR) don't allow pokemon in any other roleplay.

Following up on what TIO said, to answer unoriginal name, you can be in multiple RPs, bar The Legend Run (TLRs). They lock your Pokemon in, and you cannot even use the Pokemon in regular battles. However other RPs do not lock your Pokemon. Iirc the max number of RPs you can do at a time is 2.

Okay, thanks guys. I meant to ask this question in that post too, but I somehow forgot:

If you evolve Nincada, who do you get? Do you get both Ninjask and Shedinja, do you pick one, or does some other system take place? Thanks.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Okay, thanks guys. I meant to ask this question in that post too, but I somehow forgot:

If you evolve Nincada, who do you get? Do you get both Ninjask and Shedinja, do you pick one, or does some other system take place? Thanks.
Data Audit Thread said:
Because of the unique circumstances in which Nincada evolves in-game, when a Nincada evolves in ASB, both a Shedinja and a Ninjask are obtained.
If the evolution occurs in-battle, Ninjask will replace the Nincada in the battle and Shedinja will appear in a Poke Ball that the user cannot use in that battle.

If you give castform an everstone does it get a bonus of 1 rank to all of its stats. I would assume yes but clarification would be great :) !

DFrog, yes, he does have his stats boosted to 4/4/4/4/, but HP and Spe are the same of course. If you're not planning on going in with only one type of weather and a Rock like Heat Rock (a strategy I would advise against, anyways) Everstone is a great choice if you own one.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
The OP in the prize claim thread does not say how much new moves cost for a pokemon you already have. Can someone tell me how much they cost, and if the admins look at this, edit into the prize claim thread?

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The OP in the prize claim thread does not say how much new moves cost for a pokemon you already have. Can someone tell me how much they cost, and if the admins look at this, edit into the prize claim thread?
The data you wanted can be found here, in Battle Tower OP. For reference:
[box]1 MC: Level-Up Moves from any Pokemon at or below the current Evolution stage (including past generations), Pledge Moves.
2 MC: Current gen TMs/Tutors.
3 MC: Egg Moves, Event/Manga/Anime Moves, Past Gen TMs, Past Gen Tutors. [/box]
/me admits to tweaking it a bit.

Anyway, the issue of cluttered data has been present in ASB for a long time. So its a simple matter of looking around in OPs of commonly-used threads to fin what you need.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
If you give castform an everstone does it get a bonus of 1 rank to all of its stats. I would assume yes but clarification would be great :) !
What Unoriginal Name said, but it is because Castform's base stats in-game are 70 across the board, hence the +1 Rank bonus to Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, & Sp. Defence.

Basically, Everstone raises according to the Pokémon's base stats ingame (Like other things such as Rare Candy, Link Cable), not according to their ranks. This is why something like Sableye, despite having 3/3/3/3 Offences & Defences, hits 5/5/3/3 with Everstone, & not 5/5/5/5 (Remembering Sableye's BRT is 16, which allows it to get a two rank boost to its highest true base stat).

For the boosts of evolutionary stones, does the Pokemon need the ability to have it activated? For example, if a Pokemon is compatible with Water Stone, and it does not have Torrent or Hydration, does it get Torrent or Hydration?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
For the boosts of evolutionary stones, does the Pokemon need the ability to have it activated? For example, if a Pokemon is compatible with Water Stone, and it does not have Torrent or Hydration, does it get Torrent or Hydration?
They need to actually have the ability to get the effects from that particular stone, so Pokémon that hold the Water Stone, for example, do not get the effects of Torrent if they do not have the Torrent ability.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Where can I go for a potential change in a referee for a battle if it's possible? There have been miscalculation, ignoring burn damage and general lack of clarity. This is my first battle too, so this has been a very disappointing experience so far if these mistakes are this common, even though I like the concept of the ASB. Anyway, here is the battle. Thanks!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4562217
Edit: Thanks Complications!

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Does Transform work if the target is using Protect?
EDIT: Also, in the TLR dungeon Timeless Tower, are your Pokemon restored after defeating/capturing a Regi?

1. How much HP is restored for a Pokemon that uses Leech Seed?
2. In the type description list, why is "able to use thrash without losing focus" in the Dragon description and outrage in the Normal description? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also what does "losing focus" mean?
3. What are the advantages of Slowbro and Slowking over each other?

Does Transform work if the target is using Protect?
EDIT: Also, in the TLR dungeon Timeless Tower, are your Pokemon restored after defeating/capturing a Regi?
1. Yes
2. I believe that you leave and then link back to it when you wish to get another regi.

1. How much HP is restored for a Pokemon that uses Leech Seed?
2. In the type description list, why is "able to use thrash without losing focus" in the Dragon description and outrage in the Normal description? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also what does "losing focus" mean?
3. What are the advantages of Slowbro and Slowking over each other?
1. 3 hp, same as is lost.
2. It means that Normals can't have Outrage disrupted, and Dragons can't have Thrash disrupted. Not having Thrash clones disrupted comes with STAB.
3. Slowking has NP and Dragon Tail, Slowbro doesn't. Slowbro has R4 Def and R3 SpD, Slowking has R3 Def and R4 SpD. Those are the differences.

To add to TIO's answer to IceSpade's second question, the moves Outrage, Petal Dance and Thrash can normally be disrupted by the user of the move being hit by a move with a BAP of 13 or greater. This causes the move to end and (if I recall correctly) the user of the move to become confused. However, in addition to +3 BAP and -1 energy cost, getting STAB on Outrage, Petal Dance, Thrash or any of the partial trapping moves like Wrap means the move does not end prematurely in the circumstances that the move's description says it can. In addition, certain types get this added benefit to other specified moves, such as Normal-types with Outrage and Grass-types with Wrap and Bind.

Basically, there's more to STAB than a BAP boost and an energy cost drop.

1. How does accuracy boosts and drops work? For example, how much accuracy is added to a move if a Pokemon uses Coil once when using an inaccurate move such as Zap Cannon? Also, how about the accuracy boosts/drops from Speed natures?
2. Can "Can be Enabled" abilities be disabled while they are enabled? If yes, should the trainer be going first in that round?
3. Do Pokemon that did not get sent out in battle get counters too?
4. What's the link for the ASB IRC?

1. Accuracy and Evasion are calculated the same way as ingame; use Bulbapedia oral similar website for their values. Accuracy boosts from +Spe is added at the end.
2. Yes and yes.
3. Yes.
4. #capasb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)