Murkrow, Meditite, and Swagger have been banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ideas like these here that create the unfair idea that these Pokemon are able to carry moves than they actually can.

"As long as it gets the move, it automatically applies" is an idea I do not agree with.
Pursuit is a very viable move on Pawniard due to its ability to trap a large amount of common Psychic-types and can be used over Stealth Rock / Swords Dance if the support it provides fits your team.

As for your second point, this post covers it fairly well.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I mean that's like if I said bulky Mienfoo beats Larvesta because it has access to Stone Edge. How many Mienfoo sets do you see with this move? It's certainly "viable" in this exact scenario. And the simple fact that Mienfoo gets this move absolutely means that Larvesta loses.

^ That is exactly what it sounds like every time someone in this thread adds a move to a Pokemon to support their argument.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mienfoo loses a lot of its utility by sacrificing one of its moves for Stone Edge. Meditite essentially has a free moveslot (two if you really want to argue, but I personally think Bullet Punch is non-negotiable, but that's my preference) to hit something that would otherwise beat it, or at least cripple it. There is a pretty big difference between these two.

edit:
Adam Lambert said:
Nobody said Murkrow is better than it was last gen. Murkrow is the same OP piece of ass bird it has always been in LC, literally. However, last gen, Murkrow was a necessary evil. It beat so many things that would otherwise have been a major problem, and without any other mon that could keep fighting-types in check as well as it could, that is clearly a major problem. This gen, however, we don't need the King of Birds as much, due to our newly acquired Fletchling, which handles fighters just as easily.
Keeping an overpowered Pokemon just so another Pokemon isn't overpowered is not a reason not to ban something.

Dracoyoshi8 She was referring to Pawniard not Meditite.

I mean that's like if I said bulky Mienfoo beats Larvesta because it has access to Stone Edge. How many Mienfoo sets do you see with this move? It's certainly "viable" in this exact scenario. And the simple fact that Mienfoo gets this move absolutely means that Larvesta loses.

^ That is exactly what it sounds like every time someone in this thread adds a move to a Pokemon to support their argument.
I wouldn't necessarily call the 2 scenarios comparable by any means. Stone Edge is only used on Mienfoo to defeat Larvesta and a few other checks, but forces mienfoo to lose a large amount of utility. Pursuit pawniard on the other hand, supports its team by Pursuit trapping things such as Misdreavus and unlike Mienfoo, it doesn't lose much by replacing SD / SR (although its role on the team certainly changes).

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Mienfoo loses a lot of its utility by sacrificing one of its moves for Stone Edge.
And what do you think this does to Meditite by sacrificing one of its moves for Fire Punch, or Poison Jab, or Fake Out, or Baton Pass? What if it wants both Drain Punch and High Jump Kick?

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dracoyoshi8 She was referring to Pawniard not Meditite.

I wouldn't necessarily call the 2 scenarios comparable by any means. Stone Edge is only used on Mienfoo to defeat Larvesta and a few other checks, but forces mienfoo to lose a large amount of utility. Pursuit pawniard on the other hand, supports its team by Pursuit trapping things such as Misdreavus and unlike Mienfoo, it doesn't lose much by replacing SD / SR (although its role on the team certainly changes).
Mienfoo can still run Drain Punch + U-turn + Knock Off, which is all it really needs; leaving a space for a filler move. Fake Out doesn't really offer much over an additional coverage move to be honest.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Mienfoo can still run Drain Punch + U-turn + Knock Off, which is all it really needs; leaving a space for a filler move. Fake Out doesn't really offer much over an additional coverage move to be honest.
Fake Out is horrible as coverage because it's very weak and super effective on nothing; it's really for chip damage, picking off significantly weakened targets, and breaking Sash and Sturdy, which is fairly important. It is not so easily discarded.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
@Briyella

Then it can run both? Hell, with Rocks up:

196+ Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 10-13 (37 - 48.1%) -- 87.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 10-12 (37 - 44.4%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196+ Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 196 HP / 196+ Def Exeggcute: 14-17 (56 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 196 HP / 196+ Def Exeggcute: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196+ Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 236 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Elgyem: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 236 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Elgyem: 10-12 (40 - 48%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196+ Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 196 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Baltoy: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 196 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Baltoy: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

