Metagame NP: NU (beta): Welcome to the NU Age (Combusken Banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
252 Atk Archeops Sky Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 220-259 (85.2 - 100.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

If you have rocks up or Durant is an LO set (ideally both), your chances of killing it with Sky Attack become pretty damn good.
But you couldve used your power herb, or dont ko and get ohko'd by iron head

Sky Attack on Archeops is like Protect on Swellow/Zangoose, it's nice to have on turn 1, but there are just better things to use over it. Having 2 flying STABs is simply overkill, when you can use another coverage/utility move and just go itemless (which is THE most reliable way of having full power Acro).

Not sure if this has been mentioned, Carracosta is a great user of Shell Smash and Weakness Policy even after it sets up almost none can resist its power, but it gets Outspeed by base 114 or higher and base 100 with Jolly dont quote me on that. (Edit if you make Carracosta Jolly he can out speed base 114 unless their Jolly)

Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

If anyone could get calcs, that would be great I'll try to get them later.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, Carracosta is a great user of Shell Smash and Weakness Policy even after it sets up almost none can resist its power, but it gets Outspeed by base 114 or higher and base 100 with Jolly dont quote me on that. (Edit if you make Carracosta Jolly he can out speed base 114 unless their Jolly)

Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

If anyone could get calcs, that would be great I'll try to get them later.
Actually I mentioned this set in the NU theorymon thread quite a while ago before even OU was really settled. Jolly is the preferable nature since once Weakness Policy activates, you don't really need the extra power from Adamant and outspeeding positive base 113's and below (Serperior, Pyroar, etc.) becomes much more important. I've used this set a bunch on NU beta, and it honestly doesn't take too much prediction to use Shell Smash on an SE hit. I'd imagine as this set gets more popular, it'll be way more predictable to see Weakness Policy coming, but for now I'm glad that someone else is hyping this set too.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Don't know if anyone else has tried this, but Veno's Quiver Passing can also be used to boost the special defenses of walls... being able to set up for 1-2 turns, then passing to Bastiodon ensures it can take most hits. Example:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-118900896

Normally I wouldn't have been able to get up so many boosts, but still---look at Bastiodon walling and statusing this guy's entire team for 22 turns!

And also, why is no one talking about Ninjask, the speed-boosting bastard? It might be frail but it can just set up subs-protect til hell and back, can't it?

Don't know if anyone else has tried this, but Veno's Quiver Passing can also be used to boost the special defenses of walls... being able to set up for 1-2 turns, then passing to Bastiodon ensures it can take most hits. Example:

Normally I wouldn't have been able to get up so many boosts, but still---look at Bastiodon walling and statusing this guy's entire team for 22 turns!

And also, why is no one talking about Ninjask, the speed-boosting bastard? It might be frail but it can just set up subs-protect til hell and back, can't it?
Well, Combusken gets Speed Boost + Baton Pass now, and it has a much better type combo, better defenses and better offenses (due to having access to stronger STAB moves). The main downside to Combusken is that things can still out-speed it after one or even two Speed Boosts, whilst Ninjask outspeeds most things with none at all, but overall, I think Combusken is probably better.

As for passing Quiver Dances to a wall, I've got a Pokemon on my team with huge physical bulk, decent special bulk, a special move, a couple of status moves and just one weakness, so it's been a good recipient of a Quiver Dance boost on a few occasions, since it can become very difficult to kill. I have sweepers on my team who I usually prefer to pass to, but sometimes I notice the opponent can kill my sweepers easily even with a QD boost (priority, etc.) so having a defensive Pokemon that can make use of a Quiver Dance boost has been useful to me in a few battles.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

There isn't a reason to pass to a wall when you could easily pass to a sweeper and begin sweeping from there. You overrate it a little bit; your opponent didn't play very well. For example, your Bastiodon could have been very easily dealt with by his Kangaskhan; and should you have passed to an offensive Pokemon the match would've been over a lot faster.

