MLB 2013 Season Thread

No K/BB can pry attention away from Rivera / Kimbrel / Chapman. Not that they don't deserve attention but Jansen pitched a 27 batter perfect stretch and no one knows about that either.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No K/BB can pry attention away from Rivera / Kimbrel / Chapman. Not that they don't deserve attention but Jansen pitched a 27 batter perfect stretch and no one knows about that either.
the fact is uehara has been better than chapman and rivera easily over this stretch... kimbrel has been close but kimbrel has also been a historically great closer over the last two years. theres a huge difference between a 27 batter perfect stretch and 170 innings of being a historically great pitcher...

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
that's almost as good as

anyway, i have a question about earned runs.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playbyplay?gameId=330920123

as a pirate fan, i was glad to hear that none of the three runs mark melancon gave up last night (with two outs in the 9th of a 5-2 game to the reds) were earned. however, i'm surprised that at least the final run scored was not earned, as it was the result of a legit single and then a pinch runner. can someone explain why this isn't an earned run? is it as simple as being because the inning (and game) would have been over if not for mercer's error in the first place?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
so what if the reds had gotten like five more hits straight and three more runs after that (and melancon had stayed in)...all of those would have been unearned then still?

That is correct. If the official scorer deems an error on what would have been the final out of an inning, then any runs scored through the rest of the inning are considered unearned because they never would have been scored without the misplay.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have lost Braun, CarGo, Kemp and Edwin Encarnacion (as well as other more nondescript injuries that everyone goes through during the season) to injury to either finish my season or for the majority of it in my fantasy league, and yet I am still first in the standings. Not sure if I'm that much of a boss or if everyone just sucks lol.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bautista, Lawrie, Harper, Pujols, Rasmus among others, have all gone down to injury for significant periods of time for me. THe only consistency I've had is my pitching surprisingly, pretty sure i've been one of the top performers in pitching this year.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Jesus thats a pretty hefty list too. I'm the same as you. My pitching has been pretty healthy which is good. I'm just surprised I'm near the top in any offensive cats at all.

Stallion

Tree Young
Segura and Venable hurt too....if I'm gonna win anything this season it's all on my pitching. My hitting has been cut to pieces by injury

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Henderson Alvarez throws a no-hitter...

but the Marlins only win because of a wild pitch with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th for a final score of 1-0.

Literally the most Marlins thing that could happen lol

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nah most marlins thing that could happen would be alvarez taking a 1-0 loss

ALSO FUCK YEAH PIRATES IN THE PLAYOFFS YEEEEEEEAAAAAAH

it woudl really suck to take 2 straight from the reds at the end of the regular season but then lose the one game playoff to be eliminated...

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Next year we may have 2 leagues depending on who is interested. Also I'll be dropping inactive users from the league because it's annoying as fuck.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I improved on my performance from last year (9th->7th) which is something I guess :p Don't think I can challenge Stallion for the crown but I might be able to shake up the group at the top next year ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)