The damn move is so strong it is practically coverage. And its not too hard to set up Stealth Rock in Little Cup. They can't switch in safely. I use LO Tite in the calcs because idk why you would run HJK on Eviotite, I think you get just enough out of Drain Punch. I guess Scarf could run it though

Last edited:
Fake Out is horrible as coverage because it's very weak and super effective on nothing; it's really for chip damage, picking off significantly weakened targets, and breaking Sash and Sturdy, which is fairly important. It is not so easily discarded.
Chip damage is pretty viable for getting those 'just barely lived it' KOs too. There are many times where this has won me matches.

What the fuck is this? As macle said you guys are writing novels. No need for a big behind list of calcs to prove if meditite or krow should or should not be banned. I can sum this up in 2 sentences. Murkrow should be banned because its speed and power along with it's wide arsenal of versility and it's dominant flying typing make it way to unhealthy for the metagame. Meditite should say because it is easily revenged by common pokes like fletchling, missy, murkrow, etc, and it's average speed along with counters like wynaut, elygem, honedge, etc make it not banworthy.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's statements like these here that create the unfair idea that these Pokemon are able to carry more moves than they actually can, when they don't.

"As long as it gets the move, it automatically applies" is an idea I do not agree with.
except you would see pursuit on every 3 of 10 pawniards you see as stats say. also just because no one is running an obviously great move that supports meditite in every way doesnt mean your core magically is a good answer when pawniard alone has 2 ways to break your core. first way being pursuit which means gg and second way is getting a sd and then sucker punching. idk how you get the swords dance theres a variety of ways it can happen in a non-linear game but once pawn is at +2 both trubbish and elgyem are ohkoed by sucker punch.

also im just going to mention that this is kind of different from the meditite situation in my head. you cant just be like OH MEDITITE USES fire punch because it just has other moves that are better for things that are more common and more irritating for it (like how it uses baton pass for wynaut who is infinitely more common than honedge). for pawniard though it has a free slot with 3 equally good moves. it can use brick break for pawniard, pursuit for missy, or some setup move for support / sweeping. with missy being so common (literally the most common pokemon in the good player usage stats) there is no reason to assume that pawniard would not run pursuit to beat the most common pokemon in the tier, over meditite running fire punch for the 28th most common pokemon. usage stats reflect how likely a move is to be used and misdreavus is definately used way more than any reason meditite has for using a situational coverage move.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I probably could have phrased that better. I didn't mean that Fake Out was good coverage, but Mienfoo still does what it does without it; that is, U-turning and Knock Offing, so Foo doesn't suffer much utility without it.

What the fuck is this? As macle said you guys are writing novels. No need for a big behind list of calcs to prove if meditite or krow should or should not be banned. I can sum this up in 2 sentences. Murkrow should be banned because its speed and power along with it's wide arsenal of versility and it's dominant flying typing make it way to unhealthy for the metagame. Meditite should say because it is easily revenged by common pokes like fletchling, missy, murkrow, etc, and it's average speed along with counters like wynaut, elygem, honedge, etc make it not banworthy.
If it were that easy we wouldn't have spent 9 pages discussing it lol. Those two sentences only sum up your opinion; there is much more to delve into when it comes to things like this. Also, sometimes calcs are necessary to drive a point home.

It is that easy. People are just restating the obvious. It doesn't take a whole list of calcs to prove that something is broken or not. Nor do you need to write an essay on how broken a pokemon is. IN FACT! When i first came into Little Cup at a glance i was mindblown about why murkrow was allowed in there. 85/85/91 sweeper stats are that of a decent gen 5 nu pokemon.

Mienfoo loses a lot of its utility by sacrificing one of its moves for Stone Edge. Meditite essentially has a free moveslot (two if you really want to argue, but I personally think Bullet Punch is non-negotiable, but that's my preference) to hit something that would otherwise beat it, or at least cripple it. There is a pretty big difference between these two.

edit:

Keeping an overpowered Pokemon just so another Pokemon isn't overpowered is not a reason not to ban something.
Meditite loses a lot of utility when it doesn't run Thunder Punch(or insert other move here). I'm pretty sure Stone Edge is actually more popular on Foo than Fire Punch is on Tits tbh since one of the standard sample teams that was really popular ran Stone Edge. So that was a dumb comeback.

