OU CCAT - Round 7 - Revision

After reading some person's Sun Offense RMT, I was inspired to post here the might that is Scarf Azelf. Here is the set:

Azelf@Choice Scarf
Trait:Levitate
252 spattck/252 speed/4 attck
Naive Nature

Thunderbolt
Psyshock/Physic
U-Turn
Trick/Fire Blast/Flamethrower

With the given EV's, Azelf can actually outspeed Clorophyll Venasaur and OHKO with Psyshock/Physic (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Gyrados is murdered by Thunderbolt. U turn provides momentum, always a good thing for a choiced mon. Trick can cripple stuff, Fire Blast/Flamethrower can be useful for demolishing Forry, and HP Ice can easily revenge Dragonite once Multiscale is broken.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Worth noting that I also tentatively put my name down to stream this team a few weeks ago, although if Lavos is doing it im not sure I could add much considering hes a much better battler than myself

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed / Sassy Nature (+Def, -Spd / + SDef, -Spd)
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Why:

1. we have plenty of fire resists

2. we have one steel type, one more can't hurt (especially a bulky one such as Ferro)

3. we have no ghost resist, granted it's not that important but it's a reason for Ferro nonetheless

4. Ferro is really good

Weavile@choice band
Nature:jolly
Trait: pressure
Evs: 252 atk, 28 spdef, 228 speed
Moves:
ice shard
pursuit
night slash
low kick

I feel like at this point we need to decide on a revenge killer for the team. I feel that weavile is a good pick up in that role since it is naturally fast, has ice shard, pirsuit utility for lando-t, and can cover the teams somewhat sluggish nature.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Roost

Metagamesectrets's post helped me quite a lot when picking Latias. Not many things are able to cover the rest of the team's weaknesses: we could go with Abomasnow to give some weather control and check Venusaur and Gyarados with Bounce, but it would break Terrakion's sash and Dragonite's Multiscale while negating Landorus-T's leftovers; we could pick a revenge killer, which is actually a pretty good idea, but the best ones were already picked by other members; that leaves us with Latias. Latias has pretty good sinergy with the rest of the team and works as a second win condition while still checking Venusaur and Keldeo. It can also serve as a (very shaky) check to Gyarados, which was also mentioned as a threat. I hope Dragonite gets ExtremeSpeed later, but this Latias enjoys the wallbreaking power of the set that was picked equally.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Scarf Garchomp is easily the best suggestion so far, as it's the only one with deals with our Volcarona weakness, while still taking care of potentially problematic +1 dragons. Oh and it deals with SubCM Latias to to an extend, another big threat to this team. Unfortunately it is another Pokemon for Skarmory to setup Spikes against, which is bad seeing as we won't have room for a spinner, but not that bad as we have three Pokemon immune to Spikes. I am trying to come up with a better suggestion but so far i have found nothing good enough...

Ok, i think i found something. Here we go:

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Max Atk was used to always OHKO bulky QD Volcarona with Stone Edge and do the most damage possible with Stone Edge against Choice Scarf Salamence (Stone Edge: 68.27 - 80.36%). It also outspeeds and OHKOes other dangerous Pokemon for this team such as Choice Scarf Kyurem-B and any Terrakion. Finally, it helps us greatly against sun teams, as while it cannot outspeed Venusaur in sun, it can do a pretty big number on those kind of teams individually, not to mention that Venusaur doesn't have too much room for setup anyway. Unfortunately it can't do anything significant to SubCM Latias, which is indeed a problem, but what can you do...

Last edited:
The problem with adding a ScarfChomp is that it adds a whopping third quad-weakness to ice, virtually guaranteeing that any random Mamoswine or Kyurem will 6-0 the team, not to mention things like Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Starmie, Venus with HP Ice, etc etc etc

I sort of regret not being around for the initial building of this CCAT, since obviously once we look back on it there are some pretty glaring flaws. But, since there's no changing the 5 members who have already been established, I'd rather see the team attempt to patch up a few of its holes with Scizor (notably its enormous weakness to anything carrying a random ice move), rather than slapping on a ScarfChomp because it "deals with Volc."

Late again :S times up

Round 6 Votes:
Analytic Starmie
Choice Scarf Starmie
Choice Band Scizor
Physically Defensive Forretress
Choice Scarf Garchomp
Choice Scarf Heatran
Specially Defensive Ferrothorn
Choice Band Weavile
CM Latias
Choice Scarf Infernape (jolly)

Review sets here (please)

Rules:
  • Everyone gets 2 votes. You must use all of your votes. Your votes must be on separate submissions.
  • Deadline is 2 days from now.
  • You can vote for your own set

The last vote is the most important. Think about your choices carefully before you make your vote!

edit: choice scarf azelf was not included on the ballot for not removing slashes from the set. we are at round 6 at this point and it is a main rule. sorry.

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Scarf Garchomp
Scarf Infernape

Fire Blast > Dual Chop fml Skarm (iPod bolds things ugh)

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Choice Band Scizor
Choice Scarf Infernape

Man i was going to use my 100th post for something meaningful :( well i am going to vote for these 2 because 1) i sadly can't vote for myself and even if i could it is kinda stupid to be voting for yourself, 2) I like both of these submissions because they help deal with threats on the team without stacking weaknesses.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Scarf Garchomp
Scarf Infernape

Btw i changed the nature of Infernape from Adamant to Jolly, which was Adamant in the beginning by mistake anyway. DoughBoy is aware of this.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
all of these pokemon are sub-optimal for the last slot. however, my votes go to analytic starmie and scarf heatran

No one voted for me :'(
Anyway, since I am a narcissistic loser( :( ),
Forretress
Analytic life orb Starmie

This team needs a spinner, roost on dragonite imo is just an excuse people use to post other sets because all the spinners were taken(tenta doesn't work here).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)