Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I spent forever trying to get Articuno to rest at the Sea Spirit's Den, but I didn't save beforehand. Wanting to soft reset for IVs, etc I just ran from the battle, and now it says that Articuno's location is unknown in the Pokedex. Did I screw up?

I tried beating the Elite Four again as well as restarting. Neither moved Articuno back to the Den.
You could have asked this before you ran, lol. FYI, once the bird rests in the cavern, you can save before fighting it, and soft reset for IVs. This has been confirmed by other people.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
You could have asked this before you ran, lol. FYI, once the bird rests in the cavern, you can save before fighting it, and soft reset for IVs. This has been confirmed by other people.
I think the point was that he forgot to save, and was wondering if there was another chance to encounter them.

I think the point was that he forgot to save, and was wondering if there was another chance to encounter them.
Yeah, that was the case. I'd rather have caught it with less than ideal IVs and then just traded it for something else, but I didn't know it was a one-time thing.

As for your offer, thanks but I'm okay. I don't mind it all that much - I've got a full B/W 2 Pokedex anyways :p

I don't know if this is the correct thread for this, but I have a question about Masuda Method breeding: does anyone know if one American parent Pokemon and one UK parent Pokemon would work for Masuda breeding?

Also, is there any in-game way of knowing geographically where any particular Pokemon has come from if you have got it from a trade?

I don't know if this is the correct thread for this, but I have a question about Masuda Method breeding: does anyone know if one American parent Pokemon and one UK parent Pokemon would work for Masuda breeding?

Also, is there any in-game way of knowing geographically where any particular Pokemon has come from if you have got it from a trade?
If the pokemon is foreign, there will be a small black box with letters to tell original country, ex. Korea is KOR, Japan is JPN, French is FRE.

Very noobish questions, so please bear with me...
1. I've seen Aegislash with Adamant, Brave and Quiet natures, as well as a perfect IV in speed or a zero in speed. What is the optimal nature/IVs for a competitive Aegis?
2. Is Jolly or Adamant better for Kangaskhan? I'm planning on using one in both the Battle Maison and Battle Spot, and possibly random Wi-Fi battles too.
3. Is Jolly or Adamant better on Multiscale Dragonite? I usually just go for power, but is there anything I'm outsped and OHKO'd by in either the Battle Maison and/or Battle Spot/Wi-Fi Battles?

I don't know about 1. and 2., but I think Adamant Dragonite is superior. The only benefit is that a +1 Jolly Dnite can outspeed Aerodactyl (which is a quite common threat usually), while +1 Adamant cannot. Unless you run Ice Punch (and thus being walled to hell and back by Skarmory), you cannot harm Aerodactyl with the classic Outrage/Equake/Fire Punch Dnite, so you're better off using Adamant and switching wherever you see an Aerodactyl lead.

Edit: Ice Punch is a Gen5 tutor move even, so yeah, just run Adamant.

^ uhh no. adamant is better not for aero dactyl, a very uncommon pokemon who gets destroyed by outrage anyways, but for dragon dance power. And don't use ice punch on dragonite.

Aegi:
For mixed, go with Quiet/0
For physical, go with Brave/0
You want 0 for kings shield activating before other aegis.

Jolly/Adamant, it's up to you with kanga, it really doesn't matter.

Aegi:
For mixed, go with Quiet/0
For physical, go with Brave/0
You want 0 for kings shield activating before other aegis.
King's shield has priority +3. Fake Out speed ties with King's Shield (Aegislash is immune normally due to ghost type), and all other attacks are slower.

You actually want 0 speed so that, when you attack, you take damage in shield form before changing to attack form, and not visa versa.

Also, you want Brave if physical, Quiet if special, and either can work if you go mixed.

King's shield has priority +3. Fake Out speed ties with King's Shield (Aegislash is immune normally due to ghost type), and all other attacks are slower.

You actually want 0 speed so that, when you attack, you take damage in shield form before changing to attack form, and not visa versa.

Also, you want Brave if physical, Quiet if special, and either can work if you go mixed.
I worded that bad, you want it so you outspeed other Aegislashes before they kings shield.

I worded that bad, you want it so you outspeed other Aegislashes before they kings shield.
Except they outspeed you if you minimize your speed and they don't. Also, when two Aegislashes King's Shield at the same time, the order in which they King's Shield does not matter. You want them to change into Blade form by attacking before you do, so you take less damage, and for other base 60s (like Magnezone, Abomasnow, and Jellicent) to attack it while it is in Shield form, again, to minimize damage.