In fact Stone Edge was used more on Mienfoo than literally any coverage move other than Thunder Punch was used on Meditite...
Fake Out 43.957% | | Taunt 20.606% | | High Jump Kick 20.136% | | Stone Edge 19.549%
Thunder Punch 41.978% | | Fake Out 36.333% | | Zen Headbutt 24.644% | | High Jump Kick 17.446% | | Poison Jab 17.357% | | Trick 16.116% | | Other 12.921% |

Also on the topic of Murkrow this gen vs last gen. Fighters are super popular now bc of Knock Off and Meditite and synergy with newly threatening Pawniard. Those make the meta very friendly to Krow. On the teammate side, Fletchling and Berry Juice Dwebble make fantastic teammates and were not usable in gen 5. Also Misdreavus makes a great teammate and compounds the "loves being in a fighting type meta" thing. Lastly, the sub BJ sets for Krow put the final nail in the coffin for versatility of Krow that is hard to reliably deal with.

Edit:
Pursuit 31.191% | | Stealth Rock 22.867%
So surprising that Pursuit is significantly more popular than Rocks

also my bad on using the word utility instead of usefulness

Last edited:
I don't understand how that makes Elgyem "not up for discussion" when Honedge and Slowpoke are countered by virtually the same pokemon. Knock Off ruins all meditite "counters", not just Elgyem. With prediction, it can be scary to come into, especially with Thunder Wave and the possibility of HP fighting/Thunderbolt... not to mention Analtyic... but I digress; this thread isn't about Elg.
I'm just saying that Elgyem isn't really relevant as pretty much no one uses it, whereas people (surprise!) actually use stuff like Slowpoke and Honedge. Yeah, they're still screwed over by Meditite's bff as well, but my point was that they are at least used.

Lol

Elgyem functions similarly to Porygon, and Porygon is "bait" for every Fighting-type in the tier, and there's at least one on every team. Most slow things are going to be bait for something and a good many of these have high usage anyway, and they have different issues; therefore Elgyem is not a worse case than mons of this category just because it's slow, it's only "bait" for different things.

Beating Meditite/Mienfoo/Pawniard (without Pursuit) is a damn good enough reason for me to run the Trubbish + Elgyem core, and I don't really need it for anything else. But don't forget the other important advantages that come with using this core, which include stacking Spikes and spreading paralysis, two crucial tactics that really help out a team offensively. It's also worth noting that the core beats the best cleric in the tier (Spritzee), to make sure that paralysis remains a problem for the opposing team. Sure, there's Chinchou for absorbing Thunder Wave, but it is beaten by this core as well because it has no super effective moves and they can both reliably recover health continuously while Chinchou cannot. It's also pretty widely accepted that Trubbish is like the best Knock Off wall of all time with its resistance to Fighting and its Sticky Hold + Berry Juice/Recycle combination. For the Pokemon that do give this core trouble, like Scraggy and Misdreavus... Trubbish/Elgyem is only 2 slots out of 6 for a team, and 2 mons being able to beat a handful of major ones (Meditite, Mienfoo, Pawniard, Timburr, Spritzee, Chinchou, other things that can't 2HKO and can't continuously recover health) while stacking Spikes and spreading paralysis is good enough for me when I teambuild.
Porygon actually has a use that doesn't involve checking one Pokemon. You said it yourself that Elgyem would lose a lot of its viability if Meditite was banned. If its only real point is in beating Tite and that's the only real reason you use it, then that stands as a testament to how broken Tite is. I could replace Elgyem with Spritzee or some other Fighting resist and the same would hold true for that core busting those other Pokemon open 9not to mention it would be far superior in terms of support), but it wouldn't be as good at handling Tite. I'm glad your core works for you, but it doesn't change the fact that no one really uses Elgyem, and for good reason.

