Pokémon The Best Fairy Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Odd, I've been destroying plenty of Garchomps and Noiverns with MegaGardy. And that's with Moonblast. Wait until Hyper Voice.s
A mostly specially based dragon(noivern) failing to kill a mon with great sp.def?I would never expect something like that. And Garchomp only loses when unboosted/not holding something to boost its damage output.

I will admit I forgot Mega Gardevoir, but that will be mostly used with offensive sets so it would be better classified as an ok check to physical dragons if it is still at full HP.

Azumarill considered deadlier than xerneas/fairyceus? Tffffff am I reading
This is the OU tier.

Also Azumarill is technically deadlier than Xerneas if played correctly because it gets Belly Drum+Aqua Jet, and Waterfall+Play Rough is a decent STAB combo. Even Ferrothorn is OHKOed by a +6 Splash Plate Waterfall after SR and one or two layers of Spikes.

Haruno

Skadi :)
Then what's even the point of this discussion? IM NOT ALLOWING YOU TO VOTE FOR THE BEST FAIRIES CUZ YKNOW THEY'RE THE BEST! So feel free to pick from all the other fairies that obviously aren't the best since we don't want a clear concise answer. What is this logic.

Then what's even the point of this discussion? IM NOT ALLOWING YOU TO VOTE FOR THE BEST FAIRIES CUZ YKNOW THEY'RE THE BEST! So feel free to pick from all the other fairies that obviously aren't the best since we don't want a clear concise answer. What is this logic.
If we allow Xerneas and Fairy Arceus then there is no point of discussing anything, and the thread would have died a few pages ago.

Talking about everything else is actually interesting since different people have different ideas on what will be good out of those.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
What is it that'll make hyper voice so much better? Isn't it slightly weaker? Or is it just that it can go through subs now
117 bp thanks to pixilate before it gets STAB. Going through subs is just a cool bonus when you basically have a pre XY reliable fire blast with good offensive typing.

Again, what's the point of having a "best" fairy topic if we're not allowed to discuss the "best" fairies. If there are fairies that are obviously better than the rest in both offense and defense then why not discuss them? That seems paradoxical in all honesty.
Apparently you don't get that I just explained it to you.

OK let's discuss.

Xerneas has Geomancy with Power Herb. It's way too good for OU. Even in Ubers, not that many things stop it after a Geomancy, the most obvious ones being Aegislash and Scizor. Ho-Oh and Poison Arceus die to Psyshock. If Xerneas uses HP Fire instead, it beats Aegislash and Scizor, which can be nice.

Fairy Arceus is an interesting Calm Mind user, since it has the strongest Fairy-type attack, BAP wise before abilities etc, in Judgement. Anything else it tries to do, another Arceus forme will probably do better.

End of discussion.

Now let's discuss everything else.

Again, what's the point of having a "best" fairy topic if we're not allowed to discuss the "best" fairies. If there are fairies that are obviously better than the rest in both offense and defense then why not discuss them? That seems paradoxical in all honesty.
Because this is about OU and Xerneas and Arceus are ubers? I mean, it's not hard to understand that much, right?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Azumarill just hits like a truck, and it has plenty of resistances to boast too in Water, Fighting, Dark, Bug, Dragon, Ice, Fire. Jesus, that's 6 popular attack types that give Azu a chance to wreck you shit. BellyAzu may be overrated but it's still a threat due to its ability to switch moves (Waterfall / Play Rough + Aqua Jet can KO a good amount of things) and the everlooming threat of a Belly Drum on the switch blowing the shit out of your Skarmory / Gourgeist / whatever physical wall you have that doesn't resist one of its STAB and is unfortunate enough to be unable to KO / outspeed. And of course CB Azumarill still hits like a bitch and has an STAB stronger than Waterfall and can use Superpower too, meaning non-physically defensive Ferrothorn kinda just dies on a wrong switch. Fortunately, checks like Sludge Bomb Tentacruel and Mega-Venusaur exist, and Azu is much easier to check than outright counter.

