Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

friend of mine linked this to me, i think he got it from neogaf. no idea if it's legit. anyone able to translate the types?

edit: i guess the colour coordination makes it kind of obvious but still!!!!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!

friend of mine linked this to me, i think he got it from neogaf. no idea if it's legit. anyone able to translate the types?

I can do it.

white is normal
red is fire
then water
grass
electric
rock
ground
ice
poison
psychic
fighting
flying
bug
ghost
dragon
dark
steel
and Fairy

Note that these are abbreviations rather than actual type names.

防禦側 is defending side (the vertical side)
攻擊側 is attacking side (the horizontal side)

O = x2 Super effective
double O = x4 Super effective
white triangle = half
Black triangle = 1/4
x = no damage

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
of course, and i do find that really sad - but at the same time, something cute or feminine kicking major arse has always been present in pokemon games - jynx? lapras? espeon? in the show, pikachu especially. something being cute or feminine has never equalled weak in pokemon.
Disagreed.
Apart from Jynx none of them sound 'feminine' to me.
Pokemon that do fit the bill are Gardevoir, Clefairy line, Celebi (genderless lmao), the Happiny line and Lopunny.

this is probably just based on the rumor, since I don't know what else it could come from considering the japanese site hasn't updated

The Os mean "Super Effective" X means "Resisted" The triangles mean "Not Very Effective".

Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel. Immune to Dragon.

I can do it.

white is normal
red is fire
then water
grass
electric
rock
ground
ice
poison
psychic
fighting
flying
bug
ghost
dragon
dark
steel
and Fairy

Note that these are abbreviations rather than actual type names.
cool thanks, so that means that fairy is weak to poison and steel while being immune to dragon, and is super effective vs dark, dragon and psychic while being nve vs poison and... fire? this is interesting

again, not saying this is confirmed

Cresselia~~

cool thanks, so that means that fairy is weak to poison and steel while being immune to dragon, and is super effective vs dark, dragon and psychic while being nve vs poison and... fire? this is interesting

again, not saying this is confirmed
according to Pokebeach, this is correct.

Though the chart is fan made.
And I'm not used to a layout like this, so I'm still figuring it out.

I think it's a list of the effectiveness based on the rumours. And because those are all Fairy dual type there's that amusing column of Xs beneath Dragon.

I'd hate to break the bubble but only a very minuscule minority of the people in the world posses that view.

Here's what 99.9% of the world imagines when I use the word fairy

Right, I completely see it slaying a garchomp and a haxorus/hydreigon duo in my mind right now.
When i think of fairy, i think of the fairies from Fablehaven. Those things...
Just don't mess with them.

The Os mean "Super Effective" X means "Resisted" The triangles mean "Not Very Effective".

Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel. Resistant to Dragon.
Am I the only one noticing that according to the chart, dragon isn't effective against anything? What's up with that?

EDIT: Oh, dual types, ok, nvm

Something with an effeminate (read:pussy) name leanings like 'fairy' being supereffective against DRAGONS doesn't sit well with my ears and common sense.
Couldn't they have gone with a snazzier name like 'Lunar' or 'Mystic'?

Or do they want to expand pokemon's fan base to 7 yo doll girls.
You sound really young. How old are you?

Or maybe you're just a tool.

Go look up the Unseelie Court to give yourself a little more imagination about how fairies can be portrayed. Maybe look into "Changeling: The Lost" to see how other people have done it.

Not all fairies have to be Disney Fairies.

And get over yourself; "girly" Pokemon have been around since Gen 1, and they're not turning you gay!

according to Pokebeach, this is correct.

Though the chart is fan made.
And I'm not used to a layout like this, so I'm still figuring it out.
yeah the layout is really bizarre, took me a while to figure out that it was meant to display the various interactions with dual typed fairies

i'm a little unhappy about the further unnecessary nerfs to dark and psychic. the nerf to dragon is fantastic, but i'm not sure how i feel about steel essentially getting buffed. really happy for poison, though!

also widespread outrage immunity should help to slow the game down a little bit, here's hoping for a better-paced gen 6.

edit: but then again, it could just make things even worse if fairy gets a 120 base power move, since it's only resisted by two types, one of which isnt really used (though it might become popular to combat fairy or if a good poison mon/move comes out), and the other takes 25% from sr per switch-in.

Am I the only one noticing that according to the chart, dragon isn't effective against anything? What's up with that?
That chart is comparing attacks of a different type against defenders with Fairy as one of their types. Which means that Fairy is immune to Dragon.

If this is true, Game Freak must really hate Outrage users.

but, i must ask. what do you guys think of the reveals overall? disappointed? excited? somewhere in the middle?

for me...

ALL ABOARD.

If this is real. They are really trying to balance it out a little. Super effective on Dragon/Dark/Fighting. Those are three types that are used a lot. I still do not like the game but they will be the new leaders of our metagame.

Cresselia~~

yeah the layout is really bizarre, took me a while to figure out that it was meant to display the various interactions with dual typed fairies

i'm a little unhappy about the further unnecessary nerfs to dark and psychic. the nerf to dragon is fantastic, but i'm not sure how i feel about steel essentially getting buffed. really happy for poison, though!

also widespread outrage immunity should help to slow the game down a little bit, here's hoping for a better-paced gen 6.
Ummm... I think it looks more like Psychic is resistant towards fairy instead.
Because Fairy does not resist fairy.

Still, poor ice...

So apparently, X and Y will be Eshop downloads.
Do I want to have a physical copy, or have all my pokemon instant access whenever I want to battle and get it at midnight when it comes out…

Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)