I have no idea how you fail to see that having to run a Pokemon at #105 to counter Tite is ridiculous. It's about as reasonable as trying to justify Murkrow as not being broken because Lileep exists lol. I'm certain you can find a good core with Lileep, but it doesn't change the fact that Lileep's not too useful outside of beating Krow. Lileep beats Chinchou, CRUSHES Carvanah, busts Tirtouga, beats Abra, and can even check Fletchling. If I have a Krow counter that beats other top-tier threats, does that now make Krow suddenly not broken? Of course not, because Lileep's hardly relevant in this meta.

Edit:

It is that easy. People are just restating the obvious. It doesn't take a whole list of calcs to prove that something is broken or not. Nor do you need to write an essay on how broken a pokemon is. IN FACT! When i first came into Little Cup at a glance i was mindblown about why murkrow was allowed in there. 85/85/91 sweeper stats are that of a decent gen 5 nu pokemon.
Brokenness is determined by a Pokemon's interaction in the metagame, not by single aspects of the Pokemon (such as stats).

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
I'm just saying that Elgyem isn't really relevant as pretty much no one uses it, whereas people (surprise!) actually use stuff like Slowpoke and Honedge. Yeah, they're still screwed over by Meditite's bff as well, but my point was that they are at least used.
If we can take into account uncommon things like Meditite's Fire Punch, I think its fair to take in account counters who don't see much usage as well, like Elg.

Porygon actually has a use that doesn't involve checking one Pokemon. You said it yourself that Elgyem would lose a lot of its viability if Meditite was banned. If its only real point is in beating Tite and that's the only real reason you use it, then that stands as a testament to how broken Tite is. I could replace Elgyem with Spritzee or some other Fighting resist and the same would hold true for that core busting those other Pokemon open 9not to mention it would be far superior in terms of support), but it wouldn't be as good at handling Tite. I'm glad your core works for you, but it doesn't change the fact that no one really uses Elgyem, and for good reason.

I have no idea how you fail to see that having to run a Pokemon at #105 to counter Tite is ridiculous. It's about as reasonable as trying to justify Murkrow as not being broken because Lileep exists lol. I'm certain you can find a good core with Lileep, but it doesn't change the fact that Lileep's not too useful outside of beating Krow. Lileep beats Chinchou, CRUSHES Carvanah, busts Tirtouga, beats Abra, and can even check Fletchling. If I have a Krow counter that beats other top-tier threats, does that now make Krow suddenly not broken? Of course not, because Lileep's hardly relevant in this meta.
I don't want to sound rude here, but you just argued against your own point. You stated "Lileep is not too useful outside of beating krow" then explicitly listed other reasons why Lileep is good. That argument may be a good one against Krow banning if Lileep was actually a reliable source of countering Krow, but alas, its not. Also, Lileep would only be like the 4th viable pokemon capable of standing up to Murkrow; as opposed to the many who can counter Medititie (that is, depending on the move its running).

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Meditite loses a lot of utility when it doesn't run Thunder Punch(or insert other move here). I'm pretty sure Stone Edge is actually more popular on Foo than Fire Punch is on Tits tbh since one of the standard sample teams that was really popular ran Stone Edge. So that was a dumb comeback.

In fact Stone Edge was used more on Mienfoo than literally any coverage move other than Thunder Punch was used on Meditite...
Fake Out 43.957% | | Taunt 20.606% | | High Jump Kick 20.136% | | Stone Edge 19.549%
Thunder Punch 41.978% | | Fake Out 36.333% | | Zen Headbutt 24.644% | | High Jump Kick 17.446% | | Poison Jab 17.357% | | Trick 16.116% | | Other 12.921% |
Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Poison Jab, etc don't give Meditite utility, its a way to beat what would otherwise counter it. That's called coverage. Utility refers to support options, such as Taunt, U-turn, Fake Out, Knock Off, Baton Pass, etc. Now I was referencing the Mienfoo (and I assume Bri was referencing) which I see the most, which really relies on setting up momentum, scouting and removing items with safety thanks to Drain Punch and Regenerator. Perhaps I should have made that more clear. Essentially, it's playing support, or utility. So is it worth it to give up a support option to run a coverage move? (I am inclined to believe that U-turn/Knock Off are pretty mandatory) It may be, depending on what your team needs.

