Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
tbqh the only thing that irked me was the order they put the titles (the irony)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I hope they bring back contests the way they were in gen 3. They were incredibly fun.
I've thought about that too. And my conclusion was... a little depressing.

The GBA didn't have a touch screen, or a microphone, or a gyroscope or all those fancy things the DS enjoys. The designers had to do it simple when they designed the contests and PokéBlocks (whose recipe involved only pressing the A button at the right interval).

In comparison, the DS and later the 3DS are stuffed full of bells and whistles. And I doubt GameFreak will manage to keep their hands off those when re-creating contests. I predict it will be a lot like BW musicals, with costumes, and PokéBlock-making minigames, and dancing and several judges or what have you. We loved the contests for being simple, but that was because the designers were constrained within the limits of the console. Now they're free to do almost whatever they want. Let's just hope they still want to keep it simple.

EDIT:
Please, everything but mega Plusle and Minun.
Actually, I doubt they will get Megas. I mean, Plusle and Minun were created to emulate Pikachu showcase Double Battles. Their single gimmick is fighting together, boosting each other's moves. Why make Mega Evolutions of them if they can't fight alongside each other? You're only allowed one active Mega Stone per party anyway, and would only be allowed to MEvolve one of them per battle.

I hope they bring back contests the way they were in gen 3. They were incredibly fun.
I was just thinking about this... The return of contests? Maybe we can evolve milotic by maxing out beauty again

And maybe well get a 6th gen safari

I'm sure we'll get the 14 berries were missing and... Pokeblocks?

I'm in agreement with others that it seems well get groudon/kyogre mega. I want a mega for flygon and swampert too

Sap sipper mega swampert would be effing amazing. Do it gf >:(

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
The real question is: are the Frontier Brains and Battle Frontier coming back?

AND ARE WE GETTING THE TUTOR MOVES BACK TO ACTUALLY BEING POSSIBLE TO GET

Also is Mirage Island coming back? Liechi paradise here I come!

Last edited:
I can actually participate in Contests again (ASSUMING they'll be in the same style as the original contests)! n_n Since every form of Contests after Gen III was quite lackluster, I hope they'll keep the same style (for lack of better words), this time around!

I hope so. .___. As long as they were in the same style (or hopefully improved in some way) as the original battle frontier, since that was the best one.

Actually, I doubt they will get Megas. I mean, Plusle and Minun were created to emulate Pikachu showcase Double Battles. Their single gimmick is fighting together, boosting each other's moves. Why make Mega Evolutions of them if they can't fight alongside each other? You're only allowed one active Mega Stone per party anyway, and would only be allowed to MEvolve one of them per battle.
You can only have one mega evolution per game so fuck you Plusle and Minun.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Also guys, do you think we are getting the Trumpet music back? Because I think we defiantly should since its one of my favorite parts of the games.
Trumpet form meloetta get hype.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I've thought about that too. And my conclusion was... a little depressing.

The GBA didn't have a touch screen, or a microphone, or a gyroscope or all those fancy things the DS enjoys. The designers had to do it simple when they designed the contests and PokéBlocks (whose recipe involved only pressing the A button at the right interval).

In comparison, the DS and later the 3DS are stuffed full of bells and whistles. And I doubt GameFreak will manage to keep their hands off those when re-creating contests. I predict it will be a lot like BW musicals, with costumes, and PokéBlock-making minigames, and dancing and several judges or what have you. We loved the contests for being simple, but that was because the designers were constrained within the limits of the console. Now they're free to do almost whatever they want. Let's just hope they still want to keep it simple.

EDIT:

Maybe in Houenn, they have something different from Mega, but they do have something special that can allow more than one Pokemon in the team to do it.

They did say that Megas was what's special about Kalos.

i was thinking this after i made my first post and i honestly hope they do come back, emerald was my favorite of the 3 simply because of the frontier and spending hours at the battle dome trying to get that shot at that flamboyant pixie guy

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Expected, but still very exciting. Hoenn was awesome. Hopefully they will release a gameplay trailer soon.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Well, they'll have to remove this stupid "only one mega per team" restriction sooner or later, so introducing that with Mega Plusle and Minun would make perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)