Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just want to know the mechanics behind the friend code and friend safari.
1) Is it true that both you and your friend must be online for the friend safari in your game to generate pokemon with their hidden abilities?
2) What happens if your friend removes you from their 3DS friend list? Will their FS on your game disappear? If so, what if you saved inside the FS?
3) This is more of a 3DS question than a specific general one - If your friend deletes you from their 3DS friend list, do they get deleted from yours without warning? or do they turn into that grey character slate, similar to the one where if you added someone and they haven't added you?

Hey guys, I had a question about Power Trick... if I use Iron Defense with Doublade and then Power Trick, does the Iron Defense power-ups switch as well as defense?

For #1, you and your friend need to be online at the same time *once*. Then, even when you are offline, hidden ability pokemon will be there.

As for the last two, if you are offline nothing will change as your DS will have no way of knowing. Once you get back online, though, I'm not sure what would happen.

For #1, you and your friend need to be online at the same time *once*. Then, even when you are offline, hidden ability pokemon will be there.

As for the last two, if you are offline nothing will change as your DS will have no way of knowing. Once you get back online, though, I'm not sure what would happen.
Thanks for the clarification. It does make sense to be like that, otherwise it would very troublesome. I hope someone/others can answer/test questions 2-3.

Hi, I just want to know the mechanics behind the friend code and friend safari.
1) Is it true that both you and your friend must be online for the friend safari in your game to generate pokemon with their hidden abilities?
2) What happens if your friend removes you from their 3DS friend list? Will their FS on your game disappear? If so, what if you saved inside the FS?
3) This is more of a 3DS question than a specific general one - If your friend deletes you from their 3DS friend list, do they get deleted from yours without warning? or do they turn into that grey character slate, similar to the one where if you added someone and they haven't added you?
1 has already been answered so for 2-3...

2: If a friend removes you from their Friend list, it only affects their game, not yours.
3: I am not 100% sure about this, but I am pretty sure that if someone unfriends you on their 3DS, you will receive a message on your 3Ds when you go to your Friends list. Otherwise, I don't think anything happens. because I'm pretty sure people have unfriended me and nothing has happened on my 3DS.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You are not notified when someone removes you. They still appear on your friend list, but they will never appear as 'online.'

1 has already been answered so for 2-3...

2: If a friend removes you from their Friend list, it only affects their game, not yours.
3: I am not 100% sure about this, but I am pretty sure that if someone unfriends you on their 3DS, you will receive a message on your 3Ds when you go to your Friends list. Otherwise, I don't think anything happens. because I'm pretty sure people have unfriended me and nothing has happened on my 3DS.
The reason why I want to know is that we might be able to "abuse" this so that those with full friend lists (i.e ones with popular friend safaris) can delete people and those deleted will still have access to said friend safari.

What is the highest number of Pokemon one can have in the pokedex as owned pre-Pokebank (basically how far can one complete the pokedex right now?)

Unfortunately, no. You can increase the chances of hatching a shiny by using the Masuda Method, however. (The two pokemon used must be from different regions)
*By regions, we mean real-life geographic regions, not like the regions Johto and Unova, for example.

The problem I see is that MLati@s look exactly the same, which for me casts some doubt on the validity of the mega evo.
Well they're from the same guy who leaked the 3 event legends, and those are pretty surely legit. Though I do question typing's/abilities, because the person leaking Lati's twins mega's and 3 event legends, I don't think, specified anything other than their existance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)