Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I agree with you, Stealth Rocks not being a move tutor move in ORAS would not change the current competitive community at all. Pokémon would still be Pokégen'd and Showdown'd with the move as they are today.
I'd really like to see Seismic Toss return as a move tutor move. It's fantastic that Chansey got it as an egg move this gen; but I'd love it for other walls such as Registeel.
While we're on the subject of tutor moves, I would love to see the return of the tutor moves Knock Off, Heat Wave, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Drill Run, Seed Bomb, the elemental punches, Superpower, Trick, Signal Beam, geez louise the list goes on! Maybe they could add some new tutor moves as well, like Extreme Speed or Sucker Punch!

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
While we're on the subject of tutor moves, I would love to see the return of the tutor moves Knock Off, Heat Wave, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Drill Run, Seed Bomb, the elemental punches, Superpower, Trick, Signal Beam, geez louise the list goes on! Maybe they could add some new tutor moves as well, like Extreme Speed or Sucker Punch!
You guys want all these fancy moves but I just want Gardevoir tot get Boomblast :(

When we receive our starter's mega stone will likely depend entirely on how much of the original plot they keep, and which plot they actually follow. It does say that Steven is researching mega stones, but that was such a given that I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear that they had been planning something major to do with stones since his introduction, and only just now got around to it. Add in the orbs, and well... but I digress, I'm getting off topic.

They could opt to hold off on being allowed Mega Evolutions until after the defeat of the Elite Four, but if they don't, and Steven is the one who gives us our starter's mega stone, then I would bet on getting it around 118, which was a fairly insignificant plot point originally, and it would take place after five gyms, not four. If Wallace is the champion, though, then that would leave Steven to be free to explore Meteor Falls, for us to battle in a less formal setting, and earn a mega stone from him at that point.

Obviously if there are more Megas some will be version exclusive. And any new Megas are gonna be Alpha/Omega exclusive (not in X/Y) I wonder if any already existing Mega stones will be "non-obtainable without trading" in ORAS?
Unless there are some changes made in Z, then there are already regionally exclusive Megas in Sceptile and Swampert. There will almost certainly be some Kalosian Megas who won't be in Hoenn. The Kanto starters and Mewtwo, for example, may not be available, as well as some others, like Kangaskhan or Scizor.

Pixilate Boomburst M-Garde for A/A+? Yay 182 STAB BP off of a 165 base stat! Come'on TrollFreak! Troll! And while you're fixing M-Alakazam's spread, move Garde's attack points to speed (or defense), where they belong!

...At the very least, I would like to see Hyper Voice make a return as a tutor move. She's one of the few Mega's who can't reach their full potential, because her most important move isn't legal in sanctioned competitions. Boomburst would be epic, though.

Obviously if there are more Megas some will be version exclusive. And any new Megas are gonna be Alpha/Omega exclusive (not in X/Y) I wonder if any already existing Mega stones will be "non-obtainable without trading" in ORAS?
Well there's already the possibility of Mega Groudon and Kyogre... given Kyogre's different colouring. Speaking of which has there been any news on this? Anyway if the rumors are true then they would likely be it. If not then we have a choice between the following pokes:

Ruby:
Seedot line
Zangoose
And Solrock

Sapphire:
Lotad line
Sableye
Seviper
Lunatone

Most of them are pretty terrible and would make shit Mega's. Unless Sableye got a new ability which is even more annoying than Prankster, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Edit: Of course they may add a few more version exclusives in the remakes and give them Megas.

Last edited:
Route 118 seems like the perfect place to get your respective Mega Stone. Either just before or just after your starter pokemon evolves.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I wonder how Wally will make his return. I mean, he's a likely candidate for having a Mega-Evo Pokemon, but since Diantha already got the privilege of a Mega-Gardevoir what's our stuttering friend going to get? :P

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Maybe he would get mega gardevoir as well.

On another note, as much as I doubt they would revert exp share's effects to how it used to be, I really hope they do change it back to only affecting one pokemon or else Im gonna have to keep it turned off. That item made xy too easy imo.

