SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

gotten some decent stuff after trading away a bunch of my rotom breeding rejects, mainly just some filler stuff that i don't have yet, like hipopatas, and omanyte. nothing with super good IVs yet

Traded away some excess friend safari ditto, and manged to get:

4 IV Solar Power Naive Charmander
3 IV Modest JPN Goomy
3 IV Brave Honedge

Still getting an uncomfortable amount of JPN Ralts. Been releasing those along with the typical route 2 stuff.

Traded away some excess friend safari ditto, and manged to get:

4 IV Solar Power Naive Charmander
3 IV Modest JPN Goomy

Still getting an uncomfortable amount of JPN Ralts. Been releasing those along with the typical route 2 stuff.
Should you really be releasing the Ralts? Chances are they might be breeding rejects, or at least have useful natures with Synchronizer. You should check them before releasing.

Should you really be releasing the Ralts? Chances are they might be breeding rejects, or at least have useful natures with Synchronizer. You should check them before releasing.
I have been. They've all been... mediocre at best. Nothing with more than 1 perfect stat.

I have been. They've all been... mediocre at best. Nothing with more than 1 perfect stat.
Fair enough. I myself have a fair amount of JP Weedles/Caterpies/Fletchlings(non Gale wings) that I have recieved when sending out good mons. It's... not exactly a nice feeling. But then I get some really good JP stuff and that feeling goes away.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Traded an entire box of Fennekin spitbacks, got a shitton of breeding projects to start off with like Ralts, Honedge, HA stuff, and several Eevee. I traded off the junk I got until I got something usable, but I feel bad that the people who gave me useful stuff generally got said junk while the people who got Fennekins gave me crap. Oh well, I contributed my part and there's going to be a lot more where those came from....especially since I now have boxes full of quadflawless Fennekin. I'm probably going to try again later tonight when more Japanese and less cheap American shits are online.

EDIT;; Honedge turned out to be 31/31/31/31/x/31. Thanks, random kid!

Last edited:
I find this odd, because I usually have a sense of dread whenever the words "Hajimemashite, konnichiwa!" appear on the screen, because it means I'm about to get some Japanese kid's Route 2 nonsense, and it's usually explicitly American players I get nice things from. I figured this was from a lot more Japanese children buying the game and experimenting with the Wonder Trade, but they usually only send me Weedles, Bunnelby's, and Fletchlings. One Japanese Fletchling I got was Adamant with Gale Wings, but it has garbage IVs, and I can catch Fletchinders whenever I want -.-

I'm actually surprised at how useful Wonder Trade has been for me thus far. After derisively nicknaming it "Bidoof Trade", it's given me access to a bunch of hidden abilities and pokemon that would have been much harder to get.

My standard send-out is Scraggy, Impish nature, with Drain Punch/Fake Out and Intimidate if it happened to pass down (Impish is handy for physically defensive variants). I've been breeding them en masse pretty much just for wonder trade. Sound interesting enough? Still hoping for Anticipation Eevee one of these days...

I got a 31/31/31/31/31/x female Prankster Murkrow with Brave Bird that I've since started using to breed more, which sort of stunned me. Sadly I have yet to get any other quints, mostly just triple IV spitbacks. I did however get an Adamant xx/31/31/xx/31/31 Woobat with Klutz which, well it was amusing although I have yet to figure out how someone could've ended up with one, assuming they were breeding for a viable(ish) set.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I got a 31/31/31/31/31/x female Prankster Murkrow with Brave Bird that I've since started using to breed more, which sort of stunned me. Sadly I have yet to get any other quints, mostly just triple IV spitbacks. I did however get an Adamant xx/31/xx/31/31/31 Woobat with Klutz which, well it was amusing although I have yet to figure out how someone could've ended up with one, assuming they were breeding for a viable(ish) set.
They probably hadn't started using Everstones and only had an Unaware male to breed with Ditto. I guess.

Meanwhile, I got a fuckload of 30 IV pokémon on Saturday, and now I'm a couple Eggs away from hatching a 31/even/31/30/31/30 HP Fire Venusaur. What's with Japanese and their 30 IVs, I wonder.

They probably hadn't started using Everstones and only had an Unaware male to breed with Ditto. I guess.

Meanwhile, I got a fuckload of 30 IV pokémon on Saturday, and now I'm a couple Eggs away from hatching a 31/even/31/30/31/30 HP Fire Venusaur. What's with Japanese and their 30 IVs, I wonder.
Hidden Powers?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I find this odd, because I usually have a sense of dread whenever the words "Hajimemashite, konnichiwa!" appear on the screen, because it means I'm about to get some Japanese kid's Route 2 nonsense, and it's usually explicitly American players I get nice things from. I figured this was from a lot more Japanese children buying the game and experimenting with the Wonder Trade, but they usually only send me Weedles, Bunnelby's, and Fletchlings. One Japanese Fletchling I got was Adamant with Gale Wings, but it has garbage IVs, and I can catch Fletchinders whenever I want -.-
Oh, I'm not saying that I only get good stuff from Japanese, I just more often do. Personal bias probably; after all, it's different for everyone and all luck. 10pm-midnight Pacific is that sweet spot when the American kids are in bed and the Japanese kids are in school. After midnight I start getting a lot of crap again.