Klefki is an awesome supporter, it can do whatever your team sees fit. It can use Spikes, which it can spam against things that cannot KO it quickly, and it has both Prankster Thunder Wave & Dual Screens, both of which can not only halt the opponent's sweepers but also set up your own sweepers to roll right through them, especially with the help of Spikes by yours truly. Foul Play even comes as a nice tool for stuff that think they can setup on Klefki, like Aegislash and Garchomp.

They're the only Fairies I've tested so far, but I'm really liking them. Psyched to know what the other esteemed Fairies like Togekiss and Mega-Mawile can do.

Bad troll?

Anyways, I've been running a Mono Fairy team in OU and I've actually been doing really well! Klefki is single-handily able to beat Aegislash, Scizor, and Talonflame with a combination of T-Wave/Reflect/Foul Play.

However I honestly think one of the most threatening Fairy is Clefable. Clefable is kinda like a mix between Blissey, Sygliph, and steroids. She is able to tank physical hits and Calm Mind to take on special attackers as well. With Magic Guard, she doesn't have to worry about Ferrothorn's shenanigans and OHKOs back with a Fire Blast after a CM boost. Mono-Fairy typing is absolutely amazing defensively and it allows Clefable to come in multiple times, set up 4-6 CMs, and wreck things with either Moonblast or Stored Power.

I'd argue that Wigglytuff may be one of the better tanks coming from the Fairy side. Competitive gives it very strong offenses if it comes in on a Sticky Web, and it doesn't mind the speed loss. Immunity to Dragon and Ghost, resistance to Dark/Bug as well as neutrality to Fight/Bug and only two weaknesses in Steel/Poison. It has good bulk, despite its defenses(due to absurd HP) and can take advantage of Assault Vest to make a strong Special Tank. It gets amazing coverage in Fire/Grass/Ghost/Lightning/Ice/Psychic to hit just about anything it needs to. On a trick room team, this thing can possibly sweep. Not the best Fairy out there, but I'm a bit sad more people aren't noticing this thing.

And, hell, it's relatively easy to set up its ability given that Intimidate is somewhat common and Sticky Web is getting hyped up. It honestly depends on where the metagame goes, but I can see great things coming from this thing. Stat drops aren't uncommon, and this thing has just enough Special Attack to benefit from a +2 boost.

Last edited:
The best Fairy counter to dragons is probably defensive Clefable with Unaware and Cosmic Power/Moonlight/Stored Power/Moonblast. Actually, it's just a real good counter to any stat-booster and pretty forces them to use their phazer.

Togekiss wins in terms of ability to grind out matches: paraflinch is truly evil when it works. The only problem is coverage: Air Slash and ThunderWave take up two of your spots as is, so that forces you to use Shadow Ball OR Aura Sphere in addition to Moonblast for good coverage ... actually that doesn't sound bad at all :/.

Azumarill wins in terms of raw power: however, it should be noted that Fairy+Water is blah in terms of coverage, especially if paired with Fighting (Venasaur and Tentacruel wall it in OU, and I'm not sure bout the damage, but I'm fairly sure that Ferrothorn can at least threaten with Power Whip as a check).

Other than those three, I'm unfamiliar with the Fairy-type.

I don't know if tentacruel can be considered a wall to azumarill, CB waterfall is hitting it for roughly 33.88 - 40.22%, meaning tentacruel is losing about half of its health if it's switching into SR or a layer of spikes. It hits venusaur for 43.26 - 51.09% too, so it's limited to one switch in maximum. Priority seems to be very important so far in gen 6, making azumarill's aqua jet one of the game's top attack at the moment, and allows it to easily check things like mega gengar and mega t-tar as long as they don't have subs up.

If anything manages to pass azumarill some speed, a belly drum is basically gg with aqua jet / waterfall / play rough, and with something like klefki able to set up screens like nothing before it, this is nowhere near as hard as it used to be.

The best Fairy counter to dragons is probably defensive Clefable with Unaware and Cosmic Power/Moonlight/Stored Power/Moonblast. Actually, it's just a real good counter to any stat-booster and pretty forces them to use their phazer.

