Media One Piece (spoilers!)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
On one hand, i am amazed and happy about Fuji's badassness and great character overall, but on the other hand it's always a bit off putting to see your main bad-ass villain getting pawned before the protagonist kicks his ass. Not that any of us didn't know that Dofla < Fuji, and we already know that Dofla is deathly afraid of Kaidou, but seeing another guy humiliating Dofla removes a bit of the hype (which is admittedly huge though, so Dofla can afford a bit of swag loss). Still, can't wait for the first punch that Luffy lands on Dofla!

Oh, and go go go Sabo!!!!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whether you think Z is canon or not, I think it's reliable/legitimate as character development for Aokiji's character.

世は大海賊時代。
海にはワンピースを狙う海賊が生まれては消え、消えては生まれる
この新世界の海の向こうに、
ワンピースがあるから海賊が生まれるのか、海賊がいるからワンピースがあるのか
夢が先か、人が先か…
海賊が夢を追えば、温かな幸せや愛する者を失う人々の涙が流れる特もある
どうすりゃいいのよ?答えなんてあるのかよ?

"The world is in the Great Pirate Age.
In the seas, pirates who chase One Piece disappear as they're born, and born again as others disappear.
On the other end of this 'New World,'
Are pirates born because One Piece exists there? Or does One Piece exist because pirates do?
Does the dream come first? Or is it the people?
If there are pirates chasing dreams, it also means there will be times when tears are shed by those who lose the the warmth of happiness or loved ones as a result.
What should be done? Is there even an answer?"

Gdamn, gives me goosebumps all over again. Aokiji is such a bad ass. Anyways, canon or no, I'd refuse to acknowledge anyone who said that this Kuzan does not exist in the "real" world of One Piece-- I believe Movie Z is a fair development/description of Kuzan's character.

何者ですかと?骸骨にいわれたくないなー
ま、強いて言えば、「正義の味方!」?
てのも違うな。。。
あれ?
俺はなんなんだ?

ゾロ/サンジ:知るか!???

"What am I then?" you say? Well, I don't want to be be asked that by a talking skeleton but...
I guess if you had to ask, "the ally of justice!" ?
Mmm, that's not right...
hmmm...?
What am I exactly?

Zoro / Sanji: Like hell we'd know!!??

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Oh yeah that reminds me WHY IS HE STILL MILKING IT? WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN SABO'S FACE YET CMON.

I got exactly what I wanted this chapter with Fujitora. Issho's not only going after the Straw Hats, but he wants to abolish the Shichibukai system. He's outright declared that he wants Donflamingo taken down as well. Ultimately, his justice seems to be one based on helping civilians and fighting "the evils of this world"- it's very moral, yet compels him to be against pirates. Despite being the newest admiral introduced, he is a very profound character, and one hell of a badass at that.

To be honest, I feel the revolution is taking a bit of a backseat with the upcoming match between Jesus Burgess, Bartolomeo, Sabo, Rebecca, and I believe Diamante. As much as I dislike power rankings in One Piece, I would like to do some pre-match predictions.

• Jesus Burgess- Captain of the Blackbeard Pirate's first ship, (a title which is awfully similar to Marco's), this man is a bonafided badass. I wouldn't say he's Teach's first mate, but this man is powerful and has a high chance of winning. I say winning, but I don't think there's any chance that the Mera Mera no Mi will end up in Blackbeard's possession. He knocked out all of Block A in seconds, and made it clear from the get go that he became very threatening during the timeskip. I predict that he may win, BUT would actually lose the Mera for some reason- Someone could eat it, it could be a fake, it gets lost in the chaos of the revolution, etc. Based on his nature, I wouldn't be surprised if the other fighters team up against him.
  • Bartolomeo-I don't think he will win. It would be nice if he did, because he plans to give Ace's fruit directly to Luffy, but Bartolomeo's greatest edge in Block B was the surprise of his Barrier powers. No one expected the ability, and before Bellamy could attack (having figured out a way around the powers), King Elizabello II threw his king punch. Bartolomeo's powers are cool, but they don't seem to be the kind of things that can withstand Haki. Jesus can presumably use Haki, so the chances of Bart lasting long are very slim. I predict he's the first to be eliminated.
  • Sabo- we know next to nothing about Sabo's raw power, but I'd be willing to bet that he's an extremely skilled staff wielder and, like Ace and Luffy, can utilize Haki. He's already presented himself on friendly terms with Rebecca and decent terms with Bartolomeo. I don't know if he will win, but I'm confident he'll propose an alliance.
  • Rebecca- She probably won't win. Rebecca is a skilled warrior who is very fast, but speed won't be enough to overcome these powerful opponents. If she want's to win, she'll have to make friends in the ring, with Sabo seeming to be an easy ally. I predict she'll end up either eating the fruit (not very likely), joining the Straw Hat crew (possible), or become Dressarosa's ruler (possible, but I'm leaning more towards her Aunt gaining the throne).
  • and finally, Diamante. This man won't win, but he's going to be hard as hell to defeat. Donflamingo's top executives (Monet and Vergo come to mind), have proven themselves to be very powerful combatants. Considering that Diamante is the leader of an entire Donquixote army as well as the current colosseum champion, this guy is going to put on one heck of a show. I wonder if he can use Haki.
Well, that's my thoughts on the chapter and the future. I'd love it if you shared your own predictions :)