Ausgirl said:
Well there's already the possibility of Mega Groudon and Kyogre... given Kyogre's different colouring. Speaking of which has there been any news on this?
The way things have been translated for us it seems they aren't Mega Evolutions but another kind of alternate form called something like "prehistoric devolution" sounds like a power down but it's perhaps a return to their ancient more powerful (or at least somehow different) selves. What causes the form changes (stones?, the red and blue orbs?, or something else) is for now undetermined.

lockiegengar12 said:
I wonder how Wally will make his return. I mean, he's a likely candidate for having a Mega-Evo Pokemon, but since Diantha already got the privilege of a Mega-Gardevoir what's our stuttering friend going to get? :P
Wally should defintley get Mega-Gardevoir. One thing that always erks me a little is how much people sexualize Gardevoir. She not really supposed to be a sexy thing at all. She's more maternal, like a protector or guardian angel. A sickly boy is the perfect owner for her.

Last edited:
Could be anything or nothing. Probably Gardevoir though.

Maybe he would get mega gardevoir as well.

On another note, as much as I doubt they would revert exp share's effects to how it used to be, I really hope they do change it back to only affecting one pokemon or else Im gonna have to keep it turned off. That item made xy too easy imo.
I strongly doubt that this is gonna happen. It doesn't make any sense for them to change it again in the same generation.

The way things have been translated for us it seems they aren't Mega Evolutions but another kind of alternate form called something like "prehistoric devolution" sounds like a power down but it's perhaps a return to their ancient more powerful (or at least somehow different) selves. What causes the form changes (stones?, the red and blue orbs?, or something else) is for now undetermined.

Wally should defintley get Mega-Gardevoir. One thing that always erks me a little is how much people sexualize Gardevoir. She not really supposed to be a sexy thing at all. She's more maternal, like a protector or guardian angel. A sickly boy is the perfect owner for her.
I say a Mega Gallade would be better for Wally.

Well...according to lore, they were at some point responsible for creating the land and the sea, so...I doubt that they'll be getting any weaker. In fact, this could lend credence to the idea that they might just get some new perma-weather abilities. Devolution could very easily be a way to establish a separate mechanic for some pokemon, Legendaries in particular, that allows for them to give them Megas, but without trying to tie them all into the Kalos plot, and allowing them to change certain things, such as the stat changes. Add on fifty points, as opposed to one hundred, for example.

And before arguments come up that they wouldn't just nerf an ability to recreate what they just nerfed, consider this: Devolution to a primal form implies that Kyogre and Groudon have only grown weaker in their hibernation. Even before Politoed and Ninetales were given the weather abilities, and even before Hippowdon and Abomasnow, and their pre-evolutions, were created, Tyranitar was given Sandstream.

If you consider that Kyogre used Drizzle to create oceans, and Groudon used Drought to create land, and Sandstream followed the same mechanics of those two abilities, then doesn't that imply that a Tyranitar was on a level with these two legendaries, and could singlehandedly create arid deserts? What does that mean for a colony of Tyranitar? Then what does that mean about Snover? And yes, these are battle mechanics, but if a pair of legendaries are capable of terraforming a planet, then why would they only be able to hold that ability for a short amount of time, simply because they're in a battle? Why would they be constrained to that ability, if they are reverted back to the states that they were able to terraform with? Groudon and Kyogre are defined by the weather, and it's something that set them distinctly apart from every other legendary, both at their introduction, and in following generations. Dialga didn't an ability that affected time, for example, and could have worked similarly to Parental Bond. Ever since their introduction, however, this distinction has become less and less significant as more pokemon with terraforming abilities have been established. Would it not make sense, then, to remove that sheer power from an ordinary fox and toad, and give it back to the beasts that are defined by it?

This is wholly from a continuity standpoint, but continuity is important in a world like this.

9 Tales of Ninetales said:
Apparently you deleted this, but I just wanted to say, This. This is a perfect description of Gardevoir. This exactly.

A Gardevoir is already established canon for Wally, so I would be expecting much of a change there. It was male, however, but I'm still not expecting much change. Maybe among his other pokemon, though; he had a Magneton and a Roselia, as well as an empty slot. Really, I don't expect them to, at least not until after the Elite Four, but the Hoenn games were really underwhelming as far as the rival battles went, and I really hope that they find a way to improve on both Brendan/May and Wally.