Togekiss wins in terms of ability to grind out matches: paraflinch is truly evil when it works. The only problem is coverage: Air Slash and ThunderWave take up two of your spots as is, so that forces you to use Shadow Ball OR Aura Sphere in addition to Moonblast for good coverage ... actually that doesn't sound bad at all :/.

Azumarill wins in terms of raw power: however, it should be noted that Fairy+Water is blah in terms of coverage, especially if paired with Fighting (Venasaur and Tentacruel wall it in OU, and I'm not sure bout the damage, but I'm fairly sure that Ferrothorn can at least threaten with Power Whip as a check).

Other than those three, I'm unfamiliar with the Fairy-type.
Just FYI, Togekiss doesn't get Moonblast.

Anyway, I'd have to say MMawile is amazing, but only if you haven't already decided to use another Mega on your team. +2 Sucker Punch is deadly to pretty much everything besides walls, and even they won't appreciate +2 Play Rough/Brick Break/Iron Head.

I was running Clefable on Showdown in Gen V OU and Ubers already, and even with its lack of resistances and weakness to Fighting back then it was amazing. Magic Guard is the best ability in the game—it was always delightful to be able to switch into layers of spikes and sneaky pebbles without as much as a scratch, or having stall teams desperately throw toxic, burn, and leech seed at it, and waste their HP on substitutes to try and hide from its amazing coverage. I have only played a bit in Gen IV, but it's only gotten better by the looks of it. In Moonblast, it has gained a powerful STAB, boosted further by the +10 increase of its Special Attack stat. With the right prediction, one Flamethrower can OHKO or at least severely cripple Steel types trying to switch in on it—and that is the only thing it needs to fear at all.
I cannot wait for Pokémon Bank and being able to get a Weezing into Y; then the core of my OU/Ubers Showdown team will finally come together in-game.

Azumarill because its been a respectable tank since the first time i ever played with marill, and not only is it easy leveling, it made the game easy to beat by getting him early game, the only issue is now poison jab is a pain.

Stupid swagger set aside, I still think it's klefki. Amazing defensive typing, good mixed stats, prankster twave stopping sweepers cold, great dual screener; it just does so much.

That would be interesting, but I somehow doubt it got it. Despite the fact that Chatot got it......
It'd be a shame if he didn't. If he did, he could be a hell of a switch-in with webs on the field. If you don't have a ghost to cancel the hit, there's not a lot that can switch into that safely without getting bit badly.

This is all theorymon, though. Wigglytuff, original master of the shout, doesn't get the best sound-based move in the game as far as I know. Weak.

Azumarill FTW!!!

I don't know you, but even after a Nasty Plot boost I still find Togekiss to be lacking... And I must say MegaMawile is a top threat, if it wasn't fodder for Will O Wisp...

It'd be a shame if he didn't. If he did, he could be a hell of a switch-in with webs on the field. If you don't have a ghost to cancel the hit, there's not a lot that can switch into that safely without getting bit badly.

This is all theorymon, though. Wigglytuff, original master of the shout, doesn't get the best sound-based move in the game as far as I know. Weak.
Man, if Wigglytuff got Boomburst from say an Egg move or Move Tutor, it might actually move out of NU. Exciting!

But yeah, as of now it's a bit underwhelming. Buffed for sure, but still meh. I'm a bit peeved that Wigglytuff has a lower BST than Clefable. Aren't they supposed to be like rival mons or something?

I suppose the thought behind Jigglypuff not getting Boomburst is, she's all about soothing lullabies and scribbling on people's faces than causing tremours with its voice? Actually I've got nothing, makes as much sense as the Lake Trio not being fairy.

Also I'm seconding, that Clefable is terribly underrated. It might actually be the most complete Dragon-counter available - thanks to Unaware, it beats any dragon without Choice items one-on-one (and even then, if you can clear off the rocks), if there aren't random Steel moves being thrown around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)