Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being Choice free could have disadvantages. Although because it is Kyogre we are speaking about, disadvantages mean advantages for the metagame. It may not be as fast or as strong without Choice items.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, but now it'd have base 770 stats behind it, probably giving it usable speed and even more oomph, without being limited by a choice item

Like I said though, I don't do ubers, so IDK (or C)
Sigh.....I typed up that entire post just for you (well not just you but others screaming MEGA KYOGRE 2 OP) and you chose to ignore it. :/ Stop spouting out bullshit.

Life Orb regular Mewtwo outdamages Mewtwo Y and the latter has 194 base SpA. iirc LO regular mons outdamage Mega formes in nearly every case with the exception of Charizard X/Mewtwo X (which don't really count since their base formes aren't physically-inclined) and Kanga. We don't have Mega Kyogre's stat spread but we can safely assume it has a similar budget to other Megas and unless they put every single point in SpA it's not going to outdamage what already exists. I don't have the exact calcs but Mega Kyogre is going to need >200 SpA perhaps compensated with reduced defenses to outdamage LO or Specs.

Additionally, check your game mechanics before crying. Water Spout's BP goes down the less HP Kyogre has. That's why people run Scarf Kyogre so they can use Water Spout at maximum power, something Mega Kyogre will most likely not be able to do since it will likely take hits first. Slower Mega Kyogre = weaker Water Spout. On paper, LO/Specs outdamages a potential Mega and Scarf allows for better usage of Water Spout. You're acting like they're adding +100 to each of Kyogre's stats; in order for it to accomplish what you claim it will, you're making the assumption that they will put all of Mega Kyogre's stat budget into one stat, which will likely not happen. Kyogre needs items to run optimally.

Again, I want to emphasize that Megas largely look scary on paper and sacrificing an item slot does a lot for balancing purposes. They need to actually contribute something that the base form already doesn't or else they will be forgotten. Fortunately, Mewtwo and Kyogre are superb Pokemon and don't need a Mega to be functional, but their Mega formes will be competing for a team slot. If a Mega can't do what the base form does better with an item, what's the point of running it?

Last edited:
My main problem with Groudon/Kyogre is that they would probably be either broken or severely outclassed.

I shudder thinking what they could do with Kyogre, I feel it's gonna be so broken like ligthningrod or pure power...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You guys are drifting a bit from the intended purpose of this thread. You are free to talk about your hopes for gameplay, returning game elements, changes in story you want to see, etc., but leave all the competitive speculation at the door.

can we just

be realistic

---
Anyway, if Mega, I'm expecting the addition of Fire and Electric typing to the pair. Abilities will probably remain the same.

You guys are drifting a bit from the intended purpose of this thread. You are free to talk about your hopes for gameplay, returning game elements, changes in story you want to see, etc., but leave all the competitive speculation at the door.
Yeah, got a bit carried away with that.

I'd like a new form better to be honest, it would at least suffer less competition compared to a mega-pokemon

Hoping to see new pieces of map like sevill island since 3rd gen post-game is kinda nonexistent

Sigh.....I typed up that entire post just for you (well not just you but others screaming MEGA KYOGRE 2 OP) and you chose to ignore it. :/ Stop spouting out bullshit.

Life Orb regular Mewtwo outdamages Mewtwo Y and the latter has 194 base SpA. iirc LO regular mons outdamage Mega formes in nearly every case with the exception of Charizard X/Mewtwo X (which don't really count since their base formes aren't physically-inclined) and Kanga. We don't have Mega Kyogre's stat spread but we can safely assume it has a similar budget to other Megas and unless they put every single point in SpA it's not going to outdamage what already exists. I don't have the exact calcs but Mega Kyogre is going to need >200 SpA perhaps compensated with reduced defenses to outdamage LO or Specs.

Additionally, check your game mechanics before crying. Water Spout's BP goes down the less HP Kyogre has. That's why people run Scarf Kyogre so they can use Water Spout at maximum power, something Mega Kyogre will most likely not be able to do since it will likely take hits first. Slower Mega Kyogre = weaker Water Spout. On paper, LO/Specs outdamages a potential Mega and Scarf allows for better usage of Water Spout. You're acting like they're adding +100 to each of Kyogre's stats; in order for it to accomplish what you claim it will, you're making the assumption that they will put all of Mega Kyogre's stat budget into one stat, which will likely not happen. Kyogre needs items to run optimally.