Kiga, I didn't delete my post. Or at least it still shows up on my screen. Either way I'm glad you agree. And yeah, I didn't mean that I was expecting Prehistoric Kyogre or Groudon to be weaker I was saying that devolution is a very non-threatening sounding form change. I'm sure they stronger or equally strong at a minimum. I really love the concept that they were stronger before their hibernation and reverting to ancient times unlocks more power. And as a fan of almost all fossil Pokemon I hope that some of the speculation earlier on this thread comes true and things like Kabutops, Armaldo, Cradlily, Archeops etc. can get prehistoric forms as well.

And on the topic of all these weather abilities... I know I keep coming back to Flygon like a broken record..... but uh, abilities first came around in Gen III. So how come Flygon didn't get Sandstorm and why did Tyranitar? Flygon's lore is all about how it's the desert spirit and how simply falpping its wings kick up sand and causes sandstorms (in addition to playing music.) Not to mention Flygon is actually found in the desert and in heavy Sandstorms. While Tyrantiar live in/ on mountains... it never made sense to me that Tyranitar would get that ability that seems like it was taylor made for Flygon (and in a gen were Flygon was introduced.) If you had someone with no knowledge of the game read every pokedex entry and learn about how every Pokemon is acquired and then ask them which one Pokemon had Sand Stream as it's ability they would definitely pick Flygon...

Kiga, I didn't delete my post. Or at least it still shows up on my screen. Either way I'm glad you agree. And yeah, I didn't mean that I was expecting Prehistoric Kyogre or Groudon to be weaker I was saying that devolution is a very non-threatening sounding form change. I'm sure they stronger or equally strong at a minimum. I really love the concept that they were stronger before their hibernation and reverting to ancient times unlocks more power. And as a fan of almost all fossil Pokemon I hope that some of the speculation earlier on this thread comes true and things like Kabutops, Armaldo, Cradlily, Archeops etc. can get prehistoric forms as well.

And on the topic of all these weather abilities... I know I keep coming back to Flygon like a broken record..... but uh, abilities first came around in Gen III. So how come Flygon didn't get Sandstorm and why did Tyranitar? Flygon's lore is all about how it's the desert spirit and how simply falpping its wings kick up sand and causes sandstorms (in addition to playing music.) Not to mention Flygon is actually found in the desert and in heavy Sandstorms. While Tyrantiar live in/ on mountains... it never made sense to me that Tyranitar would get that ability that seems like it was taylor made for Flygon (and in a gen were Flygon was introduced.) If you had someone with no knowledge of the game read every pokedex entry and learn about how every Pokemon is acquired and then ask them which one Pokemon had Sand Stream as it's ability they would definitely pick Flygon...
Wow...I'm way too tired. For some reason, I only saw the first part of your post, and didn't associate it with the second part, sorry about that. I read all up and down the page looking for it, and didn't see it.

My thing about the weather was more because it was a point brought up before, and argued against, so it wasn't something that was directed at you.

Vibrava and Flygon didn't receive Hidden Abilities, so I think that they are meant to be Levitators, and Levitators, only, and I don't know why, but it may have something to do with Trapinch, but I do remember that lore about them. Sandstream would have made sense as hidden abilities in this context, however. That they could kick up sandstorms may have been more inspired by a human legend that originated with their association with sandstorms, but not something that they could do themselves.

Tyranitar, and Sandstream by proxy, weren't actually introduced in Gen III until Colosseum, so they may have wanted to avoid allowing abilities comparable to Drizzle and Drought from the get go, and that may be why Flygon didn't get it. Orre was, in fact, a desert wasteland based region, so there may or may not be some tie in to Sandstream Tyranitar being the boss, the "Legendary", of the game, depending on how far one would want to look in on that. I'm partially convinced that Tyranitar was also designed to be a counter for Mewtwo, as well, and Sandstream would only help with that.

Now, I'm off to bed!

This is on par with "Sap Sipper mega Marshtomp" but I've always wonder about Flygon's lack of hidden ability (it's family is the only one to include a Hidden ability that is lost at evolution) what if the code finally allows it's hidden ability to exist as Sand Stream and then they give it a Mega stone that turns it's ability to Sand Force... That would make my year. (lol, I'm obviously tired too this is way too out there)

Vibrava and Flygon didn't receive Hidden Abilities, so I think that they are meant to be Levitators, and Levitators, only, and I don't know why
The reason is that Game Freak decided that Levitators, with few exception, are just not allowed to have other interesting abilities. Once a levitator, always a levitator unless you're Bronzong, Dusclops or Mega Gengar.
I mean sure, it's a good ability, and some of the Pokemon would be weak to ground otherwise, but it would be nice to have a choice, and some variety. But no, fuck you non-mega Gengar. Fuck you Weezing, Mismagius, Flygon, Claydol, Hydreigon, and many more. Maybe Levitate is the best you'll need, but we'll never know because fuck you.

