Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new here and I was wondering if there is a thread for requesting specific trades.
There is. But it's in the WiFi subforum (go to the Pokémon main forum list, then down to WiFi).

It's the "Simple Trades" thread, should be a sticky thread at the top of the WiFi forum.

So... Let's say someone breaks my Excadrill's air balloon and there are hazards present, will I get affected by them?

(speed lowered, getting spike damage)
Only if he switches in after the Balloon is popped; if he stays in after losing it the spikes won't bother him.

Can someone please explain to me the justification behind a standard sableye in XY having a careful nature?

Its only real niche in the gen is prankster wow and prankster taunt. I figured that it would be better to make it more physically bulky so that it can actually handle physical threats. Or is the overall nerfing to special attacks this gen making a specially defensive sableye more favorable?

Is there anywhere to post rate my team threads? Specifically Gen6 Pokebank teams. I've built what I think is a good team and would appreciate some feedback on it. Thanks.

Can someone please explain to me the justification behind a standard sableye in XY having a careful nature?

Its only real niche in the gen is prankster wow and prankster taunt. I figured that it would be better to make it more physically bulky so that it can actually handle physical threats. Or is the overall nerfing to special attacks this gen making a specially defensive sableye more favorable?
I think it's a combination of the nerf to Special and the prevalence of physical priority (such as Mega-Pinsir's Quick Attack and Talonflame's Brave Bird) makes Physical more important at this point. But I think that's mostly a result of "ooh, shiny toy" syndrome which will balance somewhat as the metagame evolves and stabilizes.

What EV spread should i use on mega mawile 252 atk / ????? / ???
Swords dance, sucker punch, iron head and play rough
I advise investing in mawiles bulk, because its speed is pretty horrendous. so 252HP/252Atk/4Sdef would be ok.

A few other spreads are interesting though if you wish to outspeed walls that don't run Speed EVs;
84 Speed EVs will outspeed base 60 pokemon (such as jellicent)
92 will outspeded Ttar
164 will outspeed base 70's (such as skarmory).

Wouldn't recommend going any higher than that though, so pick what you want to outspeed and EV accordingly.

Assume I have Sticky Web up and a Clawitzer with a Mild nature and 252 Speed IVs. What speed tier (or notable things in particular) can Clawitzer outspeed?

Assume the same scenario, except Clawitzer has no Speed IVs. What can Clawitzer outspeed now?

I ask not because I am lazy, but I pretty much blow at knowing pokemon speed tiers and never used a speed calculator.

I'm planning to try out Zygarde on Wifi, but I want to exploit what makes Zygarde unique rather than just using it for the sake of using it (i.e. I'd run Garchomp if I wanted an offensive sweeper).
This thread details 3 different sets that Zygarde can run and none of them are completely outclassed because no other Dragon/Ground Pokemon gets Dragon Dance or Coil. The second set is the closest to what you're doing, but it doesn't actually have Glare listed (though you could still use it). I'd recommend Coil/Dragon Tail/Glare/Earthquake as you can always use something like Scizor to kill Togekiss and it also appreciates Paralysis support.

Although, 3v3's tends to be more offensive than 6v6, so I think you'd be better off with Extremespeed over Glare, anyway. Many Pokemon get 2HKO'd by an Extremespeed after a Coil or two and most Pokemon won't be able to OHKO provided you're at good health. Also, the combination of Earthquake and Extremespeed will also KO many Pokemon even if you haven't boosted much yet. I've been using both that Coil set and a more offensive one on Showdown and both have been working well for me.

As far as where this question should be asked, Uncharted Territory is definitely the place since it's a competitive question. The Battle Spot Forum would be slightly better, but there's actually no SQSA thread there.

best moveset foror togekiss?
Togekiss can run a few really awesome sets. Though normally you need team support for it to really shine.

Togekiss's most dangerous set is her Nasty Plot one, and even then Togekiss has quite a few spreads to choose from. Do you wan't your togekiss to be specially tanky or physically tanky is the question:

Togekiss Leftovers
Nature: Calm/Bold
EVs: 248 HP/252 Sp. Def/ 8 Spe or 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Dazzling Gleam/ Fire Blast

The calm one serves as a nice specially tank / sweeper (and good offensive special tanks are hard to come by these days without resorting to assault vest) and the second one serves as a physical tank that excels at killing dragons. I like the physically defensive one personally, I just think togekiss's type is better for it. I run it on my team and when paired with sticky web it absolutely wrecks face. If you aren't running sticky web you can replace a move with Thunder Wave or have Thunder Wave on another pokemon on your team. I highly recommend making togekiss faster than the opponent.

I think it was because of rough skin/iron barbs. Swap them out against a physical sweeper who isn't expecting it, and laugh as they take back a decent chunk of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)