Again, I want to emphasize that Megas largely look scary on paper and sacrificing an item slot does a lot for balancing purposes. They need to actually contribute something that the base form already doesn't or else they will be forgotten. Fortunately, Mewtwo and Kyogre are superb Pokemon and don't need a Mega to be functional, but their Mega formes will be competing for a team slot. If a Mega can't do what the base form does better with an item, what's the point of running it?
My official position is that Kyogre being OP is unlikely, but the lack of item won't matter if it gets high enough speed to not need a scarf. From what I can tell, it's not a threat because it relies on items and is easy to counter, but if you can increase its effectiveness without choice items, it has scary potential. I didn't choose to ignore your post, I just thought there was more to the story.

leave all the competitive speculation at the door.
Finally, I was waiting for that to be said. We have almost no ground for speculation for potential changes to Groudon nor Kyogre, but a cover art.

Anyways, adding in Navel Rock and maybe even Birth Island without an event item would be greatly appreciated, considering the extra legends they added to HG/SS from their predecessors.

Finally, I was waiting for that to be said. We have almost no ground for speculation for potential changes to Groudon nor Kyogre, but a cover art.

Anyways, adding in Navel Rock and maybe even Birth Island without an event item would be greatly appreciated, considering the extra legends they added to HG/SS from their predecessors.
For the navel rock I could see it but i doubt they would put birth island since they basically never make event pokemon aviable without an event distribution.

Reactions: PME
I don't know why people keep complaining that Gen V got no Megas. It's obvious to me that megas are, as well as an interesting new mechanic, a way of making some old Pokemon relevant "again". Gen V is still pretty recent, and its inhabitants are hardly out of mind already. Assuming Megas continue into future generations (and I'm guessing they will), Gen V will probably get the Mega Treatment when Gen 7 comes along.

I hope they make it so you can use the spaceship to go to space and catch jirachi like my friends told me you could
Who among us would oppose a Pokemon Space Mission?

I hope they make it so you can use the spaceship to go to space and catch jirachi like my friends told me you could
I remember my friends telling me you could do this too! Too bad you couldnt-_- stupid lying kids. Told me they saw the tooth fairy as well

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My favorite feature that will hopefully return is secret forts. It was awesome to have secret areas to explore, and even more fun to battle other people's teams and gain experience. As someone already said, fighting 6 Level 100 Blisseys will be the ultimate in level grinding, as well as possibly EV training. It kind of makes one wonder why Game Freak removed it in the first place. To not include secret forts would simply be blasphemy.

Secret Power shenanigans were awesome back then. Linking up with friends and seeing what their rent-free home was like (I'm looking at you Johto Mom) and how it was decorated. I feel the functionality was little minimal though, aside from the ability to set them up almost anywhere. DPP kind of made an improvement with the Underground where the difference was that there were activities you could do with your friends like child labor mining, playing everyone running at the same speed capture the flag, and laying down annoying fun traps on every single tile. Aside from that, there wasn't really much of a difference.

I grew up playing the my sister's "The Sims" games and I the part I loved most was buying stuff and decorating the home (mostly because I was terrible at managing life. I mean, who can handle a fire, starvation, and toiletries while getting robbed anyway). What I'm hoping to see are bigger rooms for these bases; one floor would be fine, but with enough space to make things look pretty. Furniture options should be available, maybe from Lilycove Department store, also the obvious return of the Game Corner's dolls, or even special prizes from Amie. This is our personal space, I would expect some big changes from Gamefreak about this.

While it is unlikely that fun cosmetics like HGSS's pokemon on the overworld everywhere would be implemented, I am crossing my fingers for our Pokémon on hand to at least be able to roam inside the secret bases like in Lumiose. And with 3D enabled, wouldn't it be awesome? Sipping afternoon tea with Gardevoir at the dining table, Pangoro and Chesnaught arm wrestling along side us. Meanwhile, Blissey is over at the stove boiling some eggs and Espurr is staring intently at the microwave with a Magikarp in said microwave. Game limitations like Wailord are probably going to make this not happen anytime soon though. Oh well, a guy can dream.

