Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
make it like chatter, record a sound for it to babble

but brooks babble anyways u fuckin casual

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering about the costume customizations but I have the feeling that they will go back to making us use Brendan/May because if they let us make our own characters, they would want to add a new line of clothing. If they add more clothing, they would have to patch it into xy so the games can stay compatible. But then it just goes back to the dilemma of "why add mega latis when they could be patched in later???". So if patching isnt done and there isnt a secret line of clothing that isnt usable in xy, having everyone use Brendan/May seems like the likely option.

A part of me wants them to keep the PSS, with all it's nifty features like the friends list and wonder trade, but a part of me also wants the PSS to become an item and to have the bottom screen like in hg/SS, where close to everything was easily accessible for the player. And for all wifi needs they could just access the PSS item in the bag.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was wondering about the costume customizations but I have the feeling that they will go back to making us use Brendan/May because if they let us make our own characters, they would want to add a new line of clothing. If they add more clothing, they would have to patch it into xy so the games can stay compatible. But then it just goes back to the dilemma of "why add mega latis when they could be patched in later???". So if patching isnt done and there isnt a secret line of clothing that isnt usable in xy, having everyone use Brendan/May seems like the likely option.
Or it could just work as it does in past games, and it displays the default trainer sprite/model when battling against XY.

I also feel like relegating PSS to a key item would take away all of its utility. The benefit of PSS is that it is so accessible.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A part of me wants them to keep the PSS, with all it's nifty features like the friends list and wonder trade, but a part of me also wants the PSS to become an item and to have the bottom screen like in hg/SS, where close to everything was easily accessible for the player. And for all wifi needs they could just access the PSS item in the bag.
No reason we can't have both; just have multiple bottom screen options that you can slide through like in XY. One of them can be the PSS and the other the extremely convenient HGSS-style menu.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the topic of the safari zone, I know I've already said this, but I really hope we get to explore the hidden areas that were available in Emerald, but mid-story. Notable Pokemon to catch there are Houndour, Gligar, Mareep, Teddiursa, Aipom, and of course Sunkern (lol). I mention these guys because they have strengths that they lacked in R/S/E, such as Houndour and Mareep getting Mega Evolutions, Gligar and Aipom getting evolutions, Teddiursa getting more physical attacks like Shadow Claw and Hammer Arm, while Sunkern is Sunkern. Nothing else needs to be said about her.

So are people leaning more towards remake or sequel? The whole brand new adventure stuff doesn't sound like a remake but it could just be marketing speak

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So are people leaning more towards remake or sequel? The whole brand new adventure stuff doesn't sound like a remake but it could just be marketing speak
Satoru Iwata openly stated that these are full remakes, and I'm personally happy with that.

The fact that it's a remake has been confirmed by Nintendo in a press release. They used the term "full remake of Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire" at one point, so Hoenn, and ORAS's remake statuses, are confirmed.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Well, Pokémon fans love to speculate. Serebii's ORAS subforum(!) has reached 3300 posts already.

To break it down a little, though, there are plenty of topics to talk about. For instance:
- How we saw this coming.
- How this fits in with GameFreak's usual release schedule (and whether or not Gen. V was an odd exception to the norm, or marks the beginning of a new era).
- Hints in X/Y on what to expect from these games.
- Reminiscing from RSE and what we'd like to see improved (sub-topics: contests, secret bases, water routes and trumpets)
- Things that were not in X/Y that surely were saved for ORAS (namely, Mega Evolutions and certain berries).
- Mega Evolutions, herein whether the presence of Mega Lati@s in XY's code proves GameFreak will/won't add more Megas this generation.
- Groudon and Kyogre on the boxart: New formes, Megas or just stylized artwork?
- Features new to X/Y and whether or not they will remain in ORAS (such as character customization, Pokémon-Amie and so forth)
- Tons more

And let's not forget all the eager, excited, well-meaning-though-clueless newcomers that post various degrees of drivel, memes and chatposts in here. Thanks a lot to the mods keeping the thread clean!

^Well, Pokémon fans love to speculate. Serebii's ORAS subforum(!) has reached 3300 posts already.
- Groudon and Kyogre on the boxart: New formes, Megas or just stylized artwork?
Didn't someone describe them as "never before seen Pokemon", the same way that Kyurem-B/W and Mega Mewtwo Y were described as? I'm betting they're megas.

To be honest, if they remade ruby and sapphire completely as it currently is and sold it again, but with physical-special split, I would buy it. Imagine Swampert and Azumarill actually having water STAB!!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To be honest, if they remade ruby and sapphire completely as it currently is and sold it again, but with physical-special split, I would buy it. Imagine Swampert and Azumarill actually having water STAB!!
Considering that they have both always had it, it's not that hard to imagine... and it's seven years since they got physical Water STAB too...

