Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Serebii
"Edit @ 11:53: The teaser for next month's CoroCoro issue, due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month"

0.0 oh SNAP!
They're probably exaggerating, but i really don't know.

And cotton candy is probably going to be the new hated one (even though it isn't THAT bad)

all rumors are going to be confirmed at this point:

Fairy will be SE Dark, and Fighting as well as Dragon...Fairy will be IMMUNE to Dragon, and Fire & Psychic typed are Not Very Effected by Fairy.
Fennekin evo will be Fire/Psychic, Chespin evo will be Grass/Dark and Froakie will be Water/Fighting.
Mewtwo will have TWO new formes, and are activated by items.
Dual-type attacks (Scald might be BOTH Water/Fire)
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

This...waiting...is KILLLING ME INSIDE!!!!!!!
AUGH C'MON OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that any of this is confirmed. Literally none of this happened today.

Hey guys, we shouldn't be judging the cotton candy 'mon too quickly. Remember, Vanilluxe isn't literally ice cream, voltorb isn't literally a Pokeball, Exeggcute isn't literally a dozen eggs and Charizard isn't literally a dragon. Some of their design may have origin in those items, but they aren't literally them. I personally think it may be inspired by literal cotton spores, but I'll refrain from judgement until I read the pokedex entry.

Isn't Jumpluff based off cotton spore? The new cotton guy is revealed the cotton candy Poke.. Since the bird is something to do with smell the cotton candy makes much more sense as it refer to taste. Fairy exclusive in their respective version..

Malinmar seems too good just like Archeops when it was revealed.. I smell a terrible stat or a limited movepool.. All the Pokemon that have this an ability aren't capable of using in full potential.. Or it can also just be defense oriented poke with plethora of support moves..

Any ideas on what could be even bigger then what now is released for next month?

Probably a bunch of new pokemon and insight into gameplay mechanics (super training, type-chart, etc).

What are the thoughts on the new gym leaders? The one is clearly a rock-type if you look at the field around him and even his badge. The short blonde guy...maybe elec?

Isn't Jumpluff based off cotton spore? The new cotton guy is revealed the cotton candy Poke.. Since the bird is something to do with smell the cotton candy makes much more sense as it refer to taste. Fairy exclusive in their respective version..

Malinmar seems too good just like Archeops when it was revealed.. I smell a terrible stat or a limited movepool.. All the Pokemon that have this an ability aren't capable of using in full potential.. Or it can also just be defense oriented poke with plethora of support moves..
New bird has nothing to do with smell. It's name is 'shushup' as in ' shush up' (shut up in polite language).

It's actually supposed to be a sound reference. So rather than a nose, it's most likely based on a half note. That would also explain the musically related move it learns.

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that any of this is confirmed. Literally none of this happened today.

Those were the Pokebeach rumors that were posted in February. Those are the one's that haven't been confirmed yet. But there are literally, like, 15 rumors that have been confirmed by Gamefreak like, 2 months after they were leaked. Big deal.

New bird has nothing to do with smell. It's name is 'shushup' as in ' shush up' (shut up in polite language).

It's actually supposed to be a sound reference. So rather than a nose, it's most likely based on a half note. That would also explain the musically related move it learns.
According to Shushup's classification it is know as the perfume pokemon that's why it knows the move aromatherapy. Chatot has the sound reference bird already..

Those are just the Japanese names. It may change when it's English name is revealed, but it being the "perfume" Pokémon hints more towards it being smell-based.

According to Shushup's classification it is know as the perfume pokemon that's why it knows the move aromatherapy. Chatot has the sound reference bird already..
I must have derped there because for some reason I though it was stated that it learned some kind of sound based move or ability. But on closer inspection, it was just Aromatherapy.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Malinmar?? Which one is that?

A fighting with STAB Priority, a dual STAB type combo that is resisted by 10 or less pokemon, and a move that switches the user out and leaves that opponent attackless?

Where do I sign?

im ok with all of the designs except for that cotton candy mon. it's easy to see how pinkbirdmon will evolve into a flamingo, so that's alright in my book. im kinda disappointed with xernias's type, though. you'd think it'd have a cooler type combo than just fairy type, seeing as it's a boxcover legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)