Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it'd be a lot less trouble to just add an exception for Plusle and Minun being used together. Or even go so far as to make it so they have to be used together for the M-stones to work.

Maybe it's not Mega, but a new thing?
Could be new formes like the knotch-ear pichu. I do like their design, but i can't imagine giving them +100 BST (which would only be 505), a new ability, and calling it a day will suddenly make them useful

If they do get a mega, I reckon it will make them more useful in doubles and little to no impact in singles. Like a buffed up version of plus/minus but without the restriction of needing both active Pokemon with the abilities, where they increase the efficacy of their partner rather than themselves

I am excited for this. I think that we all should have known or suspected when lati@s got megas. Im leaning more towards a new game as opposed to a remake. The graphics and new view were well received in xy, so it would seem a waste to just remake the games as opposed to completely reinventinv the games. The potential is just limitless going from gba to the fully immersive 3d environment. Can you imagi.e what the battles between kyogre and groudon will look like in 3d?????

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
A fused together Plusle and Minun seems awfully strange compared to mega evolution, though I can see the positives and negatives of both sides.
Thats a terrible pun, but yeah I'm wondering if this means Sceptile and Swampert are getting megas, if they do Mega Swampert is obviously getting Damp -_-

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i loved the frontier but ANYTHING from these games will make me buy a 3ds just to play them.

Well I'd bet money on Mega-Latias and Mega-Latios coming from these games. Aside from that I'm not really sure of anything else though.

I did a pretty close up analysis of the differences between Kyogre and Groudon's previous depictions and those on the artwork and while there are minor (and somewhat major, especially on Kyogre's head) difference in patterns, the shape of them hasn't changed at all. This leads me to believe that these being straight mega-evolutions is unlikely. Every Mega-evolution so far has had some sort of dramatic difference to shape and form, and these just don't have the same level of changes those do. That doesn't rule the possibility out entirely of course, but I'm leaning towards some other mechanic that causes a form change of some sort, or even just a species specific item (a la Soul Dew, Adamant Orb, etc.) that slightly alters appearance.

As for other mega-evolutions, I have no friggin' clue. It seems plenty possible that the other two Hoenn starters will get Megas (and would be kinda unfair if they didn't) but we don't really have any evidence for that happening. Hell, in some ways we have evidence against it with those statements in the game that Mega Evolution is unique to Kalos. Though, that doesn't hold a lot of water for me; it's a statement made by characters in the game and mega evolution is presented as something they're just beginning to understand. It could simply be that mega-stones are much more common in Kalos than elsewhere, and the characters in X&Y simply haven't heard of them being encountered elsewhere yet.

What really interests me is the possibility of these not being straight remakes. They kept on emphasizing a new adventure and a new world to explore. Either this is some seriously misleading advertising (entirely possible) or this won't take place in the exact same Hoenn we know and love. Whether it'll be sequels, a region expansion (like in B2W2), a whole new region (lolno) or something else entirely, I don't know. I'm excited to find out though. I just hope that it isn't just shitty marketing though.

And the tutors. If they aren't doing the third game first, then at least bring in the tutors moves as well already.

Hope they do something cool with Rayquaza.
In point of fact they did that in gen 3. FireRed and LeafGreen had (imperfect) move tutors of their own before Emerald did, so they probably will add them in and have SOME type of frontier-thing in the game (though I admit the Maison was a lot for the first game in the series, lol).

And as for all of the "new world" stuff, keep in mind the lore's chronology. BW1 referenced TR and Galactic, and Gen III took place at the same time Gen I did (technically). In addition, XY is chronologically after BW2 (I believe, correct me if I am wrong), so they may do something similar to BW2 with the story.

I mean, one possibility is that the story will focus on Rayquaza going rouge and the player and Rival will use Groudon and Kyogre to fight it with who gets what dependent on the version (the Jade Orb was a thing in HGSS and Mt. Pyre has 3 pedestals for 3 Orbs).
Wondering if they will keep the challenges for Single/Double/Rotation/Triple in all the frontier facilities this Gen, XD (Rotation Battle Factory and Triple Battle Palace sound like HELL).

Maybe Plusle and Minun get in some sort of soup together and then we get Mega Plusnun ( That is what happens when you fuse the names ). I seriously have no idea though why they should improve Plusle and Minun though as they are probably still useless after mega evolving. Alot Pokemon would have all been better if they got mega evolutions instead of Plusle and Minun who are assumed to have mega. Here is my wishlist for Pokemon that should mega evolve: ( You probably don't care about my wishlist but whatevs )