I see your point, though. R/S were a little hampered by some Pokémon having good stats at the wrong end of the spectrum. Crawdaunt sticks out as a prime example. Unfortunately, others, most notably Sceptile, suddenly became an example of the opposite. Sceptile was given a Special Attack stat suited for all those Grass moves it learnt back then, but now its level-up movepool consists almost entirely of Physical moves (Absorb and Leaf Storm being the exceptions).

Another often-cited complaint of R/S was that most available Pokémon during the story were quite poor battlers. NU frequenters all over the board, with bad stats and movepools. There were some okay-ish 'mons in there, but also a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel scrapers. You were treated with the likes of Shroomish, Makuhita, Electrike and Volbeat, back when those 'mons had half as many available moves as they do today. Most players I knew wound up with a Kadabra on their team, because it was comparatively so much stronger than anything else that was available. Emerald remedied the Pokémon selection a little, but Sturgeon's Law was still very much in effect.

Now, a few generations later, I'm looking forward to try again. With the Physical/Special split and movepools growing into the heavens, the multitude of poor Pokémon in RSE have gotten a much better arsenal to play with. Using Roselia, for instance, is a lot more fun now that it gets a better Grass move than Magical Leaf, and has an evolution that lets it perform in the late-game as well. Crawdaunt can finally put that great Attack to use. And I'm getting a Kadabra just for good ol' days' sake.

Considering that they have both always had it, it's not that hard to imagine... and it's seven years since they got physical Water STAB too...

I see your point, though. R/S were a little hampered by some Pokémon having good stats at the wrong end of the spectrum. Crawdaunt sticks out as a prime example. Unfortunately, others, most notably Sceptile, suddenly became an example of the opposite. Sceptile was given a Special Attack stat suited for all those Grass moves it learnt back then, but now its level-up movepool consists almost entirely of Physical moves (Absorb and Leaf Storm being the exceptions).

Another often-cited complaint of R/S was that most available Pokémon during the story were quite poor battlers. NU frequenters all over the board, with bad stats and movepools. There were some okay-ish 'mons in there, but also a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel scrapers. You were treated with the likes of Shroomish, Makuhita, Electrike and Volbeat, back when those 'mons had half as many available moves as they do today. Most players I knew wound up with a Kadabra on their team, because it was comparatively so much stronger than anything else that was available. Emerald remedied the Pokémon selection a little, but Sturgeon's Law was still very much in effect.

Now, a few generations later, I'm looking forward to try again. With the Physical/Special split and movepools growing into the heavens, the multitude of poor Pokémon in RSE have gotten a much better arsenal to play with. Using Roselia, for instance, is a lot more fun now that it gets a better Grass move than Magical Leaf, and has an evolution that lets it perform in the late-game as well. Crawdaunt can finally put that great Attack to use. And I'm getting a Kadabra just for good ol' days' sake.
Yea man, one thing I hate gamefreak for is that they took away Sceptile's signature move away from him, it became poopy to use on him. Actually quite a few water pokemon really suffered in RSE from not having physical water stab: Swampert, Azumarill, Gyarados (try breeding one with hidden power flying back then, I dare you), Sharpedo, and yes Crawdaunt. I say "imagine" because I actually replayed Pokemon emerald on emulator (don't judge) quite a few times, and having no phys-special split always irked me to no end.

Yes I agree with the original RSE dex being really poopy. A prime example is having no good fire pokemon to use if you didn't pick Torchic as starter. I refused to use Kadabra as well cause I couldn't get over the fact that I can't evolve the guy (no GBA link cable back then in my country) so my team was pretty underpowered. I know almost everyone in my group of friends had Aggron though!

Really hope they open up ORAS to include other regions, just like XY did.

I swear, my in-game team for this game will be Blaziken / Azumarill / Roserade / Swellow / Gardevoir / Tropius, the last one being HM mule. It's really good that thy are actually good now

The physical special split will be great news for a lot of Hoenn Pokemon, namely water and dark types. Things like Sharpedo, Mightyena, Crawdaunt and Gyarados will have STAB to use which will be great.

I'm interested to know if they will make changes to all the water routes as that has been a pretty big complaint among fans (I don't really mind though). Maybe add some new scenery, a few new towns to mix things up, and hopefully they add a lot more Pokemon so it's not just Wingull and Tentacool. The islands scattered around should have caves and other secrets to make traversing the sea more fun.

Thirdly I just want to reiterate I want secret bases so bad lol and Gamefreak you will not like me when I'm angry

Will Volcanion be part of the game ? He's a Fire/Water Pokemon. Groundon screams Ground/Fire ... Kyogore is of course the Water boy ! Battle between both behemoth ? Rayquaza saves the day, and maybe they have great sex and BAM Volcanion

Will Volcanion be part of the game ? He's a Fire/Water Pokemon. Groundon screams Ground/Fire ... Kyogore is of course the Water boy ! Battle between both behemoth ? Rayquaza saves the day, and maybe they have great sex and BAM Volcanion
That sounds, terrible.

The most likely answer is that Volcanion's coming out as an event sometime soon for all gen 6 games. If they wanted to suggest links between Groudon and volcanoes in general, they would have done it with Entei a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)