You also worded it badly, not bad.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Very noobish questions, so please bear with me...
1. I've seen Aegislash with Adamant, Brave and Quiet natures, as well as a perfect IV in speed or a zero in speed. What is the optimal nature/IVs for a competitive Aegis?
2. Is Jolly or Adamant better for Kangaskhan? I'm planning on using one in both the Battle Maison and Battle Spot, and possibly random Wi-Fi battles too.
3. Is Jolly or Adamant better on Multiscale Dragonite? I usually just go for power, but is there anything I'm outsped and OHKO'd by in either the Battle Maison and/or Battle Spot/Wi-Fi Battles?
You've been given some good advice already, but in case you want to see for yourself, here is a link to the old Battle Subway Thread, where you can find Speed Tier info about the pokes who are in the Battle Maison:
Black and White Battle Subway Records
and a link to the updated list of movesets for Gen 6 Battle Maision:
MaisonXY

Where would I go to post a theorymon thread? I put a TON of work into it and I'd love to post it!
Chesnaught, a good place to start theorymon-ing could be here:
Theorymon Discussion and Viability Ranking
or here:
XY NU Theorymon Discussion

The first link if for theorymonning new movesets/abilities/changes onto existing pokemon, the latter is for theorymonning who could end up in XY NU and how the metagame will be affected.

Yeah, that was the case. I'd rather have caught it with less than ideal IVs and then just traded it for something else, but I didn't know it was a one-time thing.

As for your offer, thanks but I'm okay. I don't mind it all that much - I've got a full B/W 2 Pokedex anyways :p
UPDATE!

I was running around catching Pokemon to finish up the Pokedex, and lo and behold Articuno showed up again! It's back to being a roaming Pokemon but I'm assuming it'll land in the Sea Spirit's Den after a few encounters.

So, it's not a one time thing apparently. At least not if you run from the encounter in the den.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
UPDATE!

I was running around catching Pokemon to finish up the Pokedex, and lo and behold Articuno showed up again! It's back to being a roaming Pokemon but I'm assuming it'll land in the Sea Spirit's Den after a few encounters.

So, it's not a one time thing apparently. At least not if you run from the encounter in the den.
It would be really great if you could update us on this to see if it starts the process over from the start. As in you have to run into a bunch of times, or whether its less or more :) Thankyou for letting us know!

It would be really great if you could update us on this to see if it starts the process over from the start. As in you have to run into a bunch of times, or whether its less or more :) Thankyou for letting us know!
It was about the same. I'd say about 6-7 times; I wasn't counting really. The hard part is it won't tell you where it is until you randomly encounter it again - it just says "Location Unknown" in the Pokedex as if you had never seen it before. After you do that, its location shows up in the Pokedex again. That's why I had assumed I missed out on it.

I'd ask in the pokebank changes thread, but this isn't really a competitive matter:

If a female pokémon caught in either a dream ball, or one of the HGSS exclusive apricot balls is sent over to XY, will the pokéball type pass on to any of its children?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd ask in the pokebank changes thread, but this isn't really a competitive matter:

If a female pokémon caught in either a dream ball, or one of the HGSS exclusive apricot balls is sent over to XY, will the pokéball type pass on to any of its children?
I know the apricorn balls pass. I'm not sure about dream ball.

Reactions: WPS

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does female Heracross have any visual differences to male Heracross? I presume it does with the model, but I haven't seen any online yet. Furthermore, does female Mega Heracross exhibit any differences?

Female Heracross have a shorter horn (slightly different shape, as well). It's the same as last generation. Not sure if the Megas are different, I have Y so haven't had a chance to test it yet.

If the pokemon is foreign, there will be a small black box with letters to tell original country, ex. Korea is KOR, Japan is JPN, French is FRE.
I have seen the black box mentioned, but I always thought that related to language, not geographical area? I have never seen a USA box, for example?

I just want confirmation regarding Serebii's post about the removal of Pokebank from the Japanese 3DS eShop.

Serebii said:
Nintendo have announced that they have temporarily removed Pokémon Bank from the Nintendo 3DS eShop. This is following hte massive influx of users on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U coming on Christmas, plus the addition of Pokémon Bank causing the Nintendo Network to drive to a halt. This means users cannot download it anymore and currently cannot access the features of the game.. It is currently unclear when Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter will return, or if the western release is delayed. They have made it clear that the 30 day trial for previously registered users will restart when it returns.
Edit @ 13:14: Pokémon Bank is now listed with a release of TBD (To Be Decided) on the North American and European eShops. We'll bring details on this as soon as we can

SOURCE: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
If this is true, it also means that the North American release of Pokebank will be delayed until further notice.

Edit: Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread/forum. I haven't been around Smogon since BW came around.

I just want confirmation regarding Serebii's post about the removal of Pokebank from the Japanese 3DS eShop.

If this is true, it also means that the North American release of Pokebank will be delayed until further notice.

Edit: Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread/forum. I haven't been around Smogon since BW came around.
The Bank is indeed off the JP Eshop (I have a JP 3DS, I checked). This does mean that the NA/EU releases are TBA.

At least I got my Serperior transferred before everything went to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)