2013 Music

if you click the image it will take you to the list on rym.
ah cool, thanks. didn't notice it was a hyperlink.

also, i thought i'd be able to find your what account through your collage, but no luck! do you make that artwork collage manually?
i made a collage on topsters a while ago and you can edit and add stuff to it at later dates if you save it to your profile. i rarely use what tbh because i find it heaps hard to keep my ratio at an acceptable level.

New Cut Copy = ok. I was one of the few people who absolutely loved Zonoscope, but Free Your Mind just sounds a bit samey and anonymous. Where are the hooks?!
New Arcade Fire = yet another terrific album, though perhaps in a slightly different way from their others. By which I mean that I think this is their best album in terms of how all the songs sound when played together. This is only after one listen, though, so take that with a whole handful of salt.

What Death Leaves Behind is one of my favourite songs of the year!! The other track they put out was pretty similar in tone and dark lyrical content (if not as glorious), so I have high hopes for this album. Los Campesinos! at their lush best imo. Thanks for the link!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.

No, they didn't. They watermarked the digital version that they sent to each music magazine, and the album was leaked by somebody of one of those magazines on what.cd BEFORE the album was even sent to the people that pre-ordered. And because the album got leaked, the band had to manually send the album digitally to all the people that had pre-ordered. Or at least that's what I heard though I may be wrong.

So no ''fuck this band'', more like ''fuck the cunt who leaked it before the album was out even for the people that pre-ordered it''.

And well, the band has had a lot of problems with leaks in the past (when they were going to release one of their old albums, it got leaked like 3 or 4 months before the release date) and since they aren't that popular stuff like this actually does hurt the band economically wise. Not going to start a discussion about piracy and stuff but I don't think they should be blamed for that, they actually just refunded the guy that leaked the album.

Last edited:
that's not accurate.

192kbps was the "journalist" leak.

the guy getting all the flack leaked the 320kbps pre-order digital download.

found phosphorescent's new album muchacho from the what.cd staff picks and i like it a lot.

reflektor sucks, arcade fire sucks

new dj rashard is cool

kelela - cut 4 me is cool too!

tbh this seems kinda badass on Los Campesinos' part. Kudos.

Also, since this pretty much counts as 2013 news...

Lou Reed has died...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/28/arts/music/lou-reed-dies-at-71.html?_r=0
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-lou-reed-dead-20131027,0,4221650.story
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/27/lou-reed-dead_n_4167976.html

Of course, if you follow artists on social media sites you would've known about this already since there has been a gigantic wave of mournful posts. Just goes to show how much of an influence the guy really had on music. It's safe to say plenty of our favorite bands would simply not be the same if this man didn't exist.

MMLP2 has been leaked... while it has some mind-numbingly horrible moments, overall it was decent, I kinda liked it. At the very least it's better than Recovery...

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
my thoughts on mmlp

[1:35:25 AM] KING PUSH.: yea
[1:35:28 AM] KING PUSH.: exactly
[1:35:30 AM] KING PUSH.: i feel like
[1:35:32 AM] KING PUSH.: he made rap god
[1:35:34 AM] KING PUSH.: evil twin
[1:35:35 AM] KING PUSH.: bad guy
[1:35:37 AM] KING PUSH.: and some others
[1:35:42 AM] KING PUSH.: then dr dre put a gun to his head
[1:35:49 AM] KING PUSH.: to make tracks that will sell
[1:35:56 AM] KING PUSH.: to his 14 year old girl demographic

5/10

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ARTPOP leaked!!!! i love g.u.y, sexxx dreams, man.i.cure, and donatella!!
i love you.

my fav songs from this album so far is gypsy a beautiful ballad dedicated to taylor (her bf) my friend and i pretty much sobbed while listening to this for the first few times lol. and mary jane holland, which is about her struggle with depression and substance abuse and other inner demons; the part in mjh when shes like "cause i love love cause i love love, you betta than you betta than, myyyyyy darkest sinnn" tho omg so fucking good

i think what i love about these two particular songs is that it her voice is so raw and unedited in them compared to some of her other songs

g.u.y. is such a powerbottom anthem btw lol, and i feel like sexxx dreams is so much better live (then again her voice is so much more distinct and powerful live compared to studio versions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)