Now if you are using Choice Scarf or Life Orb or Swords Dance or something along those lines, Stone Edge away

Also, idk what you are trying to say by comparing usage stats between Meditite and Mienfoo

edit: the point I am trying to make is that Meditite doesn't give up utility by not running Thunder Punch, because you don't use Thunder Punch to support the rest of your team. It's used for coverage. Although, I guess if you kill Slowpoke, you are technically supporting the rest of your team? But in that case, what does that make Meditite?

The philosophy of Pokemon

Last edited:
If we can take into account uncommon things like Meditite's Fire Punch, I think its fair to take in account counters who don't see much usage as well, like Elg.
The difference between Fire Punch Meditite and Elgyem is that Fire Punch is a viable coverage move that Meditite can use to bypass some of its counters (Exeggcute and Honedge) whereas Elgyem is a shitty version of Porygon whose sparse amount of viability comes from countering Meditite. I wouldn't call the two comparable at all.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Slowpoke is weak to Thunder Punch, Meditite's most common coverage move, and is 2HKOed by it. Elgyem is not and can take two.

Honedge's ability to punish switches it forces is severely lacking in comparison to that of Elgyem (the most it can do is Swords Dance or Autotomize), and Honedge additionally has no means of continuous recovery, whereas Elgyem does.

I have no idea how you fail to see that having to run a Pokemon at #105 to counter Tite is ridiculous.
I don't care what its usage stats say if it does the job I specifically want it to do the vast majority of the time, while also providing paralysis support and is protected from Knock Off by a Spikes stacking teammate that is put there to deal with it.

It's about as reasonable as trying to justify Murkrow as not being broken because Lileep exists lol. I'm certain you can find a good core with Lileep, but it doesn't change the fact that Lileep's not too useful outside of beating Krow. Lileep beats Chinchou, CRUSHES Carvanah, busts Tirtouga, beats Abra, and can even check Fletchling. If I have a Krow counter that beats other top-tier threats, does that now make Krow suddenly not broken? Of course not, because Lileep's hardly relevant in this meta.
Umm what lol

236 Atk Life Orb Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 228 HP / 220+ Def Eviolite Lileep: 12-16 (46.1 - 61.5%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO

This is standard Murkrow. This comparison makes zero sense, and if you're talking about checking instead of countering, the example you're using is completely different than Elgyem dealing with standard Meditite.

With all due respect to everyone posting, the thing I mentioned about Stone Edge Mienfoo was just an example and I didn't mean for it to go off on a tangent that distracts the thread from what the discussion should really be about. I also don't mean to make this thread all about defending Elgyem but when people keep attacking it as an answer to Meditite, I'm doing what I can in response because I find it effective and want people to know it's effective. However, I think this thread could probably get a little back on track about Meditite and less about Mienfoo and Elgyem now. ♥

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
The difference between Fire Punch Meditite and Elgyem is that Fire Punch is a viable coverage move that Meditite can use to bypass some of its counters (Exeggcute and Honedge) whereas Elgyem is a shitty version of Porygon whose sparse amount of viability comes from countering Meditite. I wouldn't call the two comparable at all.
Here I go trying to be respectful and informative and the trash talk comes forth once again. Porygon loses to Meditite, Elgyem does not. This suspect is about Meditite, not Elgyem's usage stats. I already demonstrated many times that Elgyem + Trubbish beats Mienfoo, Meditite, Pawniard, Spritzee, Timburr, Chinchou, etc and it stacks Spikes and spreads paralysis for the rest of the team reliably as well. It is also self-sustaining and has weaknesses just like everything does. Its merits are already known and so are its boundaries. If you don't want to use it, that does not disprove its strengths and advantages, and we can stop arbitrarily calling it shitty now.

Yeah but it's still and obscure pokemon, that isn't considered in most teams even with that unique niche. RestTalk Mantyke can beat Yanma, as can rest talk munchers, and Swablu. In my opinion these are decent mons, but I still wouldn't consider them in a serious team (Well maybe only 2/3) because of their notable flaws. Yeah they can do the job, but they don't anything else but just beat the threat I want. I mean what other reason would you use Elgyem other than beat Meditite? Even then Elgyem can't wall all forms of Meditite.

Also Taunt Foo can beat that core.

Here I go trying to be respectful and informative and the trash talk comes forth once again. Porygon loses to Meditite, Elgyem does not. This suspect is about Meditite, not Elgyem's usage stats. I already demonstrated many times that Elgyem + Trubbish beats Mienfoo, Meditite, Pawniard, Spritzee, Timburr, Chinchou, etc and it stacks Spikes and spreads paralysis for the rest of the team reliably as well. It is also self-sustaining and has weaknesses just like everything does. Its merits are already known and so are its boundaries. If you don't want to use it, that does not disprove its strengths and advantages, and we can stop arbitrarily calling it shitty now.
I was never talking about Elgyem's usage in the tier, but how it is generally a shitty Pokemon in the tier. I get that it counters Meditite, but what else can it do that Porygon can't? It can't counter chinchou nearly as well as Porygon due to the lack of trace, has worse defense and Special attack, is even more prone to Knock off than Porygon and is all around less versatile.

I know I'm not suppose to discuss Elgyem in suspect test for tite / Krow, but I would just like to get that out of the way.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I was never talking about Elgyem's usage in the tier, but how it is generally a shitty Pokemon in the tier. I get that it counters Meditite, but what else can it do that Porygon can't? It can't counter chinchou nearly as well as Porygon due to the lack of trace, has worse defense and Special attack, is even more prone to Knock off than Porygon and is all around less versatile.

I know I'm not suppose to discuss Elgyem in suspect test for tite / Krow, but I would just like to get that out of the way.
It has the resistances it needs to fulfill this role. Porygon does not. Porygon's strong points might shine more in this case if this were a Misdreavus suspect, but it isn't, so I'm sticking to what's relevant. Also, Elgyem's STAB Psychic backed by Analytic hits a lot harder than Porygon's Tri Attack and is actually super effective on things too. Being prone to Knock Off shouldn't even be talked about as a problem for Elgyem anymore since I only advocate its use with Trubbish to cover this specific problem.

Yeah they can do the job, but they don't anything else but just beat the threat I want. I mean what other reason would you use Elgyem other than beat Meditite?
- Stacks Spikes to help out team offensively
- Spreads paralysis to help out team offensively
- Beats Spritzee, the best LC cleric, to ensure that paralysis remains a problem
- Beats every Fighting-type besides Scraggy
- Recover and BJ/Recycle make this core self-sustaining and not easy to bring down since it has key resistances to fulfill its role and the above roles
- Doesn't care about most neutral hits and recovers off this damage easily
- Earthquake is now relatively uncommon

Last edited:
I feel like the discussion's beginning to die down, so I figured I'd throw in a final tidbit about the whole "Meditite has no counters" thing.

Even if you don't know what coverage move Meditite is using, it's still fairly easy to play around and figure out which one it is using.
Take Spritzee for example. Unless Meditite runs Poison Jab, Spritzee walls it. So if your Spritzee is out against the opponent's Meditite, how do you know which coverage move its using? Figuring this out hinges on what the opposing Meditite does. If faced with something that normally walls it, Meditite is pretty much forced to do one of 2 things: use the appropriate coverage move or switch out. If it doesn't, it risks being 2HKOed or otherwise crippled for the rest of the match. So, switching into something that resists Meditite's coverage moves is a safe option, unless your opponent is an exceptional predictor and calls your bluff. If the Meditite user switches out, you know that Meditite isn't running the right coverage move and you can freely switch in your counter. If it uses the right coverage move, you can plan accordingly. From the anti-ban side, the fact that Meditite loses to walls its supposed to beat with the right coverage move with a small amount makes it not broken . However, from the pro-ban side, the fact that you have to force a mind game just to counter something 75% of the time clearly makes it broken.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)