This guy would be awesome with a mega evolution and he certainly needs one. Blaziken got one so Wynaut Sceptile.
Swampert is in the same boat as Sceptile since it is also part of the Hoenn starter trio. Honestly I thought this guy was the most popular of the tree starters so he would get a mega evolution first but apprently not.
Mighyena sucks and really needs a mega evolution to be of much use. Maybe something like Strong Jaw and 130 base attack since he does get the elemental fangs.
Dancing pineapple man GG no re. In all seriousness Mega Ludicolo isn't really necessary but it would make him better in OU. Also giant mega sombrero + duckface.
Shiftry is a forgotten Pokemon and a mega evolution would make him get a bit more noted. Pretty similar to why Mawile got a mega evolution.
Gamefreak sometimes gives mega evolutions to popular Pokemon and Breloom is quite a popular Pokemon. Don't make it too fast though Gamefreak because fast Spores are horror especially in XY battling when there is no sleep clause.
Exploud already recieved a buff in Boomburst this generation and buffing it even more would make it a great Pokemon. On second thoughts STAB Boomburst with even higher special attack and speed seems overpowered.
Sableye is a counterpart to Mawile and we got Mega Mawile so why not Mega Sableye. That is literally the only reason I want Mega Sableye.
/
No
Mega Sharpedo would be one of the most badass Pokemon out there because making a shark look cooler like with Mega Garchomp is never a bad thing. Just give it more attack and special attack while keeping Speed Boost and Gamefreak just made a good mega evolution.
Sharpedo belongs to Team Magma while Sharpedo belongs to Team Aqua. Since the evil organisations are making a return Mega Camerupt would be cool.
Come on why hasn't this gut mega evolved already. Flygon faces alot of competition from other Dragon types but giving it a Mega Evolution would make it OU vaible again.
Literally the same as with Shiftry as they have alot of similatities. So read SHiftry for what I think about Mega Cacturne
Same thing as Exploud. Mega Crawdaunt should look like the guy from Spongebob I forgot his name but the guy that gave birth to a whale.
Come on why hasn't this gut mega evolved already. Flygon Milotic faces alot of competition from other Dragon Water types but giving it a Mega Evolution would make it OU vaible again.
Glalie sucks so he needs a mega evolution. Dark Ice type with Snow Warning sounds like a cool idea.
Noone cares about Walrein so mega evolve him and make everyone happy. I actually like Walrein.
Like I mentioned with 70% of all these Pokemon it is a forgotten Pokemon that needs some love.
Salamence used to be one of the greatest Dragon type Pokemon but has fallen from his throne. A Mega Salamence sounds cool and he will be able to rule the land of Dragon types again. He is already a fan favorite so it is win win.
Copy everything I said with Salamence and replace Dragon with Steel. Mega Metagross is also fun to say.
He is gonna be a version mascot so there is like no reason not to give him a mega evolution. This thing will be broken though but next to everything in ubers is.
Same thing as with Kyogre. Also one thing the boxart looks like mega evolutions so who knows Mega Groudon and Kyogre may actually happen.
He is the leader of the big weather fish and Groudon and if the other two guys get a mega evolution so should Rayquaza. I can already imagine this guy being the coolest looking Pokemon there is.
Remember when Pokebank wasn't there yet and people were speculating a Mega Deoxys. Yes maybe Gamefreak has seen the theories and we will have Mega Deoxys.

These Pokemon aren't my favorite Hoenn Pokemon but I think these guys need a mega evolution the most or have the biggest chance of getting a mega evolution. Definitely looking forward to seeing which one of these will get mega evolutions and which one not. Also I am not sure if I am allowed to make posts like this but I made it anyway because it is fun do. Be sure to say which mega evolution you would like to see the most.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Concerning Mega Evos, I find it highly probable that there won't be any new ones besides Mega Latis. Either that or Gamefreak can use a patch for XY to implement any new Megas introduced in these new games (OR/AS? are those the acronyms to be used by the fandom?). My main concern is that unlike previous formes (Giratina-O in D/P, Incarnate genies in BW), not being able to see a Mega in battle is arguably a much bigger deal so umimplemented Megas in XY could prove to be a problem to the interactivity of OR/AS and XY. They could probably forbid you to use them over Wi-Fi as was the case for Rotoms, Shaymin, and Giratina in Platinum, but where's the fun in that?

Of course, you never know. My own personal wish is that Sceptile gets an awesome part-Dragon Mega and some semblance of badly needed movepool upgrades and Gamefreak uses the option of patching properly to overcome these logistical issues to new Megas.

And as for all of the "new world" stuff, keep in mind the lore's chronology. BW1 referenced TR and Galactic, and Gen III took place at the same time Gen I did (technically). In addition, XY is chronologically after BW2 (I believe, correct me if I am wrong), so they may do something similar to BW2 with the story.
There is no evidence that XY takes place after BW and BW2, at least none that I can recall off the top of my head. We do know that XY definitely takes place after Platinum (and presumably HGSS) from Looker's storyline, but as far as we know, it is unknown when BW and BW2 take place in relation to XY besides also being after Platinum (as evidenced by Cynthia's musings). Also keep in mind that when canon conflicts, remakes and sequels take precedence over the original games.

EDIT;; I just realized your point...we know that XY and presumably the new remakes take place after Gen IV/II, which is after the original Gen III/Gen I. They will likely alter the storyline, because Nintendo generally doesn't care about maintaining consistent canon :P

Last edited:
Ruby and Sapphire are my least favorite games to date, so they might finally get redemption for me.

As for the plusle/minun nonsense, I really hope not. Megas are supposed to be bad ass, and electric rodents just aren't (though electric sheep can be), and they're not going to introduce some bull new mechanic like fusion mid generation, so there's no chance of that.

The only reliable megas from this are Lati@s, but we can also sort of expect Sceptile and Swampert, otherwise literally nobody will use them. This leads me to speculate more potential megas, like the psuedos who were seriously cheated this gen.

Of course, you never know. My own personal wish is that Sceptile gets an awesome part-Dragon Mega and some semblance of badly needed movepool upgrades and Gamefreak uses the option of patching properly to overcome these logistical issues to new Megas.
It's doubtful Sceptile will get new moves, likely just a slight increase to speed (base 130ish), and much better offensive stats.

And along with this, potential Unova megas have potential, as they will have to give mega evolution a new backstory to explain its presence in Hoenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)