Also there's not much of a reason to use Ninjask when there's SmashPass and QuiverPass in the tier. Like you said, Ninjask is also really frail and easily beaten by new guys like Steelix and Rhydon.

Barbaracle is just insane in NU, I done think it will stay long there.
Barbaracle is strong but not to the point of being "insane". Choice Scarf users still check it really easily and it has to rely on mostly inaccurate moves, and doesn't get past Seismitoad. It's sort of like a faster and slightly more powerful Carracosta without Aqua Jet and inferior abilities

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Durant @ Salac Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

This is a set I've been using partially suggested to me by FLCL, and it kicks ass, much like any other Durant set. Hone Claws variants with Sub or Lum Berry are probably my favorites, since you get the power of CB with some extra utility and ability to switch up moves. Running extra coverage moves over X-Scissor (keep Iron Head for the flinch chance) is fine if you want, but this did a-ok for me even when being walled by Steelix and Fire-types. Durant in general is really absurd and cleans up teams more often than not; if you haven't used it yet, go for it.

Other thoughts:
  • I'm a big fan of Feraligatr, both DD and SD variants. Samurott has a slight edge with SD, and pairing both together has had some pretty good results for me.
  • People need to stop using fucking random Scarfers. Jeeeeeeesus I should not have to be worried about Scarf Armaldo next time I want to try to clean up with Zangoose.
  • Archeops is probably my current favorite offensive Pokemon. So much it can do.
  • I'm beginning to lean out of Virizion's favor. It's a solid Pokemon, to be sure, but it has so many plausible checks and counters that half the time I'd rather be using a different Pokemon that breaks these. Plus, with Durant and Archeops and other shit sitting just above it swarming around, it's annoying to deal with.
  • Crustle is still cool. It's unique in the sense that it's a Shell Smasher that beats up on the meta in general (Bug / Rock / EQ coverage nails a lot of the fast scary threats) and isn't perpetually weak to Grass-types. I also like using Knock Off on it; there have been a number of times where someone brought in Dusclops as I smashed, tried to wisp my Lum as I smashed again, then I OHKOed with Knock Off.
Things I still want to try out: Accelgor variants, Ditto, Garbodor, Gorebyss (SmashPass), Uxie variants, Fletchinder w/ support, Weezing.

Barbaracle is strong but not to the point of being "insane". Choice Scarf users still check it really easily and it has to rely on mostly inaccurate moves, and doesn't get past Seismitoad. It's sort of like a faster and slightly more powerful Carracosta without Aqua Jet and inferior abilities
With white herb it still has good bulk, after one shellsmash it outspeeds every scarfer in the meta, and has an amazing 105 base attack with the 33% tough claws boost. The only downside is the accuracy on Stone Edge/Razor shell.

do you guys think cacturne can make a return this gen as a reliable suicide spikes setter? I haven't used it all too much but with its great offenses and two immunities i feel it can do well in this meta. Especially since it can hit xatu really hard if it tries to come in predicting spikes.

Actually I mentioned this set in the NU theorymon thread quite a while ago before even OU was really settled. Jolly is the preferable nature since once Weakness Policy activates, you don't really need the extra power from Adamant and outspeeding positive base 113's and below (Serperior, Pyroar, etc.) becomes much more important. I've used this set a bunch on NU beta, and it honestly doesn't take too much prediction to use Shell Smash on an SE hit. I'd imagine as this set gets more popular, it'll be way more predictable to see Weakness Policy coming, but for now I'm glad that someone else is hyping this set too.
i actually hyped in the ru thread and though it is less viable in ru due to the fact it has to go mixed cossta is a really underrated and dangerous threat but your right it will be much harder to use once more people see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There isn't a reason to pass to a wall when you could easily pass to a sweeper and begin sweeping from there. You overrate it a little bit; your opponent didn't play very well. For example, your Bastiodon could have been very easily dealt with by his Kangaskhan; and should you have passed to an offensive Pokemon the match would've been over a lot faster.

