Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
I sort of doubt this though...
Zoroark would have to Mega Evolve, and I really doubt they'd make it Mega Evolve without some sort of animation or text (it'd be really inconsistent). Even if its Mega Evolution retains Illusion, the cover is blown, especially if the Pokemon in the back of the party is unable to Mega Evolve. I really just doubt they'll give Zoroark a Mega Evolution when it's that complicated (or if it gets one, I highly doubt Illusion will be its ability).

Also, @Shiruba I post that on the last page with a link. I didn't feel like taking up half a page with graphics and gifs just to reiterate a point people have already made.
To be honest, zoroark's illusion tends to last about... 1 turn. Zoroark's moves consist of pretty much Nasty Plot (a kind of poorly distributed boosting move with fairly few good users) and offensive moves (dark pulse is obvious based on damage since the closest mon to it statswise is houndoom (unless you intentionally invest less to make its special attack lower or something stupid like that) and flamethrower is pretty obvious since pretty much nothing gets nonSTAB flamethrower to begin with... U-turn does not create much of a problem, obviously).

The whole point of zoroark is not to keep the illusion up, but to keep it up for that one vital turn when you can get a KO with it before you take some sort of damage that can be used to identify zoroark in the future (full health spiritomb is suddenly 63%? hmmmmmmm); megazoroark doesn't really create any problems for zoroark (but unfortunately does nothing for its speed tier unless it has protect).

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
From Serebii, about next weeks PokeSmash:

"In the trailer for next week's episode, it also showed a battle where Mewtwo Mega Evolved while promising a shocking revalation about Mega Evolution, but they covered up the result of the evolution, with the host Shokotan seeming shocked."

Total speculation, but the whole Mewtwo having two mega evos could still be true.

EDIT: Lol ninja'd so hard :)

I'm still all in on the rumor being true but I'm hesitant to believe Smash is showing a second form of mewtwo if only because it's Pokemon Smash
Would you believe it if CoroCoro revealed it a day before Smash aired?

Would you, R N?

The big secret behind MEvo may not be anything too spectacular. I'm going to bet that they're overhyping the reveal and guess that the secret is "if you're Mewtwo you get two different forms" or "Mewtwo can MEvo twice"

EDIT:
Has smash talked about mega evolution at all before?
Yes, at least on August 18th. They showcased MegaMewtwo last month, there's no reason to cover it up again.

Last edited:
Would you believe it if CoroCoro revealed it a day before... Smash aired?

Would you, R N?

The big secret behind MEvo may not be anything too spectacular. I'm going to bet that they're overhyping the reveal and guess that the secret is "if you're Mewtwo you get two different forms" or "Mewtwo can MEvo twice"
To be perfectly honest not really because Smash gonna Smash

It's always best to go in with tempered expectations

I see where R_N's coming from. Nearly every Smash reveal has been a disappointment, so he just doesn't believe that they'll ever get something cool at this point.

That said, CoroCoro releases before the next Smash, and Smash often shows the CoroCoro reveals in the same week the magazine releases, so it works out that there really is something new there.

Illusion is what makes Zoroark special.
Lucario, on the other hand, is a lot less commited to a single gimmick and thus gets a bigger register to play on.
Lucario's main (marketing) gimmick is that he can use Aura, his stats reflected that by being inclined(ever so slightly) towards a special movepool. Mega Lucario instead chose to go physical. So unless we're getting some physical Aura moves, it's entirely possible for Zoroark to ditch the illusion gimmick.

Now, if I were give Zoroark a mega evo, I would make it Dark/Fire so that he can hit Lucario with a stab SE attack.

On the subject of MegaEvos, I'd love to see Deoxys get one. It's the DNA Pokemon and MEvos do have the whole DNA thing going for them. Plus each form can get their own separate boosts, maybe different secondary types and abilities for each of them

All this news about Mewtwo's second mega evolution is very confusing as how can a Pokemon mega evolve twice? We can expect to see something like maybe holding different types of mega stones will mega evolve your Pokemon into different forms.
When can we expect CoroCoro to leak this month?I'm thinking around 10-11th or something?

If Mega Pokémon get ridiculous buff, they are of course going to be banned into a new Mega Tier, which if you think about it, would be incredibly boring since you know that the Pokémon is going to Mega Evolve. Tiering is going to be very hard this Gen.

If Mega Pokémon get ridiculous buff, they are of course going to be banned into a new Mega Tier, which if you think about it, would be incredibly boring since you know that the Pokémon is going to Mega Evolve. Tiering is going to be very hard this Gen.
They don't seem OP, you only get 1 per team and all defensive buffs aren't accessed on switch-in(you have to already be in to mega evolve).

Yeah I have to agree with the above. Mega-Evo's are now going to be a central game mechanic, responsible for introducing a sizable amount of essentially new (if not upgraded) pokemon into the metagame. I think mega evolutions will probably have to stay, the meta will simply find a balance around them rather than vice-versa. That isn't to say some won't be banned (Mewtwo, Blaziken, etc) however it's just another power spike, they won't be mass banned because hopefully most should balance each other out. I for one am incredibly excited by the strategy and mind games that megalutions will hopefully bring to the meta. With the limit to one per team you can probably do some pretty nifty stuff by running multiple pokemon that can megavolve and messing with your opponent.

If one mega per team is only allowed,then why did GF bother to put up an event torchick that can mega evolve and the kanto starters that can mega evolve when we can only have one of them?And I'm also guessing that the kalos starters are also getting mega evolutions.

I get the feeling that smogon will recognize MEvos as a buff to the corresponding Pokémon, not as a separate tier, which is what I'm getting from all this "Mega banlist" talk. It will require playing and deliberating to see which Mega Stones are worth having in favor of other items, which ones aren't and which ones may possibly be broken.
Because right now, it's like Giratina's Griseous Orb without Giratina's stats. That's probably a problem.

If one mega per team is only allowed,then why did GF bother to put up an event torchick that can mega evolve and the kanto starters that can mega evolve when we can only have one of them?And I'm also guessing that the kalos starters are also getting mega evolutions.
Are you saying that you suddenly will be incapable of using all of them at different points in time just because you will have access to a handful of starters?
Nobody ever said you can't play with more than one MEvo'd Pokemon ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)