I am still not sure about the idea of having people coming over to visit. With this thing called Wi-Fi, having countless strangers accessing your base all at the same time would be crazy. Now I know how NPCs feel whenever I break into their homes and look through their trash. Violated to the point that all I can do is repeat bland and useless advice. "I like shorts because they are easy and fun to wear". Maybe it would just be better to keep and improve the PSS and keep socializing solely through there. Or maybe just allow certain people to come and visit.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The question I have is: how are they going to handle Berries? The Pokeblock berries introduced in Ruby/Sapphire (such as the Watmel) were included in the X/Y data with an exact copy of the 5th gen description ("A Berry which is very rare in the Unova region. A maniac will buy it for a high price.").
Not really. The description is different, even though it still mentions Unova:

Now, what would "cooking" be, I wonder.

My official position is that Kyogre being OP is unlikely, but the lack of item won't matter if it gets high enough speed to not need a scarf.
That's the point.

They won't.

MegaLatis CLEARLY look like jet planes and they kept the same Speed, why would they increase Kyogre and Groudon's base Speed in Mega, if they have gone as far as giving them a smaller BST, as if they wanted to balance out both for having weather abilities back in RSE? Both are doomed to the 90 Tier at best, anything else is fair game (and isn't worth discussing right now, I guess).

Last edited:
Secret Power shenanigans were awesome back then. Linking up with friends and seeing what their rent-free home was like (I'm looking at you Johto Mom) and how it was decorated. I feel the functionality was little minimal though, aside from the ability to set them up almost anywhere. DPP kind of made an improvement with the Underground where the difference was that there were activities you could do with your friends like child labor mining, playing everyone running at the same speed capture the flag, and laying down annoying fun traps on every single tile. Aside from that, there wasn't really much of a difference.

I grew up playing the my sister's "The Sims" games and I the part I loved most was buying stuff and decorating the home (mostly because I was terrible at managing life. I mean, who can handle a fire, starvation, and toiletries while getting robbed anyway). What I'm hoping to see are bigger rooms for these bases; one floor would be fine, but with enough space to make things look pretty. Furniture options should available, maybe from Lilycove Department store, also the obvious return of the Game Corner's dolls, or even special prizes from Amie. This is our personal space, I would expect some big changes from Gamefreak about this.

While it is unlikely that fun cosmetics like HGSS's pokemon on the overworld everywhere would be implemented, I am crossing my fingers for our Pokémon on hand to at least be able to roam inside the secret bases like in Lumiose. And with 3D enabled, wouldn't it be awesome? Sipping afternoon tea with Gardevoir at the dining table, Pangoro and Chesnaught arm wrestling along side us. Meanwhile, Blissey is over at the stove boiling some eggs and Espurr is staring intently at the microwave with a Magikarp in said microwave. Game limitations like Wailord are probably going to make this not happen anytime soon though. Oh well, a guy can dream.

I am still not sure about the idea of having people coming over to visit. With this thing called Wi-Fi, having countless strangers accessing your base all at the same time would be crazy. Now I know how NPCs feel whenever I break into their homes and look through their trash. Violated to the point that all I can do is repeat bland and useless advice. "I like shorts because they are easy and fun to wear". Maybe it would just be better to keep and improve the PSS and keep socializing solely through there. Or maybe just allow certain people to come and visit.
I loved to put those Kanto starters Plushies on my base. They costed a lot but I loved them anyways. Also your friends should be the only ones that get to visit you imo, imagine random passerbys invading your home lol

That's the point.

They won't.

MegaLatis CLEARLY look like jet planes and they kept the same Speed, would would they increase Kyogre and Groudon's base Speed in Mega, if they went as far as giving them a smaller BST, as if they wanted to balance out both for having weather abilities back in RSE? Both are doomed to the 90 Tier at best, anything else is fair game (and isn't worth discussing right now, I guess).
And yet, without any boost to speed, there'd be almost no reason to use it over a choice set, which GF should both know better.

But you're right, it's not worth discussing now, because I personally don't think they'll get megas.

What I do think is worth discussing is Character Customization. Please let it stay a thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)