Also there's not much of a reason to use Ninjask when there's SmashPass and QuiverPass in the tier. Like you said, Ninjask is also really frail and easily beaten by new guys like Steelix and Rhydon.
I was more speaking about the concept in general-- like SHUCKLE MAN said there will probably be situations where passing to a wall would be more appropriate,
But yes, I did overrate it a bit.
And oops on Ninjask forgot about all the rocks/combusken/etc/etc/etc

I would like to state my claim for NU Beta (also i need something to hype up this gen):
I know i will sound stupid but Assault Vest Regirock is a great pokemon to use this gen due to the consistency of Fire Spam and Flying Spam in the meta -game currently. Stuff like Typhlosion and Magmortar can be forced out immeadiately at the minuscule damage they do.

Calcs:
252 SpA Typhlosion Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Regirock: 156-184 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Regirock: 170-202 (46.7 - 55.4%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 188-222 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ohko with stone edge easy.

Also, what makes this tactic even more viable is the fact that regirock has a recovery move in drain punch. This allows it to heal (albeit bit by bit) on pokemon it can hit with this move. Stuff like Zangoose and Kangaskhan.

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 196-232 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So as far as i am concerned, this is my primary counter to a lot of pokes, arcehops, typhlosion, magmortar, zangoose, and even venomoth (if you used something as sleep fodder) all sit down and die c:.
Just try it, in a phase where nothing i can see is really gonna get the ban hammer and who knows, maybe you'll encounter your saving grace.

(as far as a team is concerned, make sure you have a wish passer and cleric if you soley intend to use this as your stop to ALL of these mons. It can't stop the all without it)

Set:
Regirock @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

I would like to state my claim for NU Beta (also i need something to hype up this gen):
I know i will sound stupid but Assault Vest Regirock is a great pokemon to use this gen due to the consistency of Fire Spam and Flying Spam in the meta -game currently. Stuff like Typhlosion and Magmortar can be forced out immeadiately at the minuscule damage they do.

Calcs:
252 SpA Typhlosion Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Regirock: 156-184 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Regirock: 170-202 (46.7 - 55.4%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 188-222 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ohko with stone edge easy.

Also, what makes this tactic even more viable is the fact that regirock has a recovery move in drain punch. This allows it to heal (albeit bit by bit) on pokemon it can hit with this move. Stuff like Zangoose and Kangaskhan.

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 196-232 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So as far as i am concerned, this is my primary counter to a lot of pokes, arcehops, typhlosion, magmortar, zangoose, and even venomoth (if you used something as sleep fodder) all sit down and die c:.
Just try it, in a phase where nothing i can see is really gonna get the ban hammer and who knows, maybe you'll encounter your saving grace.

(as far as a team is concerned, make sure you have a wish passer and cleric if you soley intend to use this as your stop to ALL of these mons. It can't stop the all without it)

Set:
Regirock @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
Regirock isn't really a counter to Typhlosion, Magmortar, and Archeops if it's getting 2HKO'd after rocks. It's a very solid check to these things, but calling it a counter is giving it too much credit. Now on a sand team: 252+ SpA Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Regirock in Sand: 100-118 (33.2 - 39.2%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Typhlosion Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Regirock in Sand: 104-124 (28.5 - 34%) -- 1.4% chance to 3HKO
It functions much better as a counter in the sand considering it gets a Special Defense boost, and sand teams in general seem to work pretty well right now with baby Hippo in the tier.

Has anybody else tried using Sneasel? It sits at an absolutely fantastic speed tier that allows it to check and murder psychic types archeops and virizion with its stabs. Also what is your opinion on Protean Kecleon?