I'm a little passionate about this and I'm not entirely sure why.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's an easy way to show that they're able to float/fly without making them a Flying type. Electric and Steel types can be handwaved as using electro-magnetism to repel gravity, but for the other Pokemon, it's harder to explain how they're floating/flying without actually making them part Flying. Granted, this isn't the most consistent explanation, but that's Gamefreak for you.

This is on par with "Sap Sipper mega Marshtomp" but I've always wonder about Flygon's lack of hidden ability (it's family is the only one to include a Hidden ability that is lost at evolution) what if the code finally allows it's hidden ability to exist as Sand Stream and then they give it a Mega stone that turns it's ability to Sand Force... That would make my year. (lol, I'm obviously tired too this is way too out there)
Just give it Arena Trap as a HA lol

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This kind of sounds to me like what you were saying when the news of ORAS broke, about how there would be no new Mega Evolutions...
Did I? If I failed to get my point across earlier, my view has always been that there would be more Megas, just that they wouldn't necessarily be compatible with XY.

It seems to me that they could have just been included as a red herring, to make us chase our tails in circles, trying to figure out what they mean.
Thing is... that's a lot of content for red herrings. Three new Pokémon species, three new Pokémon forms (Floette + 2x Vivillon), and a quite long list of moves (at a glance, I count ten). It's a lot more than we've had in any previous version. If I were a GameFreak developer, and tasked to put in a red herring, I'd put in the move "Tombstoner" alluded to in the quiz in Cinnabar Gym, a new ability whose description implicated it was broken beyond doubt, and perhaps a "Mystery Stone" item. Not much, just enough to make the fans crazy with speculation. Then all the "real" content could be added as patches later. However, we've now got enough content to make XY compatible with several years' worth of events and new games.

Yes, we know that moves, species and abilities theoretically could be implemented as patches. However, that brings certain logistics problems and technical difficulties, which would be eliminated completely by simply including the content in the first games of the generation. After all, the games are planned so far in advance that there would be plenty of time to do so. And, wouldn't you know, XY happens to have enough content in it to satisfy the bare requirements from ORAS, and probably even Z. It seems like GameFreak has gone for the obvious solution, instead of using a patching system just for the sake of keeping things hidden.

I would like Self-Destruct to be a move tutor. The only way to get it on Snorlax IIRC is by getting a Munchlax in HGSS and then transferring to gen 5 and then transferring to gen 6. And you need the Pokewalker.

The reason is that Game Freak decided that Levitators, with few exception, are just not allowed to have other interesting abilities. Once a levitator, always a levitator unless you're Bronzong, Dusclops or Mega Gengar.
I mean sure, it's a good ability, and some of the Pokemon would be weak to ground otherwise, but it would be nice to have a choice, and some variety. But no, fuck you non-mega Gengar. Fuck you Weezing, Mismagius, Flygon, Claydol, Hydreigon, and many more. Maybe Levitate is the best you'll need, but we'll never know because fuck you.

I'm a little passionate about this and I'm not entirely sure why.
Fan Rotom is the poster child for this lol

Aurorus, Gardevoir and Sylveon would beneifit greatly. Also any special-attacking Normal-type (Chatot having Boomburst compatible with Heat Wave would also be cool)
STAB Boomburst is pretty damn broken, it being given to Exploud gives it a nice niche despite its low stats. Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon though so fuck balance let's destroy everything!

Last edited:
I would like Self-Destruct to be a move tutor. The only way to get it on Snorlax IIRC is by getting a Munchlax in HGSS and then transferring to gen 5 and then transferring to gen 6. And you need the Pokewalker.

Fan Rotom is the poster child for this lol

STAB Boomburst is pretty damn broken, it being given to Exploud gives it a nice niche despite its low stats. Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon though so fuck balance let's destroy everything!
You can get one in XD as well:
http://www.serebii.net/xd/move-tutor.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)