Battle Mechanics Research

Let me confirm that Mega-Evolution has a higher priority than extremespeed from lucario.

The pokemon league champion also has a mega gardevoir and i wanted to try what happens if we both activate Mega the first turn (she will always go for mega).

I selected mega extremespeed and i couldnt attack until Gardevoir transformed to mega Gardevoir.

:)

Can Stealth Rock activate Weakness Policy? So if a Talonflame holding Weakness Policy comes in while SR is up, will it get the attack boosts once the rocks dig in?

Also, can Weakness Policy be activated twice? If a Lucario holding WP gets hit by Mud Slap twice, will it get two sharp boosts?

Isn't there a dark type move that let's you give away your held item, or the psychic one that swaps items? I cant remember the move's names right now, but was wondering about stealing a mega stone and/or giving a mega a held item? could that work with a mega in doubles? also, how would fling affect a mega stone either before or after going mega?

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
I don't think that's been tested yet. Given that the items can't be lost by other means, though, it's unlikely that would work. (It's a waste of a moveslot anyway, so it's not a big thing.)

Additional questions about dual-type moves (Flying Press, etc.):
- What will happen if a Pokemon with Color Change is hit by a dual-type move? Will it change into the type shown in the move description on the status screen, or will it transform into a dual-type Pokemon?
- Also in the same vein, what will happen if a Pokemon with Protean uses a dual-type move?
- If a Pokemon is both Flying- and Fighting-type, how will STAB be calculated when using Flying Press? 200% (100%+50%+50%), 225% (150%*150%), or just 150%?

About moves that add a new type to the target, according to the descriptions (Forest Curse, etc.):
- If you use Forest Curse on a dual-type Pokemon, will it be have three types, or will one of them be replaced?
- In the event of a type being replaced, how will the game determine which one to replace?
- In the event of a triple-type Pokemon, how will a move that is super-effective on all three types affect them (e.g.: Flying move on a Forest Cursed Heracross)? Is it calculated as 8x (200%*200%*200%), 6x (200%+200%+200%), or just 4x?
- Or is the description just misleading?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What will happen if impostor ditto switches in on a mega evolved Pokemon? What if it switches in on the turn they mega evolve? What exactly is mega evolution's priority? +8?

How does Magic Room interact with Mega Evolutions? If a pokemon tries to mega evolve while it is up, are they still able to?

If Magic Room is up do the mega pokemon revert back to their normal state?

Can you trick a mega stone onto a pokemon to block another pokemon on your opponent's team from mega evolving?

For example, if I'm fighting a life orb gengar, could I carry a gengarite alakazam to trick gengarite onto the gengar, blocking my opponent's mega stone holding, unevolved lucario from mega evolving?

Can you trick a mega stone onto a pokemon to block another pokemon on your opponent's team from mega evolving?

For example, if I'm fighting a life orb gengar, could I carry a gengarite alakazam to trick gengarite onto the gengar, blocking my opponent's mega stone holding, unevolved lucario from mega evolving?
It's been confirmed that you can't trick mega stones

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does Weakness Policy activate multiple times if the target is hit by a multi-hit move (Icicle Spear, Rock Blast etc)?

If a Pokemon gains an Electric-type while Paralyzed, will it be cured of Paralysis?

Do Grass-types get hurt by Powder? Can Grass-types use Powder?

Do Mat Block, Crafty Shield, Protect, Detect and Spikey Shield follow the same counter? Is it possible in a double battle to use both Mat Block and Crafty Shield in the same turn?

If a Mega Evo switches out and switches back in, will it still be in its Mega form?

Does Nature Power still always become Earthquake in link battles?

Does Sticky Web act as a new entry hazard? Can it be removed with Rapid Spin, blocked with Magic Coat/Magic Bounce, etc.?

Just wanted to confirm that even though Electric types are immune to paralysis and thunder wave, Thunder Wave WILL still trigger abilities like Lightning Rod.

A Plusle used entrainment on my Pikachu and gave it Lightningrod. Another Plusle in the horde used Thunder wave and I got the special attack boost.

Reactions: PoJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)