Has anybody else tried using Sneasel? It sits at an absolutely fantastic speed tier that allows it to check and murder psychic types archeops and virizion with its stabs. Also what is your opinion on Protean Kecleon?
I've been using Sneasel and it's fantastic. It sits high above some of the higher threats in the tier (bar Accelgor) and can hit really hard with its STAB. As for Kecleon, it's very underwhelming. It really requires 1 or 2 PoPs to be able to function and even then if you know what it's going to do it's very easy to predict.

First off, I would like to challenge Kanwe to see who can get higher on the ladder. I'll win because he sucks.

Anyhow, I would love to bring to light a great Pokemon: Xatu. Right below Venomoth on the usage stats, this Pokemon can deal out tons of damage and fill a nice support niche while doing so. I've already talked about this Pokemon in an RU thread, highlighting movesets and what it's good at. It puts a hand up to hazard setters, and completely walls Sawk locked into Close Combat.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Has anybody else tried using Sneasel? It sits at an absolutely fantastic speed tier that allows it to check and murder psychic types archeops and virizion with its stabs.
I mentioned it a page or two ago, but then Aladyyn forced told me to post more on it. So here's something I guess.

Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch / Low Kick / Pursuit / Swords Dance / Fire Punch (It doesn't even get it)

It's horribly frail, look at it and it dies pretty much. It doesn't mind too much, when most of the meta at this point is more specially defensive than physical. Add to that STAB knock off and whole bunch of psychic types (Sigilyph, Xatu, Mesprit, Uxie, Jynx) and ghosts (mainly Mismagius, Doublade and Spiritomb), none of which particularly like losing their item, if not outright killed by the attack. Only getting outsped by scarfers, Sceptile and Swellow it currently check most of the threatening things in the tier, bar the most physically bulky mons and Durant, none of which want to switch into knock off. Ice punch also one hit Archeops, Virizion, Dragalge (only after rocks) and more, while Ice Shard gets a clean one hit on Vivillon (but everything does) and is an overall great typing for priority.

It's kind of risks getting set up on if it can't one hit whatever it faces, which kinda suck. Still, it's at least worth considering at least for now.

Last edited:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been running Fletchinder for my first NU team, and I must say that it does wonders at cleaning and revenge killing stuff. Since you only really can switch in after a ko or a slow u-turn/voltswitch/bp/parting shot, you shouldn't really have to worry about taking most hits. It's pretty invaluable at stopping sweeps from stuff like Venomoth, Vivillion, Sceptile, Virizion, Ludicolo, Sawk, and weakened stuff it can hit neutrally (Durant for example). I run it on a team with no spinner or Defog support, and it still pulls its weight more often than not. It doesn't have a lot of opportunity to set up a Swords Dance, but if you can manage to set up on something like a burnt Doublade or Tangela after it's used Sleep Powder, it actually becomes really difficult to stop without a Steel or Rock types (Electric-types and physical walls can work too, but the former is easy enough to wear down and the latter has to be careful not to become set up bait). Magneton also helps remove Steel-types, while there are numerous Pokemon that can deter Rock-types (I'm thinking stuff like Seismitoad, Sawk, Poliwrath, Virizion, Steelix, etc). I think that Fletchinder works pretty similarly to how Kangaskhan did in BW, but with less survivability in exchange for a stronger priority move and sweeping potential.

Another Pokemon that I've been using to good effect is Substitute Seismitoad. Right now I need it to set up Stealth Rock for my team, but I imagine that the SubToxic set from BW is still very effective right now. It works as a great check to a myriad of threats, tanking at least one hit and retaliating against stuff like: Archeops, Feraligatr, SD Samurott, Dragalge, Golurk, Lanturn, Carracosta, Crustle, Barbaracle, and unboosted Durant. Many of Seismitoad's usual counters hate Toxic, and cannot safely switch in so easily. I use Scald since my set is more of a support and glue Pokemon, and the Burn chance makes up for my own set's lack of Toxic to a degree, but Hydro Pump is a great option if you do run Toxic to have a stronger hit. Incidentally, Seismitoad makes a decent partner to Fletchinder as it easily deals with opposing Aqua Jet users that can possibly outspeed Fletchinder, crushes most Steel and Rock-types that walls it, and blocks Volt Switches from the Electric-types that try to grab momentum from Fletchinder. Even better, it lures in the Grass moves that Feltchinder loves switching in on, making this a good partnership.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