Last edited:
Oh yeah that reminds me WHY IS HE STILL MILKING IT? WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN SABO'S FACE YET CMON.
[01:34] <@Tobes> there's probably a reason his face hasn't been shown yet
[01:35] <@BAIKA> it's full of 10 year olds
[01:35] <&TFC> ah fuck
[01:35] <&TFC> vergo already basically did that
[01:35] <@Tobes> probably for the moment where dofla realizes lucy isn't luffy
[01:35] <@panamaxis> yeah true tobes
[01:35] <~aldarOFF> lol
[01:35] <&TFC> that makes it not as good
[01:35] <@Tobes> "That's...! But then, where is Strawhat?!"
[01:35] <~aldarOFF> enel / perona face for dd then?
[01:35] <&TFC> lol
[01:35] <@panamaxis> lol
[01:35] <~aldarOFF> man u r so right
[01:35] <@Tobes> *throne room door gets kicked off the hinges*
[01:35] <~aldarOFF> das def happenin
[01:35] <~aldarOFF> nice predix tobes
[01:35] <@uragg> csb
[01:36] <@Tobes> "RIGHT HERE FLAMINGO BASTARD"

it all comes tumbling down

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Humanitarian Justice <--> Absolute Justice
Fujitora -- Aokiji ----- Sengoku ----- Kizaru ------------------------ Akainu (---------------------------- Zephyr (Zetto) )

Peace <--> Order

Aokiji -- Fujitora -- Zephyr (Zetto) ------------- Kizaru ---------- Sengoku -------- Akainu

Good Guy <--> Evil Bastard

Aokiji -- Fujitora ------------------ Sengoku --- Kizaru ------------------ Zetto -------Akainu

Like him <--> Hate his guts

Aokiji -- Kizaru--Zetto--Fujitora------------------------------Sengoku--------------Akainu

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Humanitarian Justice <--> Absolute Justice
Fujitora -- Aokiji ----- Sengoku ----- Kizaru ------------------------ Akainu (---------------------------- Zephyr (Zetto) )

Peace <--> Order

Aokiji -- Fujitora -- Zephyr (Zetto) ------------- Kizaru ---------- Sengoku -------- Akainu

Good Guy <--> Evil Bastard

Aokiji -- Fujitora ------------------ Sengoku --- Kizaru ------------------ Zetto -------Akainu

Like him <--> Hate his guts

Aokiji -- Kizaru--Zetto--Fujitora------------------------------Sengoku--------------Akainu

What do you guys think?
In general i agree with your diagram, with the only difference beeing that Ao Kiji and Fujitora are my two most likable characters from those. Kizaru talks funny and is a weird badass yeah (has a cool gimmick too, of being ''slow'' while having the Light DF), but personality-wise he is pretty bland and boring.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
From a broad standpoint, Fujitora seems like he should be my 2nd favorite. The only reason why Kizaru and Zetto are both higher on my like list right now simply comes from them having more character development. I just really like Kizaru's design, fighting style, and funny mannerisms. Zetto is just a badass, and the movie makes you really empathize with him. Plus he has the same voice actor as Jiraiya, one of the other most awesome "old dudes of anime."

