Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what Im reading from the charts...did gamefreak just replace dragons with fairys broken wise?? The postive thing that I'm seeing is that offensive poison types will have a major role in OU, prefrebly dual types.

Arcues Fairy, Dragon/Fairy and Steel/Fairy are looking scary...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Guess I would go for a physical copy because I don't like using credit cards.
Also, Hong Kong is kind of stranded when it comes to buying Nintendo eShop points.
(Both Japanese eShop and English eShop aren't being very cooperative)

So from what Im reading from the charts...did gamefreak just replace dragons with fairys broken wise??
Until fairies have Outrage and Draco Meteor, along with every move to cover other types and ridiculous stat spreads, no, fairies did not just replace dragons.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Btw i remember someone saying that all mono-typed Pokemon that are in the Fairy egg group could be the Pokemon would get this new typing, which is not true anymore as Gardevoir doesn't belong in this group, so we could really see anything getting this type (as long as it is cute).

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
You sound really young. How old are you?

Or maybe you're just a tool.

Go look up the Unseelie Court to give yourself a little more imagination about how fairies can be portrayed. Maybe look into "Changeling: The Lost" to see how other people have done it.

Not all fairies have to be Disney Fairies.

And get over yourself; "girly" Pokemon have been around since Gen 1, and they're not turning you gay!
At least I sound older than you.

And I was talking about popular perception (yeah google that)

And I already addressed those very issues on another post in response but you do not seem to posses much of a flair for reading or appreciation.

Thank you for the dose of Ad Hominem. Now try to grow up.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Btw i remember someone saying that all mono-typed Pokemon that are in the Fairy egg group could be the Pokemon would get this new typing, which is not true anymore as Gardevoir doesn't belong in this group, so we could really see anything getting this type (as long as it is cute).
But it still doesn't logically mean that those mono typed fairy egg group Pokemons are not getting a new type.

They didn't say that they aren't going to get it.
They just didn't mention about Gardevoir before.

However, I find it unlikely.

Clefairy's Japanese name is just Pippi.
Celfable's is even Pixie...

And I already addressed those very issues on another post in response but you do not seem to posses much of a flair for reading or appreciation.

It is true that a lot of bad comments are from people with this popular perception.
Already on Smogon's facebook page...

I've got no idea why the people in the marketing department of the franchisers find Fairy as an ok translation.

I know "OMG FAIRY" is the hot thing right now, but, and it was brought up once earlier, I think it's neat they're changing the dialogue. I was really impressed by the line "Whoa! The Helioblah you stepped on attacked!".

Also, I really hope that Pokemon-Amie isn't necessary for your Pokemon to be good. I always hated the idea of Happiness, but it was easy to max it out (use it a lot, don't let it faint), so I didn't mind. But if I *have* to feed my Froakie and pet my Snorlax so that they don't suck or get extra boosts, I may just kill myself. This is exactly why I always thought Tomodachi and Nintendogs looked silly.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Flavor-wise, why would Altaria even be weak to Fairy?
I dunno the damn thing looks like a fairy itself.

Maybe they should just Retconn Altaria to fairy/flying and get this collective shame of a pokemon out of the dragon exclusive club

Personally, I just think the Dragon fanboys are butthurt.
Also, was anyone else amused that Tyranitar was one of the examples for Pokemon-Amie? With how it was shunted off to the end of the game it was introduced in with virtually no-one using it throughout the series, I almost thought Nintendo was ashamed of it.

Edit: I'm a little worried about the (rumoured) lack of resistances to Fairy. Fire isn't the best defensive type and Psychic is easily dealt with using a coverage move.

Until fairies have Outrage and Draco Meteor, along with every move to cover other types and ridiculous stat spreads, no, fairies did not just replace dragons.
Also they're weak to Steel... which is more common than you think, with moves like Bullet Punch and Gyro Ball.

Fairy does seem like an amazing offensive type though. If Psychic types not called Gardevoir could learn Fairy type moves, they may have finally found their answer to Dark types... well a more reliable option than Focus Blast anyway.

Personally, I just think the Dragon fanboys are butthurt.
Also, was anyone else amused that Tyranitar was one of the examples for Pokemon-Amie? With how it was shunted off to the end of the game it was introduced in with virtually no-one using it throughout the series, I almost thought Nintendo was ashamed of it.
I think they just used Tyranitar to boost their phrase "big or small". Tyranitar took up both screens, remember?

I find it weird they used BOTH Snorlax and Tyranitar with the release of Fairy types. Maybe these Pokemon have some type of connection? (moves, weaknesses, etc.).

LET'S DISCUSS THE POKE-AMIE SHALL WE

what do you guys think will be the use of it practically, if there is one? it seems like it'll increase happiness, but do you think it'll be able to increase stats or levels or something a la pokewalker? will it be immediately accessible, or need to be unlocked? will there be mini-games attached, like nintendogs?

SO MANY QUESTIONSSS

"At least I sound older than you," wow, what a cutting retort. You are the one that whipped out the word "pussy" when you thought "effeminate" didn't adequately convey your disgust. Let me guess, you still call people who beat you in online games "(BAN ME PLEASE)s" too, right?

"Popular perception" has no bearing on how fairies will be portrayed in this game. So far, we have seen exactly one fairy type made exclusively for this generation. They may decide to go the Disney route, they may not. Why not wait and see what this type is about?

And as for why it's "Fairy" and not "Lunar" or "Magic" or "Light"...Think about it. There are almost no physical properties with Lunar, Magic, and Light. You can maybe decide Light is strong to Dark, but you won't get much further than that when you try to decide what these types are weak to, what they resist, etc.

According to lore, fairies are weak to iron...so we have a steel weakness off the bat. Other franchises have them weak to poison or pollution (a la Fern Gully, or just generally considering fairies an embodiment of nature), so there's another weakness. Try to come up with weaknesses for Lunar, Magic, or Light that are that obvious and that make that much sense.

You could even get daring and give Normal its first resistance. The "real" or "mundane" is commonly portrayed as the bane of fairies. There are a lot of interesting possibilities here.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
I doubt they'd remove Altaria from the Dragon Egg Group, bruh.
Being of the dragon egg group doesn't mean you MUST be a dragon type.

just ask the Charmander Line, The treecko line, Seviper, Feebas line(lol), and the scraggy line.

They can quite easily retconn altaria without changing its egg group.

Two things about eshop download:
1. If I were to get both games, then I couldn't use a friend's DS to trade with myself. I hope they allow self-trading.

2. I assume getting older gen pokemon will be similar to how it was between 4th and 5th, but WHAT IF, if you have the download, it becomes like 3rd and 4th and you can just have the game card of B/W/B2/W2 in your console, open the download version, and transfer pokemon like that? Genius!

Two things about eshop download:
1. If I were to get both games, then I couldn't use a friend's DS to trade with myself. I hope they allow self-trading.

2. I assume getting older gen pokemon will be similar to how it was between 4th and 5th, but WHAT IF, if you have the download, it becomes like 3rd and 4th and you can just have the game card of B/W/B2/W2 in your console, open the download version, and transfer pokemon like that? Genius!
that would be fantastic. i was leaning towards getting a digital copy [but with an sd card with more space, of course], however, if that happens - sold, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)