Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I just want conformation.
If you deposit all your Pokemon from Y into Pokebank then delete the save data for Y, can you withdraw your Pokemon into Y?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I just want conformation.
If you deposit all your Pokemon from Y into Pokebank then delete the save data for Y, can you withdraw your Pokemon into Y?
As far as I am aware yes you can. It is not like Ranch in that you need THAT file to withdraw stuff.

Simple question: How do I post sprites into my forum posts?
You need to find the sprite online, usually from sprites.pokecheck.org or veekun.com, and then uploading them by typing in
, with an actual URL where it says "url".

For example, since veekun's picture of Bulbasaur is at http://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/main-sprites/x-y/1.png, you would type in
Code:
[img]http://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/main-sprites/x-y/1.png[/img]
and get

How do you get a Greninja with Spikes it says it learns it at level 28 but you know it won't learn it because its not Greninja till level 36. and froakie and frogadier don't learn it while leveling up.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so I haven't booted up a fourth gen game in a while so I can't remember / never tried, can you attach pokeballs to your pokemon and trade them? I figured because of the whole females passing pokeballs to their babies in sixth gen thing it would be cool to get some Sinnoh 'mons in apricorn balls...

so I haven't booted up a fourth gen game in a while so I can't remember / never tried, can you attach pokeballs to your pokemon and trade them? I figured because of the whole females passing pokeballs to their babies in sixth gen thing it would be cool to get some Sinnoh 'mons in apricorn balls...
I believe you can't transfer apricorn balls to dppt. You can still get some sinnoh mons in apricorn balls, like starly in headbutt abuse for example.

What do you think, guys? Could Eviolite Piloswine become a thing? You know, in combination with Thick Fat, it sounds like it can take a couple of hits.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hordes give hidden abilities right? So, in theory, I could find a Rattled Whismur going through hordes spamming hypervoice?
Yes, although you're likely to knock it out.

What do you think, guys? Could Eviolite Piloswine become a thing? You know, in combination with Thick Fat, it sounds like it can take a couple of hits.
It was a thing last gen.

HOLY CRAP GROWL IS GENIUS. Yea, I learned the hard way that despite being a sound attack that Grass Whistle doesn't hit multiple foes.

Thanks so much for the tip.

Quick question about Pokebank. I just downloaded it and have been using it. When I transfer my pokemon, they do not have the blue pentagon. I know they are legit thought because I rnged and trained them myself. Is the pentagon only for new gen or should these old pokemon have it as well?

Quick question about Pokebank. I just downloaded it and have been using it. When I transfer my pokemon, they do not have the blue pentagon. I know they are legit thought because I rnged and trained them myself. Is the pentagon only for new gen or should these old pokemon have it as well?
All the blue pentagon means is that the Pokemon was caught / born in the kalos region. Your pokemon are perfectly fine.

Now that more people have Bank, hopefully someone can answer my question.

What language tag is put on the Pokemon you transfer?

1. The game they were bred/caught on
2. The game they were transferred from
3. The game they are transferred to

For instance, if I have a German swinub on my Japanese White 2 and transfer it to my English X, what language tag does it get?

Ok thank you. I was just scared for a moment.
Just to add a bit to this, to help out.

The blue pentagon doesn't do much except mark a Pokemon as being born in Kalos, and the reason it does this is because the VGC rules require it.

That is, a Pokemon has to both be in the Kalos Pokedex and be born in Generation 6 in order to compete under current VGC rules. (This, notably, means that moves only available in previous generations, such as tutor moves, aren't usable in VGC.)

So I recently bought a 16GB Sandisk for my original 3ds and attempted to transfer my files. My files consist of a digital copy of Pokemon X along with like several gba games. The problem is that after I transferred the files from my 4GB SD card to my 16GB one, the only file that showed up was the Zelda 4 Swords game. There are blank spaces where the other games should be. When I noticed this I just re-downloaded the games from the e-shop (at no extra cost) and while the games worked, there were no save files. Did I do something wrong? Cos I read later that your supposed to format the new SD card first which I didn't do, so does this mean that I've completely lost the save file?

How long is the duration of Pokerus? Some people say that Pokerus cease to be infectious after midnight when they are in your party, others say there is an invisible timer that only advances when they are in your party, and again others say it is regulated by a stepcounter.

What is true now?

How long is the duration of Pokerus? Some people say that Pokerus cease to be infectious after midnight when they are in your party, others say there is an invisible timer that only advances when they are in your party, and again others say it is regulated by a stepcounter.

What is true now?
It depends on the strain, some pokemon can take up to a week to be cured while others might only take a day or two. If you find a pokemon with pokerus in your game you can prevent it from being cured by leaving it in the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)