Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one mega per team is only allowed,then why did GF bother to put up an event torchick that can mega evolve and the kanto starters that can mega evolve when we can only have one of them?And I'm also guessing that the kalos starters are also getting mega evolutions.
so you can choose your favorite and use them?

We don't know if they retain the mega-evolution for the duration of the battle once activated, so it might be a bit hasty to say that.
It's been officially stated that They remain in their Mega Form until the end of battle. What hasn't been clarified is if they stay MEvo'd after getting switched out.

Well there are stat boosts, though yeah nothing that will realistically get a mega evo quite compares to something as monstrous as Giratina. However for pokemon like Mawile (which can switch in and intimidate with it's cool new typing, then mega evolve into a huge power monster with heightened defense and special defense) this appears to more than make up for the lack of an item. I'm especially excited to run a hazard heavy team based on Mega Khanga that uses it's double attack to use two roars in one turn (assuming the ability functions how I think it does).

I'm especially excited to run a hazard heavy team based on Mega Khanga that uses it's double attack to use two roars in one turn (assuming the ability functions how I think it does).
Hmm.. interesting. I think it was mentioned that the 'second' attack will only do half the damage. But I don't know how non-damaging moves will work. Then again, seeing as how Roar always goes last, someone could switch in with a Fighting type and KO before you could land the 'second' Roar.

A second Mega-Evolution of Mewtwo?

Starts at 0:22
Mmm... There has always been this image showcasing two Mega Mewtwos and its stone has never actually been mentioned, as likely as name would be.

I don't believe I've seen anything mentioned about it anywhere - but has there been any news as to what Streetpass might bring to the games?

Mmm... There has always been this image showcasing two Mega Mewtwos and its stone has never actually been mentioned, as likely as name would be.

It was never mentioned because it is fake. It's Mega Fake.

What to expect from this CoroCoro:

Pokéjungle said:
We know our readers are eagerly awaiting the latest issue of Corocoro and while there’s a little longer to wait, we thought we’d remind you of what you can expect this month… Rather than the usual few pages featuring new X & Y information, the issue this month will feature a separate booklet alongside the usual published pages.

The separate publication will contain information on new Pokémon and is said to feature a “newsflash” on Mega Pokémon. Somewhere in the issue the update type-chart for X & Y will also be published, meaning we will finally learn where Fairy-Type fits into the least of weaknesses, strengths and resistances!

We’re expecting all this information to hit around the 11/12 of this month, so keep your eyes on the site for what’s looking to be a huge X & Y scoop!

I hope they will announce the final stages of the starter Pokemon, other new Pokemon I don't really care about since they don't influence my choice at the beginning of the game.
The type-chart will finally end the neverending speculation about the weakness and resists of the Fairy-type. I've been amazed about how some of you were obsessed by speculating about rumours. Even taking it as far as calculation IV and such just to determine the base stats. Anyway... I look forward to the next CoroCoro

Hmm.. interesting. I think it was mentioned that the 'second' attack will only do half the damage. But I don't know how non-damaging moves will work. Then again, seeing as how Roar always goes last, someone could switch in with a Fighting type and KO before you could land the 'second' Roar.
Remember the second attack is being used by baby Kanga, so I bet you it's something more like a generic move, having both of them use Return or whatever would seem pretty hard to program and it doesn't make sense. Then again, this is TrollFreak we are talking about here.

It was never mentioned because it is fake. It's Mega Fake.

What to expect from this CoroCoro:
Oh, well there you go. My apologies. Still, it puzzles me as to why they'd hide the Mega Evolution of Mewtwo in the upcoming Smash, what with all the reveals and even the anime special having been shown already.

If one mega per team is only allowed,then why did GF bother to put up an event torchick that can mega evolve and the kanto starters that can mega evolve when we can only have one of them?And I'm also guessing that the kalos starters are also getting mega evolutions.
Keep in mind we will have to find the Mega Stones in order to Mega evolve. We only receive Blazikenite via the event, so it's likely Torchic will be the only one capable of Mega evolving during the main story. That is, unless they decide to throw in a massive quest during the main game to find all of the stones.

That is, unless they decide to throw in a massive quest during the main game to find all of the stones.
Sounds like GameFreak to me. It's still possible that this could be done post-game. I hope they add something to the 'quest', unlike finding the Plasma Sages, which bored me to no end. But I feel like each Mega Evolution will have its own criteria. Perhaps CoroCoro will 'unlock' the secrets.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Keep in mind we will have to find the Mega Stones in order to Mega evolve. We only receive Blazikenite via the event, so it's likely Torchic will be the only one capable of Mega evolving during the main story. That is, unless they decide to throw in a massive quest during the main game to find all of the stones.
I don't think it will be a single side quest... Those caves/mountains look awfully deep. Maybe they might re-add something like that Mystery Cave in RSE? Which got scrambled/randomised using those Wonder Card things? Except this time those dungeons are totally randomly generated whenever you enter the cave. They might spawn different items/megastones etc... It would be a novel way to extend the story line that bit more.

I'd rather that that LOL Go forth and find these items which may or may not be scattered all over Kalos.

I don't believe I've seen anything mentioned about it anywhere - but has there been any news as to what Streetpass might bring to the games?
While this image is fake apparently, I've been secretly thinking that Mewtwo's other rumored mega evolution is Mew

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we find out about mevoing from gym leader Korrina though, so I'm sure she'll throw us a free mega stone or two to play with, so there must be a few mega-evolutions during the main game

I think we should rule out a few pokemon from getting Megas, specifically Farfetch'd, Latios, Latias, and Marowak. Obviously, these lines already have their own species-specific item, and I doubt GF would introduce another with a different effect.

we find out about mevoing from gym leader Korrina though, so I'm sure she'll throw us a free mega stone or two to play with, so there must be a few mega-evolutions during the main game
Good point. I'd bet that Korrina gives us the Mega stone for our Kalos starter (mayhaps)

I wonder if all fully evolved pokemon will end up with a mega evolution at some point.
I like to think that "not every Pokémon will receive Mega Evolutions" means "not every fully-evolved Pokémon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)