Fujitora though, will likely become my 2nd fave of the current+former admirals once he gets more development/screen time.

Also I wish I'd switched Kizaru and Sengoku on the evil bastard scale. lol

In general i agree with your diagram, with the only difference beeing that Ao Kiji and Fujitora are my two most likable characters from those. Kizaru talks funny and is a weird badass yeah (has a cool gimmick too, of being ''slow'' while having the Light DF), but personality-wise he is pretty bland and boring.
I agree with you 100%. Aokiji and Fujitora are very likeable.

Aokiji: Oh my my.
Nami: (scared) What, what is it?
Aokiji: Another very sexy lady with super big bazongas. Are you free tonight?

Aokiji's introduction puts me in stitches every time, but still displays his power, cool head, and merciful disposition (letting the straw hats live). From then on, he just gets more and more character development shown through things like flashbacks and his post-war actions.

Fujitora is immediately introduced with a smile on his face as he gambles and has a good time. After being told that he's being robbed, his demeanor changes completely and he displays his own insane strength as well as his thoughts on being blind. Like Aokiji, Fujitora is a very cool and deep character.

As with Kizaru, he's really flat as a character. I hate his "unclear justice"; one moment he's being silly and talking to pirates as he looks for someone, the next he's relentlessly destroying his enemies in combat. His attitude doesn't help thing's either, in that it's even unclear when he's being serious. I want to see more from Borsalino. Hell, even Akainu has been given character development in things like letting Aokiji live and his gardening hobby. Borsalino just remains frustrating.

Borsalino seems to me like a "don't give a fuck" character with an also easy going character, that kind who does as he is told without questioning, never going beyond directive, and seemingly being where he is because it's the best/strongest place to be.

My favorite part of the chapter. You know things are serious when Donflamingo loses his shit. Way to go, Sabo! I like how the sunglasses add to the disguise. As for the other events, Lao G seems pretty funny. I like that he got lost.

Also: HOLY HELL, PIKA'S FIGHTING LUFFY AND ZORO :O

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HOLY SHIT PICA.

Earth Logia y/n? A Mythical Golem Zoan would be pretty cool too (Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Golem?).

Last edited:
A Golem Fruit seems cool. I noticed he came out of the wall, so maybe he's a stone stone human. It seems like something as powerful as the Tsuchi Tsuchi no Mi wouldn't be eaten by a Donflamingo subordinate, but hey, he is the leader of Donflamingo's commando unit. I wonder what his personality is like.

>sunglasses
OOOODDDDAAAAAAAAAAA

uh ok going to throw out a prediction that when Sabo finally takes off his glasses people recognize him not as Sabo the Revolutionary, but as "assumed name here" the Shichibukai. This could happen for a few reasons; 1)Dragon could be trying to make contact with Kuma (especially if Kuma was supposed to be a double agent, 2) it contrasts Ace, who refused the chance to become a Shichibukai, and 3) it would troll the hell out of everyone because for weeks we would have to deal with arguments of "oh it wasn't Sabo after all"

Bonus points if Fujitora gets pissed off by Sabo abusing the Shichibukai system

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
>sunglasses
OOOODDDDAAAAAAAAAAA

uh ok going to throw out a prediction that when Sabo finally takes off his glasses people recognize him not as Sabo the Revolutionary, but as "assumed name here" the Shichibukai. This could happen for a few reasons; 1)Dragon could be trying to make contact with Kuma (especially if Kuma was supposed to be a double agent, 2) it contrasts Ace, who refused the chance to become a Shichibukai, and 3) it would troll the hell out of everyone because for weeks we would have to deal with arguments of "oh it wasn't Sabo after all"

Bonus points if Fujitora gets pissed off by Sabo abusing the Shichibukai system
Oh god please no. The last thing we need is a second wave of "EVREEWUN IS SABO!"

Would it though?
I mean, from just about every anime, we see all 5 elements. It might as well be a high ranking officer to a boss.
Earth is much more important of an element than snow. Its better than it being on another main boss, like the unknown shichi for instance.
Besides, we already got a very creative fruit from Diamonte, so give this one to Oda, haha. Plus, I'd like to see if he could put a creative
spin on using an earth type fruit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)