Pretty simple EV spread,I have enough Speed EVs to outspeed Jolly Samurott so I can hit it with Acorbatics before it can Aqua Jet me into oblivion. It also outspeeds Adamant Feraligatr, meaning SD versions cannot revenge kill it with Aqua Jet either. Run Jolly people! It's better to have slightly less power at +2 and be able to Aqua Jet safely than to take an Acrobatics and possibly be revenge killed. Fletchinder needs all the power it can get, so it generally desn't want to run Jolly itself, so it should be a safe bet to run Jolly on Feraligatr. DD Feraligatr generally lack Aqua Jet, so that is pretty moot, but the ones that do can beat Fletchinder regardless.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic / Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Earth Power

Of course, that's where Seismitoad comes in, as it deals with DD Feraligatr very well, and even SD Feraligatr doesn't appreciate Toxic or Scald burns.

Any other pairings that have worked well so far? I'd love to see old BW NU stuff being mixed with brand new toys especially.

EDIT: Virizion can be used to round out a FWG core too.

Last edited:

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
View attachment 13229

Shiftry @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs:
Jolly Nature
Moves:
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Rock Slide / X-Scissor / Low Kick

Knock off b/c you know ;) Sucker Punch for Priority STAB, Seed Bomb for the only strong physical grass move it gets, and a variety of coverage moves for the last slot.
Im just going to point out that Shiftry can work as a fast-ish DEFOG user. Get replaced Pelliper. IMO

Specs Accelgor is actually really cool.

Dark type? (Accelgor) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground] / [Rock] / [Fire]

There is really no reason to use Unburden cause this thing cant take hits at all. Sticky hold allows you to live shit like armaldos Knock off without loosing the specs. Bug buzz for STAB, Focus blast and energy ball for coverage. Hidder power is optional, Ground hits Fire and Poison types, Rock hits fire, Flying and other Bugs, Fire hits Durant, Wormadan-T and Doublade if you hate them

Hidden power calcs
252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 192-226 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Durant: 588-692 (227.9 - 268.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Skuntank: 272-322 (66.3 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dragalge: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Typhlosion: 188-222 (63 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Fletchinder: 548-648 (206.7 - 244.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Rock vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Fletchinder: 232-276 (70.7 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Accelgor Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Swellow: 284-336 (108.3 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

not much more to say about this guy (Besides the already posted Suicide lead)

brightobject

there like moonlight
Has anyone mentioned Golurk yet? If it manages a Rock Polish on a switch it can hit pretty hard, and is decently bulky, with stone edge, earthquake, dynamicpunch and all that jazz.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello, me and other people in #neverused decided to do a threatlist for NU Beta (like atomicllamas and frens did for RU too :toast:) so that we could help out people trying out the tier!

http://pastebin.com/Gu1WEA3V

If you think we forgot to add a Pokemon or something relevant, feel free to pm me on forums or contact me on mIRC, and I will gladly add it :afrostar:

oh and Raseri sux

EDIT: I finally made it in order with the help of galbia :)

Last edited:
Just started attacking this Ladder and have had a few games with a team that makes me feel super dirty (Specifically my defensive core) and I can say that so far I like Banded Pangoro and Typhlosion is pretty cray.

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Gourgeist is just Gourgeist and takes all the hits, and Lickilicky being able to heal up Typhlosion and Pangoro to keep them hitting hard.

I'll probably consider slapping Crustle on here to add some more hazards since it's forcing switches pretty easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)