Thing is, it's in a Quick Ball - so their can't have been a Ditto involved. I mean the ability makes sense, the rng sucks at times, but it seems weird to see someone breeding quad flawless IVs and not be using an Everstone. I almost wonder if they were trying to Adamant to use as a parent but I don't see why they'd choose Woobat over Zubat in that case. Unless it can be used in some useful egg chain, but it only has Confusion. So odd.

Edit: Also noticed a typo in my previous post; the Woobat is x/31/31/x/31/31 so it being Adamant too sort of lends evidence to the 'parent' theory but /shrug

Thing is, it's in a Quick Ball - so their can't have been a Ditto involved. I mean the ability makes sense, the rng sucks at times, but it seems weird to see someone breeding quad flawless IVs and not be using an Everstone. I almost wonder if they were trying to Adamant to use as a parent but I don't see why they'd choose Woobat over Zubat in that case. Unless it can be used in some useful egg chain, but it only has Confusion. So odd.

Edit: Also noticed a typo in my previous post; the Woobat is x/31/31/x/31/31 so it being Adamant too sort of lends evidence to the 'parent' theory but /shrug
It's possible that they already had a quint or completely flawless father from another breeding project, so their initial wave of Woobats while they were breeding for the nature had abnormally high IVs.

If I have a 4-IV mother and the only way to get the missing IV onto her is from a 1- or 2-IV father, I usually drop the Everstone and use a power item to force the missing IV so I can replace the father as quickly as possible. I wonder traded a bunch of Regenerator Slowpoke with 3-4 IVs and random natures that I bred by doing that.

Just finished trade a bunch of Gastly spitbacks with Disable, along with Scythers. Received mostly garbage, pretty much expected aha, but got some notable things
4 IV Japanese Litwick
5 IV Smeargle
4 IV French Roselia with Sleep Powder, Giga Drain and Spikes, so saved me the trouble
Skill Link Shellder, the IV checker guy says its outstanding, but with only HP being perfect so I might as well check it

31/31/31/x/31/31
Adamant
Hustle
- Present
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Destiny Bond

I hope people like Delibirds! I'm trying to breed a shiny one.

Edit: Literally as I post this, I got a Japanese Delibird in return. Haha.

31/31/31/x/31/31
Adamant
Hustle
- Present
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Destiny Bond

I hope people like Delibirds! I'm trying to breed a shiny one.

Edit: Literally as I post this, I got a Japanese Delibird in return. Haha.
Why would you ever use a delibird without rapid spin?

Sent out a few leftover Magician Fennekins, Recover Lileeps, Calm Rotoms, Modest Cleffas, Modest Squirtles, and decent IV Staryus. Got mostly crap in return, even from JP folks, which irked me greatly. Did get some notable mons though.

2 IV JP Nincada named NINJA (might be worth breeding a Shedinja for lulz)
Docile JP Charmander named アアア (wtf is with all the terrible Charmanders with crappy natures I've received in the past week? Is there some kind of meme I'm missing?)
5 IV Lonely JP Mawile (Already have a 5 IV Adamant one, and it's in an Ultra Ball not a regular Pokeball so bias...)
4 IV Timid Frisk Noibat with Tailwind/Switcheroo (BREEDING PROJECT GOOOO)
Pokerus Hawlucha
Eevee with Double Edge (lol, Flareon?)
4 IV Adamant JP Mawile with Fire/Thunder/Ice Fang (Holy shit ok, this might be useful if I want to run another Mawile)
4 IV Calm Gooey Goomy (BREEDING. PROJECT.)
2 IV Adamant JP Absol (0 Atk IV, though. In a Luxury ball and is female, however, so might be worth it.)
4 IV Jolly Anticipation Eevee (...Leafeon? Flareon?)
4 IV Serene Grace Togepi (First Togepi! BREEDING.)
3 IV Timid Frisk Noibat with Switcheroo (eh, first one I got is better)

Was bummed in the beginning but getting a Noibat, Goomy, Absol, Eevee, and Togepi for breeding projects made it somewhat worth it. And another Mawile if I need one with Fire Fang.

This is seriously getting addicting. It's like gambling lol, you never know what you'll get.

Also, I'm starting to feel the squeeze of only 31 boxes (there is only 31, right?). I need to organize my boxes later and release all the crap I got to clear up space for new breeding projects.

Hmm...I know the addiction to it. The fact it has the potential to give a lot of good stuff does make it on the whole worthwhile to invest whatever you have going into the system. I got a few good things yesterday from my WT session again:
2 IV Ferroseed (but its generally Outstanding, plus has egg moves I'm missing on my previously received Ferro)
2 IV Snover (with 0 Speed... breeding with Ferroseed above me thinks!)
4 IV male Rough Skin Gible (have bred Gibles, but currently only with Sand Veil, so useful)
3 IV Binacle
5 IV Zorua (Just missing Speed)
3 IV Charmander
2 IV Scyther (best one received so far)
3 IV Smeargle
4 IV Froakie

As for the Noibat's the above poster collected, they sound suspiciously like what I was sending out. Did either of them have a nickname like S2e6 or something along those lines? If that is the case, that's one of my breeds!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)