Murkrow, Meditite, and Swagger have been banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have no aspiration to get on the voting board, but I'll make my thoughts clear.

Murkrow

-hits hard af with LO set
-fucks people over with prankster
-SuperCrit set if you like that
-2HKO's entire tier.

-Should it be banned? Yes
-Is it making LC not fun? No(IMO)
-Combo of 1+2 deter people from LC? Yes.

Meditite

-decent bulk with Evio set
-powerful wallbreaker with LO
-Scarf set improves it's subpar speed
-unlike murkrow, this thing has checks and counters.

Should it be banned? No
Making LC not fun? No
Combo of 1+2? No

Sorry for the horrid quality, just thought I should say something XD

The thing is, you can pair meditite with a pursuit trapper like pawniard and all of its counters are dead weight.
Overheat/FlameCharge Fletching can defeat a Pawniard, Fletching can survive a non-boosted Sucker Punch coming from a +236 Atk Pawniard.
also, +236 Atk Gale Wings Fletching w/o a held item Acrobatics can OHKO a Meditite with Eviolite.

Honedge can also survive a +236 Atk Sucker Punch from a Pawniard(thanks to its 100 base Defense stat) and can OHKO a Pawniard using Sacred Sword.
Same as its Shadow Claw against Meditite with Eviolite. Even Shadow Sneak is fatal for Meditite.

Overheat/FlameCharge Fletching can defeat a Pawniard, Fletching can survive a non-boosted Sucker Punch coming from a +236 Atk Pawniard.
also, +236 Atk Gale Wings Fletching w/o a held item Acrobatics can OHKO a Meditite with Eviolite.

Honedge can also survive a +236 Atk Sucker Punch from a Pawniard(thanks to its 100 base Defense stat) and can OHKO a Pawniard using Sacred Sword.
Same as its Shadow Claw against Meditite with Eviolite. Even Shadow Sneak is fatal for Meditite.
Fletching isn't a counter and I'm pretty sure eviolite Honedge is ko'ed after a bit of prior damage with knock off or gets fatally weakened with pursuit if it switches. Ps no sane person will SP against Honedge.
Edit: I can't calc right now. When I get home I'll calc to see how much knock off does against honedge.

Fletching isn't a counter and I'm pretty sure eviolite Honedge is ko'ed after a bit of prior damage with knock off or gets fatally weakened with pursuit if it switches. Ps no sane person will SP against Honedge.
Edit: I can't calc right now. When I get home I'll calc to see how much knock off does against honedge.
without Eviolite, Honedge gets OHKO by Knock Off.
236+ Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Honedge: 14-20 (66.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Fletching can at least bring down Pawniard/Meditite combination.
switching in a Pawniard and wall a 110BP Acrobatics deals:
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Pawniard: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 32.8% chance to 3HKO
and Overheat:
0- SpA Fletchling Overheat vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Pawniard: 14-18 (66.6 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And 110BP Acrobatics on Meditate:
236+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Meditite: 18-24 (94.7 - 126.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
not 100% but can be fatal if Meditite survived.

I never said that the tite + pawniard core is an ubeatable core. I just said Pawniard eliminates meditite's counters which is mostly true as even a knock off taken Honedge is almost of no use. I'm not gonna respond to your Fletching calcs because it has nothing to do with my point.
Edit: But you're right to an extent. Overall Honedge and Slowpoke are a bit trickier to remove.

Incumbent Permanent Council:

Goddess Briyella prem apt-get Heysup Corkscrew macle

Newest Permanent Council: Chieliee

Rotating Council:

Artemisa Kappaten The Unlucky one Corporal Levi

Thank you everyone for participating in the thread, and congratulations Chieliee for being the newest member of the permanent council. Chieliee, Artemisa, Kappaten, The Unlucky One, and Corporal Levi will all receive a full vote contributing towards Tiering Contributor. Everyone else received a half vote.

Send me and macle votes + paragraphs (can be short) for Murkrow and Meditite. Also submit a vote for Swagger (paragraphs not needed).

6 votes to ban, good luck.

edit: Our mistake, Dracoyoshi8 never received reqs, so he is not eligible for rotating council.

edit2: I guess, due to inconsistent number of council members, I will make a clarification here. There will be either 11 or 12 council members per round. If there is 11, it takes 6 to ban a suspect. If there is 12, it takes 7. Don't get mad at me, I'm winging this whole leader thing anyways.
edit3: